SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Snakes, Spiders and Mice, OH MY. Stimulus/Response and a 15 min. MP3 for you. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6742)

GordonJ February 26, 2010 03:55 PM

Spiders and snakes and Mice, OH MY. Stimulus/Response and a 15 min. MP3 for you.
 
Hopefully,

You will be able to listen to this 15 min. audio program, the first of my NEW series, Lessons of a Lifetime. The first lesson I rec'd at 9 years old, when I started selling flowers door to door on Maryann Dr. in Tallmadge, OH.

Please give some feedback if you listen to it. Let me know if you got anything or nothing, out of it. Your time is important, and I'm making these new audios short and sweet. This is probably the longest one in the series.

Here is where you can download it:

http://www.tinyurl.com/yelka47

Gordon Jay

Glenn February 26, 2010 06:05 PM

Daughter Makes 9000.00 in 5 Days At a Nude Resort-OH MY
 
Dear Gordon,

Thank You!

Your - Flower snakes, mice and spiders OH MY - sales experience with Mr Allen reminds me of my own childhood. Except I sold garden vegetables door to door.

I didn't know it at the time, but my Dad was giving me similar answers to all the housewife objections.

In Return for Your OH MY Story...

I'd like to share a funny story a client told me last week -

-------------------

Daughter Makes 9000.00 in 5 Days At a Nude Resort

Lionel says, "Did I ever tell you I bought my daughter an 8000.00 Business Franchise?"

"No, you never did," I answered.

"Ok," Lionel answers. "Here's what happened. I took my 18 year old daughter Lemmy to a Trade Show. Next to our booth was a Teeth Whitening booth.

"Dad can I get 100.00 to get my teeth whitened? They shine a light on your teeth," the daughter said.

"Sure honey." He hands her 100 bucks.

Shortly after she comes back and wants 8 Grand! Lemmy says, "The tooth whitening man says I can get my own franchise for only 8000.00."

"Can I start my own business, Dad?"

Lionel says, "Here's where I made my mistake. Instead of saying, "No." I said, "Honey, do you know that Hotel Resort, Health Club, Spa, Tiki Bar, Restaurant, Night Club Resort near the Nudist Colony on Highway 23?

"IF you can get the manager of the whole shootin' match to let you set up a tooth whitening booth in their Club - where all the members who pay 1600.00 a year membership fees walk by - YES - I'll set you up in business."

WELL....

The very next day Lemmy came back. She'd gone and talked to the manager. He said, "Yes, fine, ok, whatever. When do you want to start?"

Lionel said, "OUCH!" and wrote Lemmy a check.

"A funny thing happened," Lionel says to me. "For the first week Lemmy is selling 100.00 Teeth Whitening at a 10 or 15 a day clip. She turned the 1st 9000.00 over to me. So I got my money back, at least."

"Uh oh," I said. "What do you mean when you say, 'At Least?'"

"Uhmmmm", Lionel says. "My daughter has a short attention span. Three weeks go by and nothing. No more money. Lemmy says things are slow. But I smelled a rat. So I drove over to the Tiki Bar. Went in and got a big surprise."

Dead silence on the phone.

"So What happened?" I demanded.

"Turns out that the nudist colony and the hotel resort are owned by the same folks. I found Lemmy in the water at the pool - Tiki Bar - drinking and flirting with a bunch of naked men."

I tried to put a positive spin on things. "She could be networking. Smiling at prospects to get them back to her tooth booth."

Big Sigh. "Nope," says Lionel. "My daughter says she's tired of the tooth whitening biz. It's more fun to drink and flirt with her new friends at the NUDE Tiki Bar."

"That's tough," I sympathized. Trying not to laugh.

"Total loss, huh?"

Lionel cheered up some. "No, I worked out a deal with the Resort manager." Glum again. "But I only make a couple hundred a month now. Not even enough to pay Lemmy's bar tab."

I'm smiling now.

"Too bad. It had possibilities."

"Yeah. Too Bad."

And Lionel had to go to a meeting. He has to make money to pay Lemmy's bills.

