SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What you want, so far. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9938)

GordonJ August 6, 2017 11:42 AM

YES, we're interested in JV, will listen to any ideas anyone has,

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVc5hws (Post 38409)
I think Gordon alluded to collaborations in the first part of the thread. Great opportunity!

Thanks, let me be straight up here, no hints, secret messages or being coy.

YES, SowPub is interested in any sort of a Joint Venture you have in mind.

We will listen to anything, but, you may find us a bit choosy. It isn't about making money with anything we don't like, and I (Gordon) don't like a LOT of stuff.

But, we do have some good lists to make offers to. We do get ranked by Google. We can broadcast to thousands, although rarely do.

Here are rough draft guidelines for your JV idea:

A- Your time, our knowledge
B- Well defined TARGET MARKET
C- A well thought out plan, one year, view from rooftop, rungs up
D- Prefer higher end offers, but will listen to front ends too
E- Simple, executable ideas which don't involve other people, software or third party rules and regs.

Basically, we could do almost anything. So, let us hear from you, and if you prefer, send email, and I'll include a standard statement about non disclosure too, but we can't DO a JV, if we don't know what it is, fair enough?

Gordon

sandalwood August 8, 2017 11:18 AM

Re: What you want, so far.

I've read all the posts and my oh my are there great ideas. Donsonic certainly presented one. But, and this is a big but...

HOW DO YOU GET SOMEONE OFF THEIR DEAD ASS TO TAKE ACTION?

Isn't that really the first step in ANY program. I know it is for me. I'm in the insurance business and if I don't talk to people about insurance I don't sell any. Now I can buy a list of prospects, talk to other gym rats, engage the couple sitting at the next table at our fave restaurant or whatever in order to talk with people. It doesn't matter how I take action.

BUT (see I said it was big) I have to take action. No action NO WRITTEN POLICIES. No policies no checks.

I know I've interrupted this idea sling fest with my question. Truth be told, nobody has yet addressed the most important, at least to me, question raised above.

I would bet everyone on this forum has spent 7, 10 or more buckaroos on ebooks, videos, books and other forms of information transfer on the latest greatest idea, venture, program and read it cover to cover. After they read it, they put it in a file with the intent to get back to it in a few days. Howemsoever, that never happened.

So again, how do we as individuals get off our dead ass and take action?

GordonJ August 8, 2017 12:31 PM

EXCELLENT question...here is one (MY) answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 38414)
I've read all the posts and my oh my are there great ideas. Donsonic certainly presented one. But, and this is a big but...

HOW DO YOU GET SOMEONE OFF THEIR DEAD ASS TO TAKE ACTION?

Isn't that really the first step in ANY program. I know it is for me. I'm in the insurance business and if I don't talk to people about insurance I don't sell any. Now I can buy a list of prospects, talk to other gym rats, engage the couple sitting at the next table at our fave restaurant or whatever in order to talk with people. It doesn't matter how I take action.

BUT (see I said it was big) I have to take action. No action NO WRITTEN POLICIES. No policies no checks.

I know I've interrupted this idea sling fest with my question. Truth be told, nobody has yet addressed the most important, at least to me, question raised above.

I would bet everyone on this forum has spent 7, 10 or more buckaroos on ebooks, videos, books and other forms of information transfer on the latest greatest idea, venture, program and read it cover to cover. After they read it, they put it in a file with the intent to get back to it in a few days. Howemsoever, that never happened.

So again, how do we as individuals get off our dead ass and take action?

My belief is simple: fast action must bring quick results, albeit, small sums.

Let me use my "apprentices" as examples: I give them 4 months of time, and they need to have a product for sale and a fully fleshed out view from the rooftop, one year from when they start.

BUT, life gets in the way, some start getting busy with other money makers, or family or health, or whatever...so there is that.

But...I want to see SOMETHING for sale in 30 days, 10 days preferably. A HOTSHEET or short report. Something they can sell.

Which means they need a product, (hotsheet/report)
a place to put their sales page (promotion)
a way to take money (most start with paypal)
a way to keep track and contact with customers.

So far, all this can be done for free. Just a little time, and altogether, except for the writing of the hotsheet, but even then, we're looking at 4 hours of time. But take 10.

Then, bring traffic to the sales page (I usually provide initial eyes from here or one of our lists). Make a sale or two and test your "funnel" or system.

