SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How bout $3,600 A DAY? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8956)

Don Alm August 15, 2014 04:12 PM

How bout $3,600 A DAY?

Just for the "halibut" (old-time lingo) I phoned a single mom I helped set up in a "Patient-Reminder" biz a few yrs ago.

This gal's hubby ran off and left her Stranded...with 2 youngsters and NO WAY to survive!

Well...fortunately she was a member of MY Church.....and, I heard about her condition. So.....I went over for a visit and yes.....our Church DID
have a collection of Money to give her However....HOW was she going to continue on with 2 kids to raise?

(Aside: Sure is nice to belong to a 2,000 Member Church!)

Ya.....there's the "welfare" thingee BUT.....this gal was not satisfied in "Relying on Da Gummit" for her existence (applause).....so, as I was
talking to her, I got an "impulse" that....."This gal is Looking for a way to make some Bux....HERSELF!...and NOT be dependent on
"Da Gummit" forever!

So.....I asked her if she'd be interested in a business that could pay her $100 or more a day...for making Phone Calls...from her home?

She jumped out of her chair and ran over and gave me a BIG HUG!

"Don!....you can show me how to do this?"

I responded with, "Not only can I SHOW you how to do this....I can get your first 4 clients....paying you $100 a Day!"

So....she yelled, "Let's GO For IT!"

So..... I made up a "Sales Presentation" and visited some Doctors and Dentists offices.....asking them, "Would you like to have an
"outsider" making Appointment REMINDERS FOR YOU....instead of someone on your staff?"

The response was "WHAT YOU GOT"! (Excuse me. This is MY way of reporting the responses for these "Highly Educated Humans")

So...when I told the Doc (who writes the checks) it will only cost $25/day to do their "Patient-Reminder" calls....the response was:
"Where do I sign up"?

So....because I was able to "Sign up 8 offices in ONE Day".....I was able to go back to my "New Biz" gal and tell her...."I don't have 4 offices
willing to pay YOU.....$25/day....I have EIGHT!

Holy Camoly! She LEAPED out of her chair and gave me a "Stupendous HUG"!

Thus.....this was a few yrs ago and.....guess what,.....she NOW has 6 Phone Girls bringing in "enough Moolah to provide her children with
a "COLLEGE EDUCATION"...(6 phone girls x 30 calls per girl = 180 calls/day x $30 per call = $5,400 A DAY?????

You kiddin' ME?

IT is out there....all ya gotta do is...find it and....go fer it!

Don Alm

Don Alm....."idea-guy"

Don Alm August 15, 2014 04:19 PM

Re: How bout $3,600 A DAY?

My goodness...what's happened to our country?

50 millyun on Food Stamps!

IMHO we've turned into a "Dependent" Nation and....by the time my grandkids grow up to try and start their families and SEEK TO HAVE A GOOD LIFE....in this that "used to be the Greatest Country in the world".....they'll have to rely on "Da Gummit"to exist!

Don Alm.....IN-dependent...long, time

sandalwood August 15, 2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 33931)

IMHO we've turned into a "Dependent" Nation and....by the time my grandkids grow up to try and start their families and SEEK TO HAVE A GOOD LIFE....in this that "used to be the Greatest Country in the world".....they'll have to rely on "Da Gummit"to exist!

Not exactly especially if they can speak Spanish and/or Chinese. Think about it before you call me names...

Robert J. August 15, 2014 10:58 PM

Hey, there's finally some life on this dormant board.

Great ideas ... lots of twists to keep the mind open to possibilities. Excellent!

ron lafuddy August 16, 2014 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Re: Foodstamps and all...

The world is changing, as it always does. We (all of us) are just passing through.

When I was young, I thought that you changed things through politics. That's what they taught us anyways.

Now that I'm older, I understand that change comes from individuals. From the common man.

One man/woman can make a difference.

Like this forum, your posts here reach out and touch people in ways you have no idea about. It's the ripple in the pool effect, folks. With the internet the "pool" is an ocean and the ripples may survive us all.

For you "hippies" who hang out here, let me just add..."Keep on Truckin'"

Randy August 23, 2014 05:17 PM

Re: How bout $3,600 A DAY? [Reposted from archive]

Don this is a great idea. I love how you were able to help this young lady help herself. A hand up instead of a hand out if you will.