Thanks for Your Snakes and Flowers Story,
Glenn Osborn

P.S. - Amazing how our research is so similar. You with Door to door sales, Me with HEROIN-In-Print. Just words.

For the past two years I've been Studying what you refer to as "Stimulus-Response" sales with nothing but the WORDS. Borrowing ideas from #1 Book Authors.

ONLY THE Big Guns of Writing and Copywriting use the exact same STIMULUS-RESPONSE strategy - with words - you explained in your mp3 Audio.

J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter
James Patterson
John Grisham

And a dozen more ALL Use Different - Very Specific Applications of the same STIMULUS-RESPONSE idea you used door to door...

IN PRINT.
JUST Words.
Words alone.

So what I did is write a Chapter about each one. Giving their EXACT Step By Step STIMULUS-RESPONSE Words that Invisibly SELL Their book.

What I call, "UGLY EMOTION ENERGY WRITING"

Lots of Examples in my Ebay sales letter too.

----------------------------------------------------
"UGLY Energy Words WorkBook" - Auction LINK...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...24517w t_1167

GordonJ March 4, 2010 03:01 PM

Number two has been sent.
 
My first NEW audio, Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY can be listened to at:

www.tinyurl.com/yelka47

It may take a few seconds to load, but should start playing automatically.

The SECOND in the series has been sent to Dien for posting up as his time allows. It had to be broken into TWO parts. It is ME going over thed Pictogrigm of Persuasion, and combined with Spiders, it forms the first TWO of four new recordings that build a foundation of understanding. Then we'll go from there.

To get ready for number two, you can go and print out the Pictogrigm of Persuasion here:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/Persuasion.html

And after you have heard me explain it, I guarantee some light bulbs will be going off.

Gordon

Ricky March 4, 2010 11:21 PM

Re: Snakes, Spiders and Mice, OH MY. Stimulus/Response and a 15 min. MP3 for you.
 
Thanks Gordon.

Great job! It was fun to listen to.

I did notice on the recording though when it came up in RealPlayer that the file name of the recording had a 5 or 6 digit number in front of it something like this 781234_004 ... and the _004 led me to believe it was recording #4.

Is that recording #4? or was that an oversight? I downloaded the file but re-named it to "Gordon Jay Alexander Audio_001.mp3" ... because I was assuming it was really #001.

I haven't been here at Sowpub for a while so maybe I missed something (like the other 3 recordings perhaps?).

All the best.

Ricky

GordonJ March 5, 2010 09:52 AM

Thanks Ricky, here are the "names" of the audios.
 
Ricky,

Thanks for listening.

The first in the NEW series is Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY.

The second one (probably posted today or soon) is

The Pictogrigm of Persuasion. It is almost 20 minutes and I go over the PoP as seen here:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/Persuasion.html

The third one is called USN PLAN.

The fourth one is called Square One Workshops.

These four audio recordings form a 4 walled FOUNDATION for my personal philosophies and strategies.

There are supplemental material targeted toward specific niches using these four programs, for example, I'm recording a supplement on Copywriting, there is so much BAD information and ever since Copywriting has become a Biz-Op, there are people selling terrible information about the subject.

I also have a couple of Webinars planned for additional material.

The first 4, the FOUNDATION will be up by March 15, which is my targeted launch date of the UPDATED Before You Buy Anything 2010.

Again, thanks for listening, and if you have ANY questions, please ask.

Gordon Jay Alexander



Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky (Post 26039)
Thanks Gordon.

Great job! It was fun to listen to.

I did notice on the recording though when it came up in RealPlayer that the file name of the recording had a 5 or 6 digit number in front of it something like this 781234_004 ... and the _004 led me to believe it was recording #4.

Is that recording #4? or was that an oversight? I downloaded the file but re-named it to "Gordon Jay Alexander Audio_001.mp3" ... because I was assuming it was really #001.

I haven't been here at Sowpub for a while so maybe I missed something (like the other 3 recordings perhaps?).

All the best.

