SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   11 year old post. Good time to think about it. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10459)

GordonJ July 21, 2019 12:16 PM

11 year old post. Good time to think about it.

YES, I'M YELLING. ok, now I'm not.

I'm often accused (with good cause) for being cryptic...but today, I'll tell you exactly what I think is the SECRET of all secrets...

but first,

this applies to Toll Postion Profits
Remote Direct marketing
Jim Straw's millionaire in a year course
ALL other courses, ideas and concepts on making money (the practicable and doable, not the theoretical)...

The secret is: (and I've borrowed this from several sources)

IT IS:

"The highest paid skill across the board, time after time, industry to government to not for profits...is the ability to

PUT TOGETHER A DEAL."

And what this means is: YOU will start to see dramatic results in your business efforts when...

you realize that all DEAL MAKING...involves,

dialog,

communication between two parties.

OH sure, go ahead and make a deal with yourself...most people do at the start of a New Year...and they quickly break those deals...

but until you begin to ENGAGE other people...

UNTIL you begin to talk to, question and communicate to another person...

you'll continue to spin your wheels.

AMAZING things happen when you START the conversation...and when it comes to DEAL making, there are certain things you've got to learn...and you learn them by DOING.

SEE, so many people are afraid of making mistakes, of screwing up the deal, they want to wait until it is perfect...my take is this...

YOU (and I and WE all) don't have enough time in our days to get to all the great deals "out there". So GO AHEAD and screw one up...but learn from it.

Contact someone. Ask questions. Get answers. Even if the answer is a "I'm not interested." YOU'll learn something. Then get a little guidance, and move to the NEXT opportunity, and use what you've learned...

a few times, and you'll get the perfected YOU of the deal you want...and it really has to do with your inner "child" (not really, just wanted to give you some ammo to shoot at me)...

And we ALL too often listen to that 8 year old inside of us that was told "YOU CAN'T" or whatever variation of that.

I don't know of anyone being shot, stabbed, killed for picking up the phone and calling another person and starting a BUSINESS ORIENTED DIALOG. Do 10 of these and you'll be closer to a MASTER than the person waiting until they have all the right things lined up to say.

In the REAL world, deals are made every day...BILLIONS exchange hands because of these deals...and they are made between two PEOPLE (or entities)...who have COMMUNICATED with each other.

The secret of secrets is: Ask the right questions (communicate)...of the right person...at the right time and then Structure a WIN-WIN-WIN deal...and you'll amaze yourself. But someone has to INITIATE (as in BEGIN) the dialog.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. My email has been the same for many years now, some of you KNOW that and have made use of it. And so far, I haven't been charged with harming anyone who has initiated contact with me (other than being brutally honest and telling them their idea sucks...but that's not a crime, yet, is it?) The secret in a word: ENGAGE!

Dien Rice July 25, 2019 12:38 PM

Re: 11 year old post. Good time to think about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 40039)
The secret is: (and I've borrowed this from several sources)

IT IS:

"The highest paid skill across the board, time after time, industry to government to not for profits...is the ability to

PUT TOGETHER A DEAL."

And what this means is: YOU will start to see dramatic results in your business efforts when...

you realize that all DEAL MAKING...involves,

dialog,

communication between two parties.

OH sure, go ahead and make a deal with yourself...most people do at the start of a New Year...and they quickly break those deals...

but until you begin to ENGAGE other people...

UNTIL you begin to talk to, question and communicate to another person...

you'll continue to spin your wheels.

AMAZING things happen when you START the conversation...and when it comes to DEAL making, there are certain things you've got to learn...and you learn them by DOING.

SEE, so many people are afraid of making mistakes, of screwing up the deal, they want to wait until it is perfect...my take is this...

YOU (and I and WE all) don't have enough time in our days to get to all the great deals "out there". So GO AHEAD and screw one up...but learn from it.

Contact someone. Ask questions. Get answers. Even if the answer is a "I'm not interested." YOU'll learn something. Then get a little guidance, and move to the NEXT opportunity, and use what you've learned...

Hi Gordon,

Great post!

The only thing I'd add is you do have to make an assessment of the character of the person you're dealing with...

As Harvey Brody classifies people, there are "number 1s," "number 2s," and "number 3s."

The first kind are the trustworthy people...

Number 2s are the "freeloaders" - they want a piece of the pie, but they don't want to do any work to get it.

Number 3s are the people with a "hidden agenda"... They tell you one thing, but they're real intentions are something else, which they've hidden from you. (These are the con artists and crooks of this world...)

I'm very cautious about people I work with, yet I've still been burned, so it's not easy, and you're constantly learning!

Having said that, if you find a good person to work with, where you can do a win/win type of deal, it can be very profitable...

(This website is an example of the result of such a deal!)

Best wishes!

Dien