SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Initial HOTSHEET tests are not promising, but, test two is in the mail. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8262)

GordonJ August 24, 2012 09:13 AM

Initial HOTSHEET tests are not promising, but, test two is in the mail.

OF course, it could be the list...I'm looking for some good lists.

As of today, there will probably be 5 hotsheets sent out next month.

Deadline for ads or hotsheets is Aug. 31.

The first mass mailing will contain, GrannyJ's Recipe Club, GJA Money Making,
The Ohio Lotto Model hotsheet and Inside Internet Marketing.

So far I have full page promotions for 3 products services, one more would be nice to fill out the pages.

From small tests, the Lottery Hotsheet has rec'd responses, this may tell me the list I'm using is more interested in Making Money, possibly Get Rich Quick crowd who don't want to actually do anything.

Also, it is a little bit more WORK werk?!! than I really want to do, but, looking for ways to outsource.

Tempted just to write a blog on RV travel and nudist camps...maybe I can stay for free at some of them if I give them a good review...

This is an update, also, I've gotten a little feedback from those of you that have rec'd the samples... it would be helpful if you let me have your thoughts and opinions on them, OK?

Well, that's all for now.

Gordon

Dien Rice August 24, 2012 01:29 PM

Re: Initial HOTSHEET tests are not promising, but, test two is in the mail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 31675)
This is an update, also, I've gotten a little feedback from those of you that have rec'd the samples... it would be helpful if you let me have your thoughts and opinions on them, OK?

Hi Gordon,

I enjoyed the samples I received... Enjoyed GrannyC's "dumpster diving diva from Akron" hotsheet in particular!

I also like the "home made" feel of these. It gives you a little bit of the feeling of a "secret club"... that you're one of the few who are getting it. It's great...

Hope to get my own hotsheet together in the next few days...

Best wishes,

Dien

RgrPett August 26, 2012 07:23 PM

Re: Initial HOTSHEET tests are not promising, but, test two is in the mail.

Gordon,

I, too, enjoyed the samples.

For me the human touch and uniqueness of mom 'n pop and home made beats cold, high-gloss, Madison Avenue glitz every time.

It was an exciting day when my samples arrived. My wife was the first to go thru the mail that day. And I had some 'splaining to do when she came across a plain brown envelope, hand addressed to me from "Granny C HOTSHEET."

Question: do those who requested the sample package automatically receive the next mailing or do we need to subscribe?

Roger P

GordonJ August 27, 2012 11:34 AM

Thanks Roger, maybe I'll make it a white envelope...

That is my hope, they will be well rec'd because of their homemade simplicity and hopefully, TOPICAL news.

When I worked at SCI, Ben Suarez was known for quick testing an idea with only 100 or 200 quick send outs.

NOW it depends on the list, but, and here again, I don't want to fall in love with something which isn't going to work...but, with a little time, I think a list can be generated pretty quickly using a little "affiliate" type action, you know, refer a person, get a little reward type thing.

MY biggest concern is IF it works, the time between my personal mailing and the mass mailings, will I be able to do the logistics. GrannyC is having emergency back surgery and will be out of the picture, which is why I may have to be GrannyG...hey, I have domestic skills too.

So, like all projects one wants to scale up, one (me) has to be prepared for all the curve balls coming at my head.

And to answer your question, YES, anyone who has rec'd the samples WILL get the hotsheets Automatically.

So, it should go out some time next week.

or by the 15th of Sept at the latest, I'm staggering the mailing in groups of 200 every few days.

Gordon

PS. Deadline is fast approaching for ads, and there is still space for the FREE classifieds if anyone wants to run one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RgrPett (Post 31692)
Gordon,

I, too, enjoyed the samples.

For me the human touch and uniqueness of mom 'n pop and home made beats cold, high-gloss, Madison Avenue glitz every time.

It was an exciting day when my samples arrived. My wife was the first to go thru the mail that day. And I had some 'splaining to do when she came across a plain brown envelope, hand addressed to me from "Granny C HOTSHEET."

Question: do those who requested the sample package automatically receive the next mailing or do we need to subscribe?

Roger P