Ricky


Dien Rice March 7, 2010 09:24 AM

Gordon's first two audios... now on YouTube...!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 26033)
My first NEW audio, Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY can be listened to at:

www.tinyurl.com/yelka47

It may take a few seconds to load, but should start playing automatically.

The SECOND in the series has been sent to Dien for posting up as his time allows. It had to be broken into TWO parts. It is ME going over thed Pictogrigm of Persuasion, and combined with Spiders, it forms the first TWO of four new recordings that build a foundation of understanding. Then we'll go from there.

To get ready for number two, you can go and print out the Pictogrigm of Persuasion here:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/Persuasion.html

And after you have heard me explain it, I guarantee some light bulbs will be going off.

I've put both Gordon's first audio and second audio on YouTube...

You can check 'em out here!

Gordon's first audio - Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnVLbIPYII

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTwXk_Xeow

Gordon's second audio - the Pictogrigm of Persuasion

As Gordon has said, the pictogrigm is here - http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/Persuasion.html

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RexzceQv4kQ

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsqYTGF245w

Can you listen to these okay when they're put on YouTube?

Best wishes,

Dien

GordonJ March 7, 2010 11:19 AM

IF I only knew now what I knew then...
 
Thanks Dien,

Back in 96, I used Photo Shop and Power Point and created slides for the Remote Direct Marketing Home Study Course.

That would be perfect for my "audio" series, but, alas, I've forgotten everything and don't have much interest or time to do it.

But maybe I can VIDEO this series and use some paper...

THANKS Dien for helping out. As I get older and older I get dumber and dumber...and need all the help I can get.

My goal is to have all 4 plus a 5th summary, and a couple of addendums posted up by Mar. 15, when the new FREE edition of Before You Buy Anything is released.

NOW, that I see that You Tube can serve the purpose, I can "get er done"...

Thanks again.

Gordon Jay Alexander






Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 26055)
I've put both Gordon's first audio and second audio on YouTube...

You can check 'em out here!

Gordon's first audio - Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnVLbIPYII

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTwXk_Xeow

Gordon's second audio - the Pictogrigm of Persuasion

As Gordon has said, the pictogrigm is here - http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/Persuasion.html

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RexzceQv4kQ

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsqYTGF245w

Can you listen to these okay when they're put on YouTube?

Best wishes,

Dien


GordonJ July 14, 2022 02:34 PM

That is rough. Need to run it through audio software and clip it.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 25996)
Hopefully,

You will be able to listen to this 15 min. audio program, the first of my NEW series, Lessons of a Lifetime. The first lesson I rec'd at 9 years old, when I started selling flowers door to door on Maryann Dr. in Tallmadge, OH.

Please give some feedback if you listen to it. Let me know if you got anything or nothing, out of it. Your time is important, and I'm making these new audios short and sweet. This is probably the longest one in the series.

Here is where you can download it:

http://www.tinyurl.com/yelka47

Gordon Jay


That is a tough listen to. Also, I guess I was 9, not 11, I think I was 11 when I started reading other Elmer stuff.

I guess it will have to stand, have no interest in making more listener friendly.

We should do more on stimulus/response...it truly is the foundation of all influence, persuasion and salesmanship, isn't it?

Gordon

GordonJ July 14, 2022 02:38 PM

Giving away my million dollar secrets I see...
 
Good for you. Maybe someone who can actually listen without pain, have an ah ha moment, and pick up the ball.

I may have to break out the old hard drives and show how I created the SCI Professional Home Study Course on Remote Direct Marketing.

That was something too.

I will be happy to respond to questions, if presented.

Thanks Dien.

Gordon


Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 26055)
I've put both Gordon's first audio and second audio on YouTube...

You can check 'em out here!

Gordon's first audio - Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnVLbIPYII

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTwXk_Xeow

Gordon's second audio - the Pictogrigm of Persuasion

As Gordon has said, the pictogrigm is here - http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/Persuasion.html

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RexzceQv4kQ

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsqYTGF245w

Can you listen to these okay when they're put on YouTube?

Best wishes,

Dien



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.