SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are You a Slow or a Fast Thinker? - Take This 30 second Test To Find Out! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7960)

SteveSki February 14, 2012 08:54 AM

Are You a Slow or a Fast Thinker? - Take This 30 second Test To Find Out!

Dien Rice February 14, 2012 10:05 AM

Michael Hewitt-Gleeson...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 30075)

Hi Steve,

That's some interesting stuff... I looked at Michael Hewitt-Gleeson's stuff a few years ago, I remember thinking it was interesting, but then I didn't actually spend enough time to delve deeply enough into it.

I know he worked with Edward de Bono (who is famous for his books on "lateral thinking") for a while...

Here's more on Michael Hewitt-Gleeson...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hewitt-Gleeson

Steve, what's your take on and/or experience with his stuff?

Best wishes,

Dien

sandalwood February 14, 2012 03:41 PM

Re: Are You a Slow or a Fast Thinker? - Take This 30 second Test To Find Out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 30075)

Steve,

Thanks for the post. Great stuff. I downloaded Gleeson's book and plan on reading it tonight or at least trying to read it. Stuff like this should be handed out in every school in the world IMHO. That thing we call a brain too often turns into a septic tank rather than a think tank.

Tom

Bozo February 14, 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 30082)
Steve,

Thanks for the post. Great stuff. I downloaded Gleeson's book and plan on reading it tonight or at least trying to read it. Stuff like this should be handed out in every school in the world IMHO. That thing we call a brain too often turns into a septic tank rather than a think tank.

Tom

I got the book too, and had a struggle getting into it. Looked like the same old same old. Stuck with it and by page 40 I was hooked. Good stuff!

Every school in the world should be closed and boarded up. All the teachers given the option to believe or think, and the true believers are then shot.

Students get the same choices, but they are told up front that their beliefs will get them killed.

I think in the long run that would save everybody a lot of grief. Kind of a reverse Inquisition thing.

:D :D

SteveSki February 14, 2012 10:57 PM

Hi Dien, Thanks for asking.

My experience… well I’m still struggling with eradicating PTV (The Pluto Truth Virus) from my necktop computer (Brain) but have benefited immensely from installing the new software CVS2BVS.

His two books, which you can get for free have helped me to triple my income so far!

I can’t do them justice in a short post…. Just put both of them on your reading list…..

(If you are in a hurry he has a short 59 second course in thinking here)

The Brain Software is for everyone. Download it at: http://www.schoolofthinking.org/software.pdf

And for entrepreneurs request a free copy of his WOMBAT SELLING book at:
http://www.schoolofthinking.org/how-...ombat-selling/ it will rip apart the old style of American Selling and replace it with what Michael Hewitt-Gleeson calls “ NEWSELL” which will work for even non sales types because it’s not based on bible thumping – close the sale – type tactics. It will help you to keep your focus and efforts on what really works and will prove that closing is a myth that needs to be replaced with a NEWSELL SYSTEM.

His two books along with Sam Carpenters book at: http://www.WorkTheSystem.com which you introduced me to by posting about it on SOWPUB have taken me to new heights!

I guarantee these books will improve your life if you read them and practice what they teach! And before I forget…. To improve your game take advantage of the #1 Law of Success “t4t” and learn why turning the other cheek makes you a sucker while practising an eye for an eye is the best strategy. I'm not saying to be nasty... Just look it up on Michael's School of Thinking website.

Cheers,

Steve Shulenski
www.DigitalFantasyBackgrounds.com

sandalwood February 14, 2012 11:25 PM

"Every school in the world should be closed and boarded up. All the teachers given the option to believe or think, and the true believers are then shot.

Students get the same choices, but they are told up front that their beliefs will get them killed.

I think in the long run that would save everybody a lot of grief. Kind of a reverse Inquisition thing."

