SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Easiest, Fastest Way To Membership Profits (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8294)

Skip Rosell September 15, 2012 04:17 PM

The Easiest, Fastest Way To Membership Profits

Hi my friends,

RE: Non-Blind Copy

I am in the process of writing a new report. I could use some eyeballs on the draft at: http://skiprosell.com/member/

and let me know what you think. I am running a number of these memberships right now and it is working out great. In fact I have had one of the memberships in my signature for a while here on SowPub.

I could use some suggestions for the title, and any comments on the draft salesletter at the above link.

I have tried to give as much in the salesletter as I can so it is not blind copy. I tried the non-blind copy on one of my other reports (A-Frame Signs) and it worked great. No loss of sales because I gave so much away in the salesletter.

Any help you give me I will try to return in a great deal on the full report when done. The full report will have a PDF and videos showing exactly how I set this up on one niche. "case study niche"

Thanking you in advance for any comments.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

GordonJ September 15, 2012 04:46 PM

Skip, it is fine, just make it a little bit easier to read.

My advice for what it is worth is

Break the copy up. I'd be inclined to put the Money up front, something like How to Make $500.00 a Month Extra Income in Less than Four Hours.

Yes, you can make 125 dollars an hour by offering a membership site.

But, there is nothing wrong with what you have, I might suggest using the TWO steps, breaking it up a little bit with bullet points, and maybe use two columns in a frame for the example of searches.

Otherwise, it is fine. You could easily make sales the way it is, depends on who you are going to offer it to.

Heck, I might even start a couple of these membership sites, you make it sound so simple...IF only I knew anything about anything...dang it.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Rosell (Post 31884)
Hi my friends,

I am in the process of writing a new report. I could use some eyeballs on the draft at: http://skiprosell.com/member/

and let me know what you think. I am running a number of these memberships right now and it is working out great. In fact I have had one of the memberships in my signature for a while here on SowPub.

I could use some suggestions for the title, and any comments on the draft salesletter at the above link.

I have tried to give as much in the salesletter as I can so it is not blind copy. I tried the non-blind copy on one of my other reports (A-Frame Signs) and it worked great. No loss of sales because I gave so much away in the salesletter.

Any help you give me I will try to return in a great deal on the full report when done. The full report will have a PDF and videos showing exactly how I set this up on one niche. "case study niche"

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Skip Rosell September 15, 2012 04:57 PM

Re: Skip, it is fine, just make it a little bit easier to read.

Gordon, thank you so much for your comments.

I have not done any formatting per se on the sales letter yet. I will use your suggestions to make it easy to read.

When I have the full report done I will send you a copy so you can jump on board. It is as easy and simple as I say. In fact when you start doing this in a niche that is of interest to you it is also fun. You will be targeting websites that you enjoy and it is fun to just surf on a subject you like.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 31885)
My advice for what it is worth is

Break the copy up. I'd be inclined to put the Money up front, something like How to Make $500.00 a Month Extra Income in Less than Four Hours.

Yes, you can make 125 dollars an hour by offering a membership site.

But, there is nothing wrong with what you have, I might suggest using the TWO steps, breaking it up a little bit with bullet points, and maybe use two columns in a frame for the example of searches.

Otherwise, it is fine. You could easily make sales the way it is, depends on who you are going to offer it to.

Heck, I might even start a couple of these membership sites, you make it sound so simple...IF only I knew anything about anything...dang it.

Gordon

sandalwood September 15, 2012 06:08 PM

Re: The Easiest, Fastest Way To Membership Profits

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Rosell (Post 31884)
Hi my friends,

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Skip,

I looked at your sales letter. Here are my suggestions. First, your headline:

I think

The Easiest Way To Membership Site Profits

tells the audience they will make money setting up membership sites where your headline leaves them to believe they will make money by being a member in a site. Picky but it is a distinction I think important.

Second, your subtitle:

How To Set Up Your Own Money Producing Membership
In One Hour Or Less!

also leaves out the word Site. I ain't being a horse's ass but most people have been trained to realize being a member is membership. Hence, they may think they have to join YOUR membership site.

Third, fourth para under step two says:

You will make it fun and easy for them to get what they want and they will pay you for it

Leave off the words "for it". The "for it" is inherent in your sentence.

Fourth, this question:

NOW, how are we going to make money with this knowledge?

Delete the word now. It makes your question passive in an otherwise active atmosphere. Start with How are we...

Can you see the difference? It is in tone with the words above and below.

Fifth, this phrase:

I Practice it!!!

Seriously three exclamation points. All caps is BETTER, wouldn't you agree?

After all, you want to emphasize that you actually do it.

OK, that was my cursory reading. I'm off to dinner with the wife so I'll take a closer look when I return. I will also either email or PM you with any suggestions I have. If you contact me, please use my email address. The Pm thing drives me nuts.

