SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I am now a TWITTER...ATTN: Pete Egeler (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6189)

GordonJ February 4, 2009 11:17 AM

I am now a TWITTER...ATTN: Pete Egeler

Pete,

I just signed up for TWITTER and downloaded tweet deck (because Marlon Sanders told me too)...

If you think Paula A. is a complete dumb AZZ, think of me using twitter...I don't even know what it is or what I'm supposed to do.

But I am following Pete Egeler, not even sure how that happened.

Anyhow, I'm now atwitter because I'm on TWITTER.

If anys of yous is on TWITTER, then let me follow you until I find out how to do this thing.

It's sort of like a mini-blog in real time?????

My twitter name is gjabiz

gjabiz so I won't forget it...

OK, I'm offer to follow Pete and others...

Gordon Jay Alexander gjabiz

PS. I signed up because I thought it might help with the SeedZine that is about to be unleashed upon all of yous.

Sandi Bowman February 4, 2009 12:43 PM

Re: I am now a TWITTER...ATTN: Pete Egeler

That's just tooooo tweet, said the birdbrain to the sea shell. :D

I don't see what all the hoopla is about...it's just another means of communication wherein you have no privacy.

Sandi Bowman

MichaelRoss February 4, 2009 01:51 PM

Here's what the hoopla is about...

Sandi,

Thanks for your comments.

The Hoopla is... you can Follow quite a Many people without needing to go to multiple places.

It's where Ashton Kusher first Released his "Free Hugs" and "Throwing Water To Workers Next Door" - which then filtered into the press.

It's where I am able to keep track of the Goings On in regards to Australia's filtering of the internet.

It's where I can keep track of the move Against my govt to Borrow $200b in one fell swoop, taking us from a $21b surplus right into the red.

It's where I learned Actor Stephen Fry has recently been shooting in Islands just off the coast of NZ. And where I also found out he was stuck in a lift - and reporting on it in Real Time via his cell phone.

Where I first found out about Christian Bale's outburst, even though it happened Months ago.

I like to think of it as

News Wire by the people.

Let others know you just had a Coke Zero, or something of more importance like a new medical discovery.

John Carlton regularly writes.

Michael Ross

Dien Rice February 4, 2009 02:04 PM

Hi Gordon, thanks for sharing your Tweets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 23875)
I just signed up for TWITTER and downloaded tweet deck

It's sort of like a mini-blog in real time?????

My twitter name is gjabiz

gjabiz so I won't forget it...

OK, I'm offer to follow Pete and others...

Gordon Jay Alexander gjabiz

PS. I signed up because I thought it might help with the SeedZine that is about to be unleashed upon all of yous.

Hi Gordon!

Thanks for sharing your TWEETS on Twitter!

(Now I'm going to have to join too... Lest I lose my Twitter street-cred. What will my friends think? :) )

It's taken me a while to figure out what Twitter is all about. I guess it's a kind of short update on what's going on with you...

By the way, there's a generational "sea change" going on with a lot of this online stuff.

I had a conversation about this with a friend last year. I'm in my late 30s, and my friend (Ben) is in his late 20s.

Ben mentioned to me how the people just younger than him, were like a "Look at me!" generation...

They can share all kinds of aspects about their lives online. On places like Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, MySpace, on their own blogs, and so on... And they're used to doing so!

Whereas earlier generations are concerned more with privacy, the younger folks seem to have less concern about it, and are willing to share everything with their friends...

Some of these are more private than others (Facebook has some privacy settings you can tweak, for example). But it's an interesting change in "mind-set"...

Thanks Gordon, I'll be looking forward to your TWEETS!

Meanwhile, the SeedZine should be ready to go soon... Make sure you get it when it's out, go to http://www.seedzine.com !

Best wishes :)

Dien

GordonJ February 4, 2009 02:32 PM

Thanks Sandi, Michael and Dien

I joined because Marlon Sanders told me to.

Do I do everything MS says? Well, almost.

I'm not even sure what Twitter does, but it looks FUN. So I'll stay with it for awhile and see what good (or bad) comes from it.

Re: Marlon Sanders. He just released a new product yesterday, I was one of the first to get it, it is called Ockham's Razor Marketing (Hey Dien, didn't we think of that like a decade ago? ah, you lose, you snooze)...anyhow. I'm not sure if I'm an affiliate or not. I'll find out and if so, then I'll be sure to use my affiliate link.

But, it is a good product and gives a great Overview of Online Marketing.

About Marlon...in 1996 I was working for Ben Suarez in the "Special Projects" division and also writing for the NPGS UPDATE HOTLINE, an Entrepreneurial newsletter mailed to thousands a month.

Marlon Sanders was a subscriber and he sent in his story about how he read Ben's book, SuperBiz (the forerunner to 7 Steps to Freedom II, How to Escape the American Rat Race)...and in his latest release Marlon mentions that (along with the great Gary Halbert).

That issue of the NPGS UPDATE HOTLINE is one of my favorites and Marlon explains how he is "gang testing" on the "Internet" (the www was just coming into being). Gang testing is a way to test several products against each other to have the best chance of choosing a successful product. Ben and the boys still use that method.

Anyhow, Marlon Sanders was one of the first people to sell INFORMATION (other than computer geek stuff) online. I may have beat him by a year or two when I tested my famous (infamous) SPAM, How to Start a Cult for Fun and Profit)...in the user groups. I go back to 1985 with my online presence.

So, Marlon reported what was happening on the Internet, as it was. AND I made my decision to quit a very nice well paying job to focus on making my fortune online (screw the fame, show me the money).

