SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sunglasses Vending (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2016)

Unregistered November 27, 2006 11:21 PM

Sunglasses Vending

A little while ago I asked about being an itinerant sales guy. The post about selling gadgets at gun shows, and flea markets got me thinking. Another, more specialized line of goods came to mind: sunglasses. Any ideas about this? Has anyone sold sunglasses out of a cart?

Frank

Pappy November 28, 2006 01:33 AM

Re: Sunglasses Vending

Hey Frank: are you thinking about selling them at gun shows?

I've got a nice software product to sell at gun shows/meets/swaps if you're interested.

Just let me know.....

thanks...
Pappy

Unregistered November 28, 2006 10:08 AM

Pappy, I was thinking of a variety of venues. Do you have a web site that describes your software? Can you provide a brief description here?

Frank

Pappy November 29, 2006 12:34 AM

Hey Frank.......

send me a pm and I will send you a link for a download.

later......
Pappy

Unregistered November 29, 2006 08:50 AM

Re: Hey Frank.......

Pappy, I have a Mac, so Windows programs are out. Anyway, this is a golden opportunity to discuss what you have. Why are you hesitant to post some details here?

Pappy November 29, 2006 02:25 PM

Because I don't want to come close to advertising on Dien's board. So if YOU want more details PM me. BTW are you a registered user?

Pappy

Timothy A. O'Dell November 30, 2006 12:37 PM

As a matter of fact I have sold sunglasses at convention center sales, at the flea markets, and a few times set up on a busy street corner.

I have an extensive list of suppliers and can help you on who to avoid. Most of what I did was with travelling super sales set up at convention centers with preshow tv advertising. Sales are always phenomenal there but the space is incredibly expensive. I never really minded paying $1000 to turn 5 or ten thousand in sales.

Flea markets can be tough because you won't be the only sunglass vendor.

Street corner sales can be a gold mine. Your booth or tent must look professional. Large signs are a must. Corner must be very high traffic.

If I don't tell you anything else at least hear this. Sales will triple with one phrase:
"Buy one pair Get TWO pairs free. That's only $20 for three pairs today."
This phrase is so effective because your signs say buy one pair get ONE free.

At the convention sales I could be heard yelling that phrase from one end of the hall to the other.

Good luck and PM me if you'ld like a list of suppliers.

Frank December 1, 2006 03:21 PM

Timothy, I sent you a PM. It'd be great to get your supplier list.

Pappy, I am not really interested in selling software. Thanks anyway.

Frank

Pappy December 1, 2006 09:35 PM

No problem......

good luck to you....

Pappy

Cynthia December 1, 2006 10:09 PM

Hello Frank,

Why not joint venture using Timothy's convention center idea? I read about someone JVing with someone inside who already has a booth. Go into the convention & offer them some cash to rent part of their booth, or the whole booth if it isn't getting any traffic (it's a loss for them at that point, so some money is better than the nothing they'll probably make). Or wait til the day of the trade show or convention & approach the person selling the booths. They'll already have sold all the booths they're going to, so you can probably get a big discount or offer them a commission off what you sell.

Cynthia