The church I go to has been bringing ladies from a rehabilitation home who were either in abusive relationships or had drinking and drug problems to our church and they are just looking to get straightened out and get a new start in life. Many have become saved and when they get out of that facility they continue to come to church. Part of the deal is that they have to find work and this place helps them find work as well as a home to live in when they get out.

This idea you shared here may just be the thing that can help some of these ladies. I know one in particular who has been out for 4 months now and doing good, still coming to church but barely making it as a waitress. I'd like to share this idea with her.

Thanks for being as you always have been ... very generous with creative and workable ideas and biz plans.

Randy

ron lafuddy August 24, 2014 07:12 AM

Re: Randy, here's another idea... [Reposted from archive]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy (Post 34301)
Don this is a great idea. I love how you were able to help this young lady help herself. A hand up instead of a hand out if you will.

The church I go to has been bringing ladies from a rehabilitation home who were either in abusive relationships or had drinking and drug problems to our church and they are just looking to get straightened out and get a new start in life. Many have become saved and when they get out of that facility they continue to come to church. Part of the deal is that they have to find work and this place helps them find work as well as a home to live in when they get out.

This idea you shared here may just be the thing that can help some of these ladies. I know one in particular who has been out for 4 months now and doing good, still coming to church but barely making it as a waitress. I'd like to share this idea with her.

Thanks for being as you always have been ... very generous with creative and workable ideas and biz plans.

Randy

Another area that may be helpful for these women trying to get their life turned around is cleaning. It may seem like the market is saturated with cleaning businesses, but it isn't.

From my research, there are jobs everywhere going begging.

With some smart marketing, you can get the ball rolling pretty fast. Even simple flyers work. What's important is to s-l-o-w down and talk to folks as you're passing out cards or flyers. These conversations uncover interest (and contact info, so that you can follow up with them) but also other people that the prospect knows who may have a need or interest in the service.

Everybody knows somebody else who may be interested. You just have to ask them about it. Very few do and that's a shame. It's possible to double the size of your customer base at virtually no cost, by allowing people to refer their friends relatives and associates.

It's a "people business".

Don't know if you feel called to it, Randy but there may be an opportunity through your church, for you to start something like this and get it rolling. Especially with your marketing skills.

The need is definitely there.

Ron

Randy August 24, 2014 01:05 PM

Re: How bout $3,600 A DAY? [Reposted from archive]

Very interesting Ron! I appreciate you sharing this.

A few years back I had talked with the pastor about doing things in the community to help people who had lost work and was in need of learning new skills. We have mechanics, carpenters, and others I asked if they would be willing to give of their time to teach those wanting to learn.

As for practical place to learn why not at our church and they could learn by having senior carpenters oversee students who would actually be building additional rooms and buildings as they learned. Personally I thought it was a great idea. Then the pastor left and other changes caused a misdirect in focus. You just reminded me of this and I don't think it was a coincidence.

Thanks again Ron for sharing your thoughts my friend.

Randy

ron lafuddy August 24, 2014 03:00 PM

Re:Randy, quick follow-up [Reposted from archive]

Randy, you are on to something here. I think you know it, too.
What's needed is the person with the vision. The one who can
see the moving parts and how they go together.

Just takes one person who says, "yeah, we're gonna do this thing".
Once the train gets moving, it's easier to get others to climb on
and volunteer their time, skills and knowledge.

Start small and build on it. The help will be there - where and
when you need it.

This could change a lot of people's lives for the better. Not just
temporarily but permanently.

I've got more ideas on the subject. I haven't been able to "shut off
the motor" since I posted earlier.

If you want to explore it some, you can kick it open for discussion. Your call.

Ron

SteveSki August 24, 2014 04:04 PM

Re: How bout $3,600 A DAY? - “Grant Them Welfare Or They’ll become Terrorists” [Rep.]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 33931)

Don, it's great to see you back posting here again... Been missing you ever since that stupid Warrior ban... but their lost is a SOWPUB gain!

Thanks for giving so much value over the years... your ideas have helped many of us to not depend on the government.

There are actually 109,000,000+ American's who live in a household that receives some sort of government handout....

“Grant Them Welfare Or They’ll become Terrorists” Give them bread and circuses to keep them pacified or they may revolt against the mega rich and the elite politicians. Shrewd politicians are already saying “Grant Illegal’s Amnesty or They’ll become Terrorists”. Our present form of Government enslaves more and more people everyday which is causing more people to become Illuminated.

Cheers,
Steve