SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The "Fatigue-Fighting" Powers of... Garlic! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4589)

Unregistered December 16, 2007 09:45 PM

The "Fatigue-Fighting" Powers of... Garlic!

[Posted by Dien Rice:]

Like most people, I sometimes suffer from fatigue... I get tired! Even though I want to keep going, doing whatever it is I'm doing!

Anyway, I just read this article - which mentions research that shows the power of garlic to fight fatigue!

Here are the relevant paragraphs...

Quote:

Human studies show that garlic produces improvement in people who are physically fatigued. [Molecular Nutrition Food Research 2007 Nov; 51(11):1329–34] An animal study in Japan shows that aged garlic extract minimizes the impairments associated with physical fatigue by promoting oxygen supply via dilation of blood vessels, reduction of oxidation and control of sugar metabolism. [Biol Pharm Bulletin 2006 May; 29(5):962–6]

The Roman army (~100 BC) planted garlic in every land they conquered and marched into battle chewing cloves. It has popularly been thought that garlic was employed by the Roman soldiers because it inhibited waterborne parasitic infections that plague marching armies, or served as an antibiotic for battle wounds. But now we realize a different benefit may have been realized – greater endurance to fight an enemy in battle.
There's also the suggestion that garlic might help extend your lifespan too...

You can read the article here...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi78.html

Okay - I'm out to get me some garlic! :)

(And as an added bonus, I hear it gets rid of vampires too!) ;)

Cheers,

Dien

P.S. I also just found another link, which suggests garlic may help with diabetes, and strengthening your immune system...
http://www.angelfire.com/me/debear/diabetes.html
Hmm... interesting stuff... Just thought I'd share... :)

[This post was restored from an archived backup - DR]

Unregistered December 16, 2007 09:48 PM

Re: The "Fatigue-Fighting" Powers of... Garlic!

[Posted by Bill:]

Dien:

You might find this interesting...

"Warming to a Cold War Herb - Soviet secret finds its way west"

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20070922/bob8.asp

Regular exercise also goes a long way towards reducing fatigue.

Bill

Quote:

Like most people, I sometimes suffer from fatigue... I get tired! Even though I want to keep going, doing whatever it is I'm doing!

Anyway, I just read this article - which mentions research that shows the power of garlic to fight fatigue!

Here are the relevant paragraphs...

There's also the suggestion that garlic might help extend your lifespan too...

You can read the article here...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi78.html

Okay - I'm out to get me some garlic! :)

Cheers,

Dien

P.S. I also just found another link, which suggests garlic may help with diabetes, and strengthening your immune system...
http://www.angelfire.com/me/debear/diabetes.html
Hmm... interesting stuff... Just thought I'd share... :)

Unregistered December 17, 2007 03:08 AM

[Posted by MichaelRoss:]

Dien,

Thanks for mentioning Wonderful Garlic.

Good immune Booster. All kinds of good stuff about it.

With fatigue, an Easier way to be less fatigued is not to try to have a Magic CureAll. It is to Not do things that fatigue your body. So Do this instead...

Cut down (cut out) your added Salt intake.
Greatly reduce your Meat intake (none would be best)
Stop eating high carb foods like - bread, cakes, pasta, chocolate, etc.
Drink Lots of water. I don't care how much you Think you drink, you won't be drinking nearly enough, guaranteed.

How this stops fatigue...

Fatigue is muscle weakness. Muscles become weak due to lack of fuel and lack of water. High carb foods create insulin spikes which remove fuel from the blood (also creates drowsiness). Salt creates a need to be diluted and water can be removed from cells to help accomplish this. This forces the cells work under a dehydration state. Meat puts a lot of stress on the digestive system and requires a Lot of water to be Processed. No (reduced) meat and salt reduce the dehydrating effects on your body.

So the above stops the dehydrating effects, allows more fuel to remain in the system for use, plus aids in putting water Back.

The thing you cannot function without is Water. If you don't have food for a while, your body will burn off fat so don't worry about fuel intake. Your body will handle that frmo reserves. But water is paramount. Salt and meat requires way more water than you;ll be drinking. So cut them out (or at least way way down). And drink more. Your fatigue will go.

In fact, try this... for one week, have no meat or salt and drink at least three liters of water a day (two 1.5 liter bottles of water) - more would be better but this is a place to start. See how you feel at the end of a week.

First day or so will be harder as the normal cravings kick in. If you feel a craving, drink a glass of water instead. If you cut out coffee know that you will get caffeine headaches from withdrawal - deal with it.

Remove the bread/cake/flour-based products as well, and you'll be rock'n.

Michael Ross

bobmcalister December 17, 2007 05:13 PM

gotta be Kyolic ....other wise you dont get the FULL benefit

thanks

Stephan Iscoe December 17, 2007 09:46 PM

URGENT! Correction

Dien;
I hope I'm not too late -
garlic might protect you from werewolves.

A stake through the heart is the only thing that will
protect you from a vampire.

Good Luck!
Stephan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18005)
[Posted by Dien Rice:]

SteveSki December 18, 2007 08:05 AM

Garlic, Life Extension, Marketing, Kakadu Juice & The Water Cure!