Other than that, how'd you like the parade Mrs. Kennedy? :p

Duane Adolph February 15, 2012 04:42 PM

CVStoBVS CVStoBVS and How to 10X Your Business

Thanks for the reminder. I LOVE Michael Hewitt-Glesson's work. Not sure why he does not get more recognition here in North America.

Read this years ago, in it's original daily email format. Re-read it again last year. He changed somethings but the meat is still there.

CVStoBVS software is ingrained in me.

"CVStoBVS"

O.K An EVEN BETTER view is to get his Sales book.
You MUST read it it's called Newsell. I think he did his Doctorate/Thesis on Sales Psychology.

Specifically learn about his UNCHECKtoCHECK Brain Software.

"CVStoBVS"

O.K I have an EVEN BETTER VIEW then just reading the Newsell books. Watch this presentation he gave a couple of years back at the X10 seminar. I found the a link in my "Secret Treasure Chest."

If you want to 10x your business watch and APPLY.

If NOT, then please find out what CVStoBVS software is and repeat it 10 times. Your view will change. Enjoy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42767099301869

CVSTOBVS can be life-changing when you apply it.

"CVSTOBVS"

I have been APPLYING this Brain software throughout my post...
Did ya catch it?;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 30077)
Hi Steve,

That's some interesting stuff... I looked at Michael Hewitt-Gleeson's stuff a few years ago, I remember thinking it was interesting, but then I didn't actually spend enough time to delve deeply enough into it.

I know he worked with Edward de Bono (who is famous for his books on "lateral thinking") for a while...

Here's more on Michael Hewitt-Gleeson...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hewitt-Gleeson

Steve, what's your take on and/or experience with his stuff?

Best wishes,

Dien

sandalwood February 16, 2012 11:34 AM

Re: CVStoBVS CVStoBVS and How to 10X Your Business

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duane Adolph (Post 30090)
Thanks for the reminder. I LOVE Michael Hewitt-Glesson's work. Not sure why he does not get more recognition here in North America.

Read this years ago, in it's original daily email format. Re-read it again last year. He changed somethings but the meat is still there.

CVStoBVS software is ingrained in me.

"CVStoBVS"

O.K An EVEN BETTER view is to get his Sales book.
You MUST read it it's called Newsell. I think he did his Doctorate/Thesis on Sales Psychology.

Specifically learn about his UNCHECKtoCHECK Brain Software.

"CVStoBVS"

O.K I have an EVEN BETTER VIEW then just reading the Newsell books. Watch this presentation he gave a couple of years back at the X10 seminar. I found the a link in my "Secret Treasure Chest."

If you want to 10x your business watch and APPLY.

If NOT, then please find out what CVStoBVS software is and repeat it 10 times. Your view will change. Enjoy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42767099301869

CVSTOBVS can be life-changing when you apply it.

"CVSTOBVS"

I have been APPLYING this Brain software throughout my post...
Did ya catch it?;)

Duane,

I would assume he doesn't get more play simply because he really doesn't say much. All he did was restate the obvious and got a PhD out of the restatement. In other words he did real well for himself.

His $100,000 reward gimmick certainly is interesting and a definite eye catcher. However it doesn't prove a thing. I can offer $100,000 to anyone who can close me. Guess what, they never will. I bet you can guess why.

I am not saying his work is wrong or not useful. It got me re-thinking my approach and made me change a thing or two but overall, that is all it is good for.

If you have been in sales for any length of time, you know you can't close the sale. It is all in how you open it. The client has to be willing to walk himself through your presentation.

Wait a minute, I'm wrong. Of course you close the sale. Every sale is closed. The client either bought or didn't buy. Period, end of story, the sale is closed. Therefore you can always say, yes, I closed the sale and be right 100% of the time.

In his WOMBAT book, he just tells us word of mouth is the best advertising you can get. Whooppee, our insurance agency book of business is full of WOMBATs. Why? If I tell you, I"ll have to kill me.