Fast and quick. Because, if you can sell one or two, and get some feedback, then you can begin to scale, and from what I've heard over the years, the THRILL of getting that first few bux from something you created, will oft provide the motivation to do more, to get off one's azz and see bigger results.

People just won't work for months without expecting a payout, and in most cases, it doesn't come. But quick, easy, fast RESULTS, with an eye toward a bigger plan, more of, a family of, a funnel or ESCALATOR to bigger profits IS often the motivation to get started. And to keep going.

Chattel for example, start today with a 10 to 25 dollar buy on craigslist and flip it on ebay for a profit, even a few bux, shows you PROOF OF CONCEPT.

Our friend in FL, the fleamarketflipper, worked up to a 6k buy and turned it into a 20k sale, for a sweet 14k profit because HE got off his azz on the little tiny profit deals and EXPERIENCED SOME SUCCESS.

That's my answer, maybe others have a better or different one.

EXPERIENCE QUICK SUCCESS and your lack of starting will fade away.

Gordon (Mr quick, or so she said!)

sandalwood August 8, 2017 11:40 PM

Re: EXCELLENT question...here is one (MY) answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 38415)
My belief is simple: fast action must bring quick results, albeit, small sums.

Let me use my "apprentices" as examples: I give them 4 months of time, and they need to have a product for sale and a fully fleshed out view from the rooftop, one year from when they start.

BUT, life gets in the way, some start getting busy with other money makers, or family or health, or whatever...so there is that.

But...I want to see SOMETHING for sale in 30 days, 10 days preferably. A HOTSHEET or short report. Something they can sell.

Which means they need a product, (hotsheet/report)
a place to put their sales page (promotion)
a way to take money (most start with paypal)
a way to keep track and contact with customers.

So far, all this can be done for free. Just a little time, and altogether, except for the writing of the hotsheet, but even then, we're looking at 4 hours of time. But take 10.

Then, bring traffic to the sales page (I usually provide initial eyes from here or one of our lists). Make a sale or two and test your "funnel" or system.

Fast and quick. Because, if you can sell one or two, and get some feedback, then you can begin to scale, and from what I've heard over the years, the THRILL of getting that first few bux from something you created, will oft provide the motivation to do more, to get off one's azz and see bigger results.

People just won't work for months without expecting a payout, and in most cases, it doesn't come. But quick, easy, fast RESULTS, with an eye toward a bigger plan, more of, a family of, a funnel or ESCALATOR to bigger profits IS often the motivation to get started. And to keep going.

Chattel for example, start today with a 10 to 25 dollar buy on craigslist and flip it on ebay for a profit, even a few bux, shows you PROOF OF CONCEPT.

Our friend in FL, the fleamarketflipper, worked up to a 6k buy and turned it into a 20k sale, for a sweet 14k profit because HE got off his azz on the little tiny profit deals and EXPERIENCED SOME SUCCESS.

That's my answer, maybe others have a better or different one.

EXPERIENCE QUICK SUCCESS and your lack of starting will fade away.

Gordon (Mr quick, or so she said!)

I hearsya brudder. However, I think you answered a different question. That's the why should I get off my dead ass and take action question. I couldn't agree with you more. Once I got off my dead ass and started my cold calling regimen, God was I money maker. But what got me off my dead ass?

That sir probably has a unique answer since, that is if we believe, we are all unique. My motivation was to show the boss I could produce like a champ and that he didn't make a mistake in hiring me. I also knew that if I produced like I told myself I could, I'd make a bundle of ole Mr. Scratch. I was a new hire at Dean Witter BTW. I'm not bragging by a long shot. I was only in the top 10%. Some of the guys I knew were in the top 5%.

Moving forward to today. I'm 72 and don't really need to work a day on my shortened horizon. At the same time I just wrote and sent off to the home office another life insurance policy. Can't help myself. Gotstodoit or shrivel up and die.

My take action reasons are of course my own and may not fit anyone else on the forum. However, I did know once I made up my mind only me/yours truly was responsible to take action. I took it. Yeah proving my boss wasn't a jerk in hiring me certainly helped to motivate me BUT (still big) I had to take the action.

Anyway all your stuff is excellent and your experiences seem to parallel some of mine. I don't know if that's a plus or minus but I do know we know action comes only from within.

Enticements and money are nice but there will always be people who won't take a single step forward. I say recognize that and keep putting that one foot in front of the other. It'll work out for at least you or me in my case.