Hi Dien, I agree with Michael Ross. Back in my home town in the States I got to know Bob Butts who became a multi millionaire from building a chain of auto parts stores. Bob is famous in my home town for his “Free Water Cure Ads” that challenge the medical community and offers $50,000 if the water cure fails to increase energy and cure asthma. Check the Tony Robbins interview out on Bob’s website: www.WaterCure2.com I have several friends back in Northeast Pennsylvania who swear by the water cure. You can find their testimonials at the above site.

Another thing I have found really helps to increase energy is to practice deep breathing exercises like Yoga and Chi Quong.

Bill’s post pointed to the herb Rhodiola rosea. Just a few weeks ago in a newspaper I read how Scientists are rushing to study hundreds of recently discovered sea sponges from the Great Barrier Reef because they believe that some of these sponges contain future miracle drugs and many believe that soon there won't be much left to the reef due to pollution and possible global warming.

But you may find even better fatigue fighters and life extenders right in your own backyard. Check these links out and the 4 minute podcast by the Australian government’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) as right here in Australia we have the world's most nutritious plant foods like: Kakadu Plum which holds the World Record for Vitamin C content, Tasmanian Pepper Berry The World's Strongest Antioxidant food and a polygodial-rich food plant traditionally used as a bush medicine by indigenous Aboriginals of Australia. illawarra plum A very close rival to the pepper berry for the title of strongest antioxidant.

I recently found an all natural product made here in Australia from the above Bush Plants together with other nutrient dense native bush foods and other super plants from around the world. I’m not going to make any health claims about the product because each ingredient has been researched by government scientists and it’s easy enough to google them.

The product is called Kakadu Juice and it contains 100 times more Resveratrol than cabernet sauvignon.

What that means is that with every 30ml of Kakadu Juice you drink an equivalent to 3 litres of cabernet sauvignon.

For those who don’t know, Resveratrol gained a lot of interest in recent years as a substance which is claimed to produce the so called French paradox. It is a well known and documented fact that French people suffer much less of coronary disease then any other nation in the world. This term was produced in beginning of 1990’s to describe this phenomenon. Since that time more research has confirmed that Resveratrol has produce many amazing results. Having very strong antioxidant and cell protective properties Resveratrol was able to prolong longevity up to 20% in some animals. When given to obese mice it was found to have a host of health effects, including increased life span and protection from diseases of aging such as atherosclerosis, and reduced body fat.

Lawrence who you know just passed away, told me he would often start his day off with a bowl of oatmeal and berries for the antioxidants and cholesterol lowering benefit of steel cut oats so because of my cholesterol levels I decided to eat the same breakfast. But it’s not as easy to find fresh blueberries here in OZ as it is in the USA so I resorted to using frozen berries and fresh organic when available. I googled on the antioxidant levels of other plants and stumbled onto Kakadu Juice.

That was in October the day before my wife and I went off on a 10 day holiday in Tasmania. While in Tasmania I found a half dozen food products made with Tasmania Pepper Berries and a distillery in Hobart makes a Whiskey from it. I brought back samples of everything except for the Whiskey product and purchased a dozen packs of seeds. But Queensland is too warm a climate for the Tasmanian Pepper plant to grow (it does grow in Southern NSW) so I decided to order some Kakadu Juice.

Found out that the company decided to use a Network Marketing business model and at present has about 800 distributors. The bottle arrived and the juice tastes really great so I called the company up and offered to get them some free publicity. See the front cover of the February 2008 Issue of “Australian Money Making Opportunities” magazine when it hits the newsstands the first week of February. Got the front page, a 40 word ad, plus 3 articles in that issue for free because of being a regular article contributor the last couple of years.

I just put up a Squidoo lens on Kakadu Juice at: http://www.squidoo.com/kakadu-Juice and a blogger page at: http://kakadu-juice.blogspot.com and I’m looking for someone to help record a10 – 15 minute overview of the product, company and opportunity. Maybe Pete or Millard would be interested. Both have good voices and speaking experience.

At this time there are no links back to my Kakadu sales site from the above links. Will most likely wait until the end of January before doing so. If you want to strip out my links I hope you will leave the rest of this post stand. I feel that people should know what science is discovering about Australian Bush Foods!

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski

layla17 December 18, 2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobmcalister (Post 18030)
gotta be Kyolic ....other wise you dont get the FULL benefit

thanks

What is Kyolic? I've heard of the uses of garlic for medicinal purposes, but I didn't realize it could be used to fight fatigue. Thanks for all of the great information.

Dien Rice December 18, 2007 04:53 PM

I changed my vampire-hunting plans... Thanks to your post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Iscoe (Post 18031)
Dien;
I hope I'm not too late -
garlic might protect you from werewolves.

A stake through the heart is the only thing that will
protect you from a vampire.

Good Luck!
Stephan

Whew! Thanks Stephan!

I was about to go vampire-hunting last night, wearing my special custom-made "garlic suit" to keep me safe... With a ready stash of garlic cloves at my side so I could chomp on them as I went a-hunting...

Then I read your post!

At the last minute, I changed my plans to go werewolf-hunting - with much success!

I found just breathing on a werewolf (with my garlic breath) was enough to knock it cold... It also seems to work on bores at parties too! (Unfortunately, it works on everyone at parties... Hmmm... Must rethink that strategy... No wonder people didn't want to talk to me for too long at the last Christmas party I went to... Hmmm...)

Cheers :)

Dien