SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to survive an A-HOLE boss... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11144)

GordonJ December 8, 2021 10:35 AM

How to survive an A-HOLE boss...

when you are a one man band?

Sometimes, the boss drives me nuts. So I have to have a meeting and tell him to cool his jets. OK, the meeting room is the bedroom where there is a full length mirror.

Sometimes, when we start the meeting, I get awed at how handsome, intelligent and worldly that guy is....until he picks his nose.

I do confess, he is right most of the time, but when he is wrong, its a doozy.

Anyhow, if you are facing a boss in the mirror, cut them some slack, they are, after all, only human, whether they think so or not.

Gordon

Dien Rice December 9, 2021 07:52 PM

The mental view that helps me...

Hi Gordon,

Being your own boss, sometimes you're easier on yourself than you would be on an employee...

And sometimes you're much tougher!

I often find it helpful to remind myself that I have a bigger responsibility than just to myself...

I have a responsibility to my family...

...to my good friends (those who would help me, and have helped me, when I'm knocked down),

...and even to society at large...

It's not just about me... It's bigger than that...

For some reason, I often find that helps!

Thanks for sharing, Gordon!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 42527)

Sometimes, the boss drives me nuts. So I have to have a meeting and tell him to cool his jets. OK, the meeting room is the bedroom where there is a full length mirror.

Sometimes, when we start the meeting, I get awed at how handsome, intelligent and worldly that guy is....until he picks his nose.

Anyhow, if you are facing a boss in the mirror, cut them some slack, they are, after all, only human, whether they think so or not.

Gordon

Dien Rice December 19, 2021 06:35 PM

Smokey the Bear is in my way!

I really hate that A-Hole boss!
He's always causing me a loss!
Looks a bit like Smokey the Bear
Every time I look in the mirror - he's there!

:)

- Dien

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 42527)

Gordon