SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I really need 10 people to help with my course update. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3671)

ImpactYourArea.com January 29, 2007 01:17 PM

I really need 10 people to help with my course update.

Greetings Group,

I am in the process of updating my home study course. Since I wrote that course many of you here have emailed me or called and asked a ton of questions and I was glad I could answer some questions and solve some of your problems.

Well now I'm really in need of 10 people, who have not read my course yet, to help me with my update. What it will require is that you get my program, read through it and email me with feedback and how you would update this information.

Everyone who participates in this will be mentioned in the updated course along with a brief bio and a link to your website. As an added bonus I will send you the updated course once it is complete.

Now I realize that once you get my course, nothing would prevent you from following the directions and doing it yourself. So to protect my creative works I will require that you purchase the program, and to help you get the program cheaply I'm going to knock 75% off and it will be emailed to you as an attachment in pdf. format.

Just go to my site Mug Promo which is only a portal page and follow the instructions.

Remember I need your help so be the first 10 people, who have not read my course yet, to respond in the next 48 hours. I would greatly appreciate it.

Woody Quiñones
ImpactYourArea.com

Ravedesigns January 29, 2007 10:59 PM

Re: I really need 10 people to help with my course update.

Hey Woody,

I'm sorry man, cause I think you're a great guy and you contribute a lot of great things to this forum, but I think you're asking a bit much here. I'd be more than happy to look over your course and give it an honest, thorough review because I like to help good folks like yourself, but I'm just not going to pay $50 for a course I'm not the least bit interested in so I can review it.

I can understand your wanting to protect your material, but can't see too many people jumping at the chance to pay to review it for you, unless you come across some people here that really, really want it and think $50 is a steal.

In any event, I'd be happy to review this for you if you'd take me at my word that I won't use the information in any way, shape or form, but if not I wish you the best in your search for reviewers.

Cheers,

Steve

ImpactYourArea.com January 30, 2007 12:55 AM

Thank you Steve for your comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravedesigns (Post 13773)
I'm sorry man, cause I think you're a great guy and you contribute a lot of great things to this forum, but I think you're asking a bit much here. I'd be more than happy to look over your course and give it an honest, thorough review because I like to help good folks like yourself, but I'm just not going to pay $50 for a course I'm not the least bit interested in so I can review it.

What I've asked is not out of the ordinary. There are quite a few publications out there, that do the same. I remember back many years ago having to pay to be a beta tester for some software programs.

The reviewer purchases the material, goes over it, provides constructive feedback, has their name and website mentioned in the finish product, and gets to keep a copy and usually receives a free copy of the lastest update.

I've done it several times. Once for Sean de Souza of Psychotatics. I, along with a few others are mentioned in the Brain Audit Second Edition. Another time was for Pete Egler at his hotsheetgold.com website. I'm the first testimonial you come across and the last one I purchased was Gordon's Chattling Course back in 2006.

So what I'm requesting is very ordinary and common.

Quote:

I can understand your wanting to protect your material, but can't see too many people jumping at the chance to pay to review it for you, unless you come across some people here that really, really want it and think $50 is a steal.

I can understand where you are coming from. But there is a host of people that come here looking to learn how to do something on the side. This is their chance to pick up a copy at a very reduced rate and help in the updated version.

Many people like to have their name and website mentioned in other people's books and articles. It gives them instant credibility and allows them to show others that they have been quoted as saying and that it is in print form.

Quote:

In any event, I'd be happy to review this for you if you'd take me at my word that I won't use the information in any way, shape or form, but if not I wish you the best in your search for reviewers.

As The Donald would say, "No thanks. It's nothing personal, it's just business."

Woody Quiñones
ImpactYourArea.com

Joel January 30, 2007 12:16 PM

What is the course about?

ImpactYourArea.com January 30, 2007 12:31 PM

Greetings Joel,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 13784)
What is the course about?

Go to my website to view the sales page: "My Little White Mug"© Home Study Course.

But do not pay the retail price as listed.

To get the reduced price go to my portal page: Mug Promo This course will be emailed to you.

Thanks for asking
Woody Quiñones
ImpactYourArea.com

Saleem January 30, 2007 12:46 PM

I'm sorry but this does not make sense at all.

You want me to pay to do a review for you?

ImpactYourArea.com January 30, 2007 12:56 PM

Greetings Saleem,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saleem (Post 13786)
I'm sorry but this does not make sense at all.

You want me to pay to do a review for you?

Only if you want to help with the update, receive a free copy of the updated edition, have your name, website, a brief bio of yourself and business and any contact information mentioned in the finished product. Refer to my post to Ravedesigns.

I've already sent out a few copies.

Thanks for inquiring
Woody Quiñones
ImpactYourArea.com

James Anthony January 30, 2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactYourArea.com (Post 13790)
Greetings Saleem,

Only if you want to help with the update, receive a free copy of the updated edition, have your name, website, a brief bio of yourself and business and any contact information mentioned in the finished product. Refer to my post to Ravedesigns.

I've already sent out a few copies.

Thanks for inquiring
Woody Quiñones
ImpactYourArea.com

James Anthony January 30, 2007 02:01 PM

Woody,

I'd be happy to take a look at your book and give you my input and give a review if I thought it was good, but I have no desire to do this business myself or to have a link to any website anywhere.

If you'd like to send me a copy, I'll gladly offer up any advice I could.

Jim

ImpactYourArea.com January 30, 2007 04:41 PM

Greetings James,
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Anthony (Post 13793)
Woody,

I'd be happy to take a look at your book and give you my input and give a review if I thought it was good, but I have no desire to do this business myself or to have a link to any website anywhere.

If you'd like to send me a copy, I'll gladly offer up any advice I could.

Jim

Thank you for your comments. But as I mentioned above, there is no free giveaway of a published work, this is not negotiable.

Woody Quiñones
ImpactYourArea.com