SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Relationship Advice Newsletter (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5144)

Jason September 17, 2003 03:55 PM

Relationship Advice Newsletter

I use to run a "Relationship Advice Website" but the questions started to degenerate to nothing. I've thought about reopening the site and make a little profit off of it in the process. Anyone have any ideas on how to draw large traffic? How to make a profit from this kinda site?

All helpful advice will be taken into consideration. If anyone has a product that would work hand-in-hand with my website then I might be willing to do a little business with them.

Jason

Relationship Advice Website

Jason September 17, 2003 03:57 PM

Re: Relationship Advice Newsletter

The last URL was broken. This is the real URL...Thank you!

Jason

> I use to run a "Relationship Advice
> Website" but the questions started to
> degenerate to nothing. I've thought about
> reopening the site and make a little profit
> off of it in the process. Anyone have any
> ideas on how to draw large traffic? How to
> make a profit from this kinda site?

> All helpful advice will be taken into
> consideration. If anyone has a product that
> would work hand-in-hand with my website then
> I might be willing to do a little business
> with them.

> Jason

The Real URL

Dien Rice September 18, 2003 11:58 AM

Prove your credibility

Hi Jason,

There are two essential things you need to do to succeed online. One thing is to bring in traffic, one way or another. The other thing is to be able to sell.

One part of selling is proving your credibility. When I had a quick look at your web site, it said that you can help people with their relationships. However, there's no "proof" there of your abilities.

You need to PROVE to a visitor that you know what you're talking about. Many people won't have the confidence to ask you anything unless you do this - even if you answered for free.

Have you helped many others? If so, perhaps they could give you some testimonials to use. Or perhaps you have a relevant degree or certificate you could mention? Even a few articles on your site, written by you, could help to enhance your credibility - as long as the articles show that you're an expert.

Given how personal relationship problems are, I know that if I was seeking advice I would want some assurance that the person I confided in really could help me. Your site as it is right now does not give enough information about your experience or your qualifications to instil that confidence.

There's a lot more you could do. I'm not sure how you were trying to make money before, what you were trying to sell, or how you were trying to get traffic.... Perhaps you could tell us some more details?

Also, your web site is hosted by geocities. I tend to associate geocities with "hobby" sites - not professional web sites. Perhaps others might think the same thing and not take it seriously....

- Dien