SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Selling Full Color Photo Business Cards (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1872)

Richard Dennis October 25, 2006 01:14 PM

Selling Full Color Photo Business Cards

I tried the "Search" function on the old forum, but didn't get what I'm looking for.

I have a friend whose recent hospital expense for his daughter left him in desperate financial straits. I wanted to refer him to one of the threads on the old SOWPUB board about selling color photo business cards to local businesses.

If you have a url for one of those threads, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Richard Dennis

Phil October 25, 2006 05:22 PM

Re: Selling Full Color Photo Business Cards

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately, the urls from the old threads don't work...

Dien, recently mentioned the balance of the SowPub threads will be up soon But it's probably going to take some time...

Googling related Keyword phrases will bring up some information and dealer ideas etc...

But my Best recommendation is to contact our SowPub resident "Skip" who has one of the Best reports all about selling color photo business cards to local businesses etc...

Fortunately...

All of Skip's Excellent business idea reports are way too Affordable. :)
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthre...highlight=SKIP

Phil

Don Alm October 26, 2006 01:50 AM

1) Find a source that will do 1000 Photo Biz Cards for $30/M

2) Get some Sample Cards from the printer. Place them in a 3-ring binder.

3) Make up a "Rate Sheet" and "Order Form".

4) Call on businesses....tell the owner you are offering Full Color PHOTO Business Cards for a special price....show samples....show Rate Sheet with "1,000 Cards for $130 + $60 one-time setup fee....= $190 Collect deposit of $95....place order with printer....deliver order and collect balance of $95.

5) Do this 5 times a day. (Some offices will order 2, 3, 4, or more sets)

I know 2 women who've been doing this for awhile and get their 5 to 8 sales a day from 8 till noon.

Don Alm

Make Money with Photo Business Cards
http://www.donalm.com

Richard Dennis October 26, 2006 09:34 AM

Re: Phil & Don - Thanks so much! (DNO)

x

Don Alm October 26, 2006 06:54 PM

Price Drop....

I just checked my source and they've dropped the price again, for...

1,000 FULL COLOR BUSINESS CARDS
1) 14pt C1S (means Coated 1 Side).....$17.10
2) 16pt C1S " $19

This means YOU can provide your customers with a TOP quality product and make $171 PER ORDER ($130 for 1M Cards and $60 One Time Set Up = $190 less $19 = $171)

This is a printer that does all my full color stuff and they are "for real".

Heck....just TWO ORDERS A DAY...puts $350 in your pocket.

It's a crying shame that SOME of the viewers HERE are looking for "Nirvana"... that "Business in the Sky"...where they can "miraculously" make money with their PC...on the Net.....with the following criteria that "Gemini4x" laid out;

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
1. I want something that is 100% automated online (but I'm not opposed to offline marketing)
2. I don't want to call people on the phone, spend time on conference calls/3-way calls, or attend meetings.
3. I prefer something that isn't MLM, but I'm not totally opposed to it.
4. There must be an actual product or service that provides value to the customer. I don't want a "system" that just recruits others to pay for the same "system" where there really isn't a product/service involved.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Well....Gemini can keep hunting and he "may" find "IT"....AND....in the meantime, I know 2 women who are CONSISTANTLY earning $500 and up A DAY....by making "PERSONAL CALLS" on businesses to "SELL" their Full Color Photo Business Cards.

Anyway...Richard...send me an email if you'd like to know my source of "$17.10" for 1,000 quality biz cards.

Don Alm

bobmcalister October 26, 2006 07:44 PM

just for fun and biz...:D

we would all love to know that don...

appreciate your help and input !

Don Alm October 26, 2006 11:58 PM

Not my source BUT....close enuff.

Don Alm

calmdown504 October 27, 2006 06:40 PM

Re: Price Drop....

hey don...i am VERY interested in doing this, I think I could do it, I'm young and in school, and I have enough time to do this...I would love to know the source my email is [email protected]

looking forward to hearing from you

Bea October 28, 2006 05:48 PM

Hmmm...I have heard of this idea before, but I didn't think it would work. (Maybe the high profit margin threw me off.) But, I am just being honest.

I'd be interested in hearing back from someone who actually gets the materials, the notebook, etc., & then would give it a good trial run (that would be to at least stay out 3-4 hours & then let us hear back from you with how much interest there is out there, or if you DO make sales, how many! :-D

I love these roundtables!

Jason October 28, 2006 06:11 PM

I have sold a few business cards in my day.
The best way to see if it for you is to go out and give it a shot.

Find a printer,
get some printed for yourself,
use the samples they send to show what can be done,
knock on some doors and see what happens.

Show them the benefit(s) that your $150-$200 cards will give them over their dull boring $40 cards.

something that has worked for me was to add value to the back of the card, a reason for the end user of the card to hang on to it.

I don't really think you need a report to determine if you can do this.!
You can try it for free. If it works, great! If not, you have very little out of pocket expense.
Jason

Jason