SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Passwords Available for No College University for (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7999)

GordonJ March 10, 2012 12:19 PM

Passwords Available for No College University for

Department heads.

This weekend, we're filling in the blanks at www.nocollegeuniversity.org and getting our Department Heads set up. Great group so far.

Next week we'll be adding a lot of content and continue our housekeeping.

My NEW report on Chatteling, will be available by the time we open on April 15. One April 1, we'll take her out for a shakedown, getting some new eyeballs on it and taking requests for departments.

It is NEW. Imagine a year from now. Can you recall the past year?

Sure, there isn't much there right now, but the expertise is coming together and the content and traffic will build slowly. Tom knows and understands he can't take this thing out there and be overwhelmed.

He wants to make sure everything is working and people are getting maximum benefit from it.

So, don't let the skeleton appearance scare you, we'll be feeding it daily and it will fill out and I suspect, within the next year...become a HOT spot on the Internet for those wanting to learn from people who DO and not just talk about it.

Shoot me an email if you want to be a Department head (no cost) and we'll set you up with a password and help you get started.

Gordon

YoungGuns March 11, 2012 04:29 PM

Re: Passwords Available for No College University for

Your card processor is offline. I'm just assuming ya'll aren't set up yet for it.

GordonJ March 11, 2012 04:38 PM

Still setting things up...

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungGuns (Post 30238)
Your card processor is offline. I'm just assuming ya'll aren't set up yet for it.

This is correct.

Let me use a College metaphor.

We've built the building.
We've got some teachers.
The teachers are setting up their classrooms how they want them.
We're overcoming software glitches.
Department Managers are learning how to use the software.

And on April 15, we plan...we'll be accepting new students.

ONE more metaphor, just cause I like doing it.

We're a plane taking on fuel and going over the pre-flight checklist.

By the end of the month, we'll kick out chocks...rev it up and head down the runway.

Should be in the air by April 15 and at altitude a short time later.

Thanks for your interest in NCU, is there anything in particular you'd like to see there? We'll be adding teachers/instructors and people from the REAL world who actually do the things they teach.

Tom (the owner) is open to ideas and suggestions.

Gordon Alexander

PS. I'm a paid adviser. I know the software and this helped (hopefully) expedite the idea. Tom and Carson Koziol own the place, and they are the Dean and President.

I'm the manager of the Chatteling Department and will be contributing content to the members. My first content is a new course, on chatteling, on how to make 500 dollars a day. It will be FREE to the members. Putting the finishing touches on it now.

ONCE NCU is Open, my role will be that of the Department Head and I'll be one of many collaborators who will make this a special place online for those seeking ways to make money in a variety of ways.

YoungGuns March 13, 2012 04:02 PM

Re: Still setting things up...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 30239)

I'm the manager of the Chatteling Department and will be contributing content to the members. My first content is a new course, on chatteling, on how to make 500 dollars a day. It will be FREE to the members. Putting the finishing touches on it now.

This is what I'm really interested in. I had some minor success with your old report, but found the work to reward effort not good (mainly due to my area; also probably due to my lack of knowledge of music equipment, seeing as how I'm about 70 miles away from Nashville.)

How is this different? I'd be really interested in flipping higher priced items.

GordonJ March 14, 2012 12:13 AM

It takes more money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungGuns (Post 30240)
This is what I'm really interested in. I had some minor success with your old report, but found the work to reward effort not good (mainly due to my area; also probably due to my lack of knowledge of music equipment, seeing as how I'm about 70 miles away from Nashville.)

How is this different? I'd be really interested in flipping higher priced items.

Mentioned in all previous work. The big difference, is the risk FACTOR, most chattelers can't handle it.

One has to be willing to invest more money, actually LESS time and keep a close eye on market prices (mainly ebay and Amazon)...but the principle is the same...

Buy over here, sell over there.

Buy in Nashville, sell in Knoxville, Bowling Green, Columbia...whatever...it just has to have the 500 dollar plus profit built into it.

That's about as succinct an answer as i can give.

Gordon

YoungGuns April 18, 2012 04:16 PM

Well, it seems like nocollegeuniversity was a nogo. It's alright, I've been focusing on other stuff anyways.

Still would be curious about the new chatteling course, though.

sandalwood April 19, 2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungGuns (Post 30622)
Well, it seems like nocollegeuniversity was a nogo. It's alright, I've been focusing on other stuff anyways.

Still would be curious about the new chatteling course, though.

Incorrect kind sir. Nocollegeuniversity is still a BIG go. We had some tech problems that killed our timing. We finally found a mbrship program that will do what we want and not give us half the effing headaches membergate gave us.

Loading graphics and completing back office duties at this moment. We want it to be as smooth running for the staff as for the members. Unfortunately we didn't know half the stuff we learned as we were plodding through.

And, it is especially frustrating to have instructions that are half-assed. They tell you to do it one way and leave out a step that makes it run that way. When you talk w/them, they say, oh sorry here is how it really works. That tends to rub raw nerves even more raw.

I guess we could have spent weeks researching b4 we starting talking with people but that wouldn't have taught us the lessons we learned.

Anyway, if you are still interested let me or Gordon know. I'd apologize for the delays but I didn't cause them so I'm not apologizing. I'm relaying what happened.

Thank you,

Tom Koziol
co-founder of NCU