How did we find those WOMBATs? Don't ask Gleeson cuz he doesn't know how to find them or at least he doesn't tell you in his book. Finding WOMBATs is both an art and a science and it goes beyond just telling people to find them.

We unlocked the mystery and didn't even know Gleeson existed. Imagine that, two ole country bumpkins in Northern Nevada fumbled along and learned the magic bullet practicum.

I would write a book and spill the beans but I don't want anyone to know we know. Then, of course, they would want to know. I can't have too many people knowing. Gleeson on the other hand doesn't mind people knowing. God bless him.

Anyway, that's just my take on Gleeson. It might not even be worth the price of admission...

Duane Adolph February 19, 2012 02:01 PM

Re: CVStoBVS CVStoBVS and How to 10X Your Business

Hi @sandalwood (Tom?)

Thanks for your perspective. I like to hear different perspective from people that are or have been "In the Sales Field" (FIELD EXPERIENCE) Looks like CVStoBVS has BLOWN UP here on Sowpub there are about 3+ different threads :->

Looks like Gleeson's work Did have an impact on your thinking ...even if minimal from your perspective. When you said:

I am not saying his work is wrong or not useful. It got me re-thinking my approach and made me change a thing or two but overall, that is all it is good for.

The "Rethinking" and "a thing or two" could have a significant impact depending on what they are. You are in sales so I don't need to go into the difference between a 1% and 2% conversion rate and the dramatic Impact it could have on Profit.

In my opinion ANY demonstrable CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR as a result of ingesting information is a great thing. Contrast that with reading a book and still doing the same old actions you used to.

His $100,000 reward gimmick certainly is interesting and a definite eye catcher. However it doesn't prove a thing. I can offer $100,000 to anyone who can close me. Guess what, they never will. I bet you can guess why.

Umm I think you just proved the doctors point....and I agree with you No salesperson can CLOSE you in that scenario. What You can NOT control is the salesperson contacting you. (example, Many a Do Not Call list Prospect have tried to stop telemarketers and have failed :->)

If you have been in sales for any length of time, you know you can't close the sale. It is all in how you open it. The client has to be willing to walk himself through your presentation.

Wait a minute, I'm wrong. Of course you close the sale. Every sale is closed. The client either bought or didn't buy. Period, end of story, the sale is closed. Therefore you can always say, yes, I closed the sale and be right 100% of the time.

Hmmm I have been in sales (corporate) and I see where you are going with this...You may have just contradicted yourself based on your conclusion from the 100k example you mentioned above about not being able to be closed. I think the other threads address this pretty clearly. I may make a separate post.

We unlocked the mystery and didn't even know Gleeson existed. Imagine that, two ole country bumpkins in Northern Nevada fumbled along and learned the magic bullet practicum.

I would write a book and spill the beans but I don't want anyone to know we know. Then, of course, they would want to know. I can't have too many people knowing. Gleeson on the other hand doesn't mind people knowing. God bless him.

I and I am sure many here would be interested in hearing about Your WOM Strategies based on your experience. Why not share it? or License it to non competitve industry?? Just a thought

Anyway, that's just my take on Gleeson. It might not even be worth the price of admission..

THANK YOU for your take. There is no "right/wrong" as Glesson would say just a CVS and a BVS lol.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 30092)
Duane,

I would assume he doesn't get more play simply because he really doesn't say much. All he did was restate the obvious and got a PhD out of the restatement. In other words he did real well for himself.

In his WOMBAT book, he just tells us word of mouth is the best advertising you can get. Whooppee, our insurance agency book of business is full of WOMBATs. Why? If I tell you, I"ll have to kill me.

How did we find those WOMBATs? Don't ask Gleeson cuz he doesn't know how to find them or at least he doesn't tell you in his book. Finding WOMBATs is both an art and a science and it goes beyond just telling people to find them.

Anyway, that's just my take on Gleeson. It might not even be worth the price of admission...