All the best,

Tom

Skip Rosell September 15, 2012 09:24 PM

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have put all your suggestions into the sales page as well as Gordon's.

Also it was great talking to you tonight.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 31887)
Skip,

I looked at your sales letter. Here are my suggestions. First, your headline:

I think

The Easiest Way To Membership Site Profits

tells the audience they will make money setting up membership sites where your headline leaves them to believe they will make money by being a member in a site. Picky but it is a distinction I think important.

Second, your subtitle:

How To Set Up Your Own Money Producing Membership
In One Hour Or Less!

also leaves out the word Site. I ain't being a horse's ass but most people have been trained to realize being a member is membership. Hence, they may think they have to join YOUR membership site.

Third, fourth para under step two says:

You will make it fun and easy for them to get what they want and they will pay you for it

Leave off the words "for it". The "for it" is inherent in your sentence.

Fourth, this question:

NOW, how are we going to make money with this knowledge?

Delete the word now. It makes your question passive in an otherwise active atmosphere. Start with How are we...

Can you see the difference? It is in tone with the words above and below.

Fifth, this phrase:

I Practice it!!!

Seriously three exclamation points. All caps is BETTER, wouldn't you agree?

After all, you want to emphasize that you actually do it.

OK, that was my cursory reading. I'm off to dinner with the wife so I'll take a closer look when I return. I will also either email or PM you with any suggestions I have. If you contact me, please use my email address. The Pm thing drives me nuts.

All the best,

Tom

Robert J. September 15, 2012 10:21 PM

Skip,

A couple thoughts from the peanut gallery ...

1) Profits, yes ... but they are "month after month after month" profits
I would see this major benefit in the headline, or at least the sub-head.

2) You mention "I found a way to make membership sites with no website."
Is this correct? Isn't your method based on having membership websites? Maybe I am missing something, and if so, I apologize!

3) "Most people don't know how to search the internet."
I would add "efficiently" search the internet. Almost everyone knows how to "use" google, but they don't know how to efficiently (and effectively) "get" to the information they are looking for.

I think I would add one word: "Most people done know how to efficiently search the internet."

Also, I think I would try to get the word "effectively" into the copy somewhere, too.

Frankly, I guess the damn sales copy is pretty good, because I'm ready to hit the freakin' "buy now" button already.

Robert J. September 15, 2012 10:34 PM

OK, Skip, I DID HIT the BUY NOW!

I found your email and just couldn't resist. Maybe it is Saturday night optimism, or I just can't get through your sales copy without buying ...

Hmmm ... I better be careful about opening your e-mails from now on. :)

Skip Rosell September 15, 2012 10:39 PM

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the feedback.

I like all your suggestions and will put them in.

Glad to hear you were ready to hit the button, that is the point
of any salesletter is to tell the story in such a way for them to take action.

But don't hit the disappearing button because i will send you a copy when it is ready.

Thanks again for your help.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert J. (Post 31891)
Skip,

A couple thoughts from the peanut gallery ...

1) Profits, yes ... but they are "month after month after month" profits
I would see this major benefit in the headline, or at least the sub-head.

2) You mention "I found a way to make membership sites with no website."
Is this correct? Isn't your method based on having membership websites? Maybe I am missing something, and if so, I apologize!

3) "Most people don't know how to search the internet."
I would add "efficiently" search the internet. Almost everyone knows how to "use" google, but they don't know how to efficiently (and effectively) "get" to the information they are looking for.

I think I would add one word: "Most people done know how to efficiently search the internet."

Also, I think I would try to get the word "effectively" into the copy somewhere, too.

Frankly, I guess the damn sales copy is pretty good, because I'm ready to hit the freakin' "buy now" button already.

Skip Rosell September 15, 2012 10:53 PM

Don't worry Robert I will take care of you.

Skip Rosell

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert J. (Post 31892)
OK, Skip, I DID HIT the BUY NOW!

I found your email and just couldn't resist. Maybe it is Saturday night optimism, or I just can't get through your sales copy without buying ...

Hmmm ... I better be careful about opening your e-mails from now on. :)

Cornell September 16, 2012 01:52 AM

Hi Skip:

Going to throw in my 2 cents worth...

The graphic at the top needs to be redone or at least cleaned up some.

All of the content from the headline down to the Step boxes is centered...I would rather see it left aligned except for the "How to Make $500.00" and "It is just two easy steps" which should be centered.

I don't know what you are using to create the page... but for the "No setting up membership scripts, No content writing, Any niche you choose, and No hassles just monthly CASH!" .....I would use the <blockquote> html tag along with bullet points or check marks for each of the 4 points.

Trust you will advise us here on the board when the product is ready for purchasing.

Cornell