SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our prayers and wishes for those in India. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5928)

Sandi Bowman November 26, 2008 08:04 PM

Our prayers and wishes for those in India.

To all those in harms way, may God bless you and yours and keep you safe. May the terrorists reap what they sow.

Sandi Bowman

Cornell November 26, 2008 11:12 PM

eegads!

I can be quite opinionated, and as I lurk here often, many times I have composed responses and then bite my tongue and instead deleted them....but this one is going to bring a response.....if it is deleted, so be it.....in fact I rather expect it to be!

I whole heartedly am in agreement with the wish for those in harms way, but the second sentence....holy cow patty....

Wishing the terrorists to reap what they sow is almost an endorsement for success on their part.....that's exactly what they want - the end they seek....destroy the infidels and achieve martyrdom.

In Western society we have laws with harsh punishments designed to hopefully deter actions such as the terrorist's....it keeps most of the population in check.....but you can't even threaten a terrorist with the ultimate punishment (death penalty) as a deterrent because that is their ultimate goal....there is only one punishment that could deter them, and I can't publish it here or the "dufunkus" would hit the fan.

C.

Sandi Bowman November 27, 2008 12:08 AM

Re: Our prayers and wishes for those in India.

Cornell, I see that my second sentence was totally misunderstood. They sow terror and pain and lifetimes of regrets and agony and THAT is what I wished them...not their 'eternal reward as they see it' ie: martyrdom.

Sandi Bowman

MichaelRoss November 27, 2008 05:10 AM

Re: eegads!

Cornell,

Thanks.

I've got a good punishment. And I don't give two hoots about any PC stuff hitting the fan.

My punishment...

Soak ALL bullets in pig fat. Then go Terrorist Hunting.

Michael Ross

SteveSki November 27, 2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelRoss (Post 23220)
Cornell,

Thanks.

I've got a good punishment. And I don't give two hoots about any PC stuff hitting the fan.

My punishment...

Michael Ross

Hi Michael, I ditto that. But then the so call war on terror would no longer be necessary.

So the killing will go on and on all simply because we are afraid to do the one thing that would really terrify the terrorists.

The USA would rather go bankrupt and kill off half the civilian population than actually solve the problem with a little pig grease.

America has a new face now but I don't think Obama or Bush will dare wrestle with pigs.

So things will pretty much stay the same or grow worse unless we all wake up to what is really going on.

Steve

MichaelRoss November 27, 2008 03:00 PM

Yep Steve,

The Whole W.O.T is a crock.

Terror is a Feeling. How can you have a war on a feeling?

War on Sadness
War on Happiness

And the other... War on Terrorism... is also senseless. Because Terrorism is an Action. Like saying you're going to have a war on running or jumping. Or militarily, a war on mortar attacks, a war on firing guns. It's dumb.

So obviously, it should be War On Terrorists. BUT, it won't be because you can clearly define a Terrorist and when you do... Look at the Dept of Defense definition...

"the unlawful use of -- or threatened use of -- force or violence against individuals or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives."

To me the Key part of this is "unlawful". Because if you take that away you are left with...

The use of -- or threatened use of -- force or violence against individuals or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives.

Which looks a bucket load like what the US is doing in Iraq and Afghanistan. So to avoid being called terrorists themselves, throw in the word Unlawful and you're covered. Of course, Unlawful in Whose eyes is a different matter.

And get this...

A few months back the Aussie Soldiers, in Afghanistan I think it was, were requesting a change to their Rules of Engagement. They wanted to be able to shoot first instead of having to wait until being fired upon!!!

What dumbass thought it would be a good idea to send a soldier into a war zone and them order them Not to fire and to only fire After they'd been fired upon?

===

Sir, look, a guy carrying six machine guns and a few RPGs going into that house. The same house were a dozen other guys carrying as many weapons and boxes of ammo went into. And they can over see our position. Permission to take them out.

No, sonny. We don't fire until we are fired upon.

Next day...

What happened here?

Well General, that house over there launched a relentless RPG attack with non stop machine gun fire at 2am in the morning. And destroyed our position and killed all the men.

General: Alright, which one of these idiots (dead bodies) fired at the freedom fighters... achem... I mean terrorists... and made them return fire. Don't they know we are here to give them civilization and democracy?

Sir, message coming in from Lieutenant Ripley, last remaining survivor of the Nostromo and one of a handful from the Sulaco. It says... "I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit with pig fat. It's the only way to be sure."

General: WHAT THE HECK... FLAMING WOMAN... IF SHE....

There's more sir... "And whomever said you should be going to war with the idea you shoot second is a dumbass. Commander Ellen Ripley signing off"

===

In the words of Darth Sidius... Now we shall have peace.

Oh, speaking of me old mate DS, he's being trying to find work. Look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeB6VhbbY_g (4.37 funny)

Nah, Darth Obama won't wrestle with pigs.

BUT, if his Birth Certificate thing isn't resolved...

Michael Ross

Cornell November 27, 2008 03:16 PM

Sandi - thanks for clarification DNO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi Bowman (Post 23217)
Cornell, I see that my second sentence was totally misunderstood. They sow terror and pain and lifetimes of regrets and agony and THAT is what I wished them...not their 'eternal reward as they see it' ie: martyrdom.

Sandi Bowman

Cornell November 27, 2008 03:41 PM

Just trying to protect forum - don't want repeat

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelRoss (Post 23220)
Cornell,

Thanks.

My punishment...

Michael Ross

Hi Michael:

Was just trying to protect the forum seeing as how the search engines pick up the content here.

A few years back I managed to get B.Myers forum on the national news here at 6 and 11...not to mention the calls to me from the government agencies.

Suppose it wasn't all that bad for Bill...he got some pretty decent press coverage for free :o)

But I didn't think the forum needed to see the limelight of news coverage on this topic and perhaps be the target of extremist hacking or worse.

Just an example of how crazy the governments are...

I was friendly with 4 partners in a local business who were of the Islamic faith...over the course of a few months I learned of their travels in the country and with their current comings and goings at that time I became suspicious of their activities. The one had a computer with problems and asked if I could fix it, and if not I could just heave it in the garbage....well it wasn't worth fixing and before he turned it over to me he deleted everything but the programs off the drives. That I found very suspicious, so being curious I was able to recover some of the deleted files.

I called the Feds, provided sparse details but told them I had the drives and was told we had provincial task forces that dealt with these mattters...I was referred to the task force, and guess who and what faith the person was I had to report this too...being a single parent with two kids still to raise... and not wanting to be the recipient just yet of a stray snipers bullet, needless to say I did not carry through on reporting it.

Cornell

youbetcha1018 November 28, 2008 11:39 AM

Re: Our prayers and wishes for those in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi Bowman (Post 23215)
To all those in harms way, may God bless you and yours and keep you safe. May the terrorists reap what they sow.

Sandi Bowman

Prayers for those civilians/innocents who were harmed, injured and perished due to the Mumbai terrorists attack. May the terrorists be punished with eternal death.

MichaelRoss November 30, 2008 04:44 AM

My Conspiracy Theory

Cornell,

Fair enough.

I've got a good conspiracy theory about the attacks...

They were orchestrated by Pakistan Underworld to win a bet placed on the non starting of the cricket, or some such. Pakistan is riddled with crime lords and war lords. And any semblance of a democratic parliament as we know them is a sham. For the sake of appearances.

As they have such little regard for life on either side, a few Conned people to be the shooting useful idiots is quite feasible.

To quote the book of counted sorrows...

In real life as in dreams
nothing is quite as it seems

Michael Ross