SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What more could I add to my offer? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4349)

ThePromotionalGuy.com September 10, 2007 12:22 AM

What more could I add to my offer?

Greetings Group,

At one of my websites, Get-This-Report.com I've been selling a book I wrote.

I want to boost sales, but I just can't decide what type of bonus to add. I want to keep the subject matter somewhat in the same ballpark, if you know what I mean.

For example, my book teaches the reader how to profit from servicing glass doors. I don't want to offer as a bonus, Copy Writing Secrets of the Master Gurus. They don't go together. You know what I mean?

I could really use some ideas here.

Thanks for your help
Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy

sunnyguy September 10, 2007 12:41 AM

Re: What more could I add to my offer?

In my opinion, since you're showing your readers how to profit from servicing glass doors, you may want to add tips and reports on how to profit type of ideas, etc. how to profit from servicing "car doors", "wooden doors", "metal doors", etc.

If possible, putting an actual case study report in relation to servicing glass door business, will help.

This is because you are showing proof that your plan is workable and not simply made up and this adds confidence for prospective buyers to purchase it. It also serve as a blueprint for anyone who wants to venture in this type of business.

You may offer free support too (answering all questions about the report), as part of your bonuses.

Duane Adolph September 10, 2007 02:11 AM

Hi Woody,

Thanks for asking about boosting sales of your report.

I have a couple questions for you which will aid us in generating some useful ideas for you.

WHO specifically would you say is your target audience for this report?
WHO has already bought this report and Why?

and

WHAT is the MAJOR problem that your report addresses?
WHY did your previous customers buy the report?

I think once we have a clearer picture of your target and their problems we can come up with a whole bunch of "Bonus" ideas.

Second thing.

Not sure if you are tracking or testing metrics on this one or not. But as a starting point it would be helpful to measure the visitor value for your sales page. Then you could test different sales boosting tactics eg.

1) Headlines
2) Offers
3) Bonuses and Guarantees

O.K with ALL of that said Woody, let's say that you have all of the answers to those questions above. You know ALL of your vital metrics
And you have decided to focus on adding value to your offer in terms of BONUSES

Here is a quick Brainstorm of ideas to help YOU come up with a LOT of your own ideas

Bonus Report Topic Ideas

1. Survey you current customers to determine why they bought, and perhaps
what they felt was missing from the report

2. Go to Amazon and search for related books or products based on your targets needs and wants. Amazon will give you a list of other related products and services that users will buy.

3. Go To Amazon and read the Reviews of people that have bought similar products. Any complaints about the product will provide you with ideas for reports addressing those concerns

4. Go to Amazon and find similar products to what you have written. Click on the link that says "Search inside this book". READ the Chapter headings of the Table of Contents. ANY chapter title or subject that is NOT in your report can be turned into a report for you.

5. Go To Ebay and punch in your topic idea, and Ebay will give you other related searches keywords that have been punched in.

6. Go to Ebay. (NOT SURE IF YOU CAN STILL DO THIS TACTIC or NOT) Find people that have purchased similar products and see WHAT ELSE THEY BOUGHT by looking at their completed items.

AVG. Unit of Sale ideas

7. Change the Format of what you currently offering ie. Just Convert your report to Audio. (JUST READ it out) You can then just offer the audio has an upsell or standalone product, or even a Package.

8. Make the report a Physical product
b) Make the audio bonus a Physical product

Segment the Market Ideas

9. Make the report target a more specific niche ie. Students, Contractors, Men or Woman. (Opens up new Markets Instantly)

Distribution Channel/Traffic Ideas

10. Where are you marketing this report?

- Are you selling it on Ebay?
- Are you selling it on Amazon?
- Articles, PPC, etc etc

Marketing/business Model Ideas

11. Do you have a backend products and services?

12. You get probably give the report away in return for a quick survey as to any Pressing questions visitors may have? These questions will help you create specific reports

13. Are