Well, here it is 12 years later and Marlon Sanders has mastered the Internet and has released product after product. His AMAZING FORMULA is a must have, right along side Ben Suarez' 7 Steps to Freedom.

NOW, his Ockham's Razor Marketing will become a classic.

Anyhow, MS told me to tweet, so I tweeted.

It dovetails in with what Dien (pronounced Dean for you newbies) and I are going to do with the SeedZine and fits into our new 2009 goals and objectives.

Thanks for telling me a little bit more about Twitter. I know, I know...1999 has called and wants me to leave...I've been there long enough, eh?

gjabiz

PS. I shared a FLU cure with Dien Rice, that may be my next twitter, OK with you Dien? HA!

phenzbiz February 4, 2009 04:26 PM

Re: Thanks Sandi, Michael and Dien

I added you to my twitter people I'm following. I enjoy twitter-but I don't follow everyone who follows me, maybe I should. I really came here to check out if anyone had an opinion on occam's razor marketing system.

GordonJ February 4, 2009 05:38 PM

My opinion is to buy it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenzbiz (Post 23886)
I added you to my twitter people I'm following. I enjoy twitter-but I don't follow everyone who follows me, maybe I should. I really came here to check out if anyone had an opinion on occam's razor marketing system.

That being said. Later this evening, I'll give you a detailed reason why.

It is the first great overview of Internet marketing for either your own product or an affiliate product.

So, this evening, I'll give you some details about Ockham's Razor Marketing. As Dr. Dien Rice, our esteemed resident physicist will tell you, as he has me many times over the years:

"Keep it simple Stupid". OH, well maybe he just says that to me.

Keep it simple and don't overcomplicate things.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. I'm pretty hard overall on the gurus and it is a rare endorsement on my part...got to sign up as an affiliate. Dang.

GordonJ February 4, 2009 09:29 PM

Here's why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 23887)
That being said. Later this evening, I'll give you a detailed reason why.

Here are my reasons WHY I think so many people could benefit from Marlon Sanders newest work, Ockham's Razor Income System.

First it is very thorough. Very detailed about all the nuances of how to market stuff on the Internet.

It can get very complicated, unlike the good old days (yesterday for some of us) where you found a market of buyers and created/found something to sell them, and then promoted to them. Pretty linear operation...direct response is simple compared to Internet marketing.

So Marlon gives great detail about all the various ways to PROMOTE.

We use to have Products, Prospects and Promotions.

Marlon has boiled this down to an even simpler formula:
Products (he calls them Innovative Products)
PROMOTION

And Ockham's Razor Income System is divided into these TWO main parts. He starts out with the PROMOTION aspect and points to studies conducted by Harvard Business School to prove his point...those who promote the most, make the most money. Pretty simple really.

Yet today, in this recession, one of the first things that get cut from a big corporate budget is their advertising and sales force. And they wonder why they are losing money?

Marlon sets forth his Master Plan of advertising, a six part method.

He spends this first section giving you tested and proven methods that he has used online since the mid 90's.

The first part of Ockham's Razor Income System gives great detail on WHAT to do and HOW to do as concerns promotion.

Now, my opinion, based upon my interaction with thousands of people over the years online at this forum and the ones before this is...the vast majority of the younger generation are clueless about basic business principles. And that can be said for my generation of boomers who have held a job for 30 years too.

They aren't grounded in fundamentals.

And I think that Ockham's Razor Income System provides the basic OVERVIEW and gives fundamentals.

It is the ONE work that I've read that contains the basics along with the how to and what to methods that work from a broad marketing perspective.

In part two he goes into INNOVATION. This is what keeps a company in business for the long haul. Not resting on its laurels.

Suarez Corporation Industries is known for its cutting edge INNOVATIONS in both products and PROMOTIONS. Ben Suarez "gets" it. And he tests, tests, tests.

Marlon Sanders credits Ben's first book, SuperBiz, with getting him started in the remote direct response business. A few of our readers were given this book when they came to Canton for a meeting. Still a great read.

Anyhow, for 55 dollars, you'd be hard pressed to find anything that contains that much information...but even more importantly than the work is the WATCHING and participating in what Marlon is doing.

The One Time Offer, the upsell, the marketing, the promotion, the copywriting the follow through, what comes next.

Man, you have a complete blueprint on how to conduct a successful marketing campaign. IF you observe what is happening, you'll think that 55 bux is a true bargain.

LOOK at what the Big Dogs do...and say. And you'll see why they are the Big Dogs. Even little pups can learn a trick or two too...even us small potatoes types who like to fly under the radar... Ockham's Razor is a classic Internet takeoff. Watch where it flies too.

Gordon Jay Alexander

MichaelRoss February 5, 2009 06:20 AM

Re: Thanks Sandi, Michael and Dien

"I don't follow everyone who follows me, maybe I should"

That's the bit I don't get about some Tweeters... they follow Thousands of people. You cannot possibly read all those thousands of tweets daily. So I conclude, they follow in the hopes of being followed back - increase their own followers. BUT, what's the point of followers when they too follow thousands and cannot see your tweets either - assuming they even read them any more.

I say, follow who you want to follow - not because they may follow you back.

Michael Ross

MichaelRoss February 5, 2009 06:53 AM

Branson news via Twitter...

Richard Branson launches new Virgin careers site.

Just found out about it via Twitter - I follow Branson
http://entrepreneur.virgin.com/2009/...rk-for-virgin/

Speed. That's the hooplala :D

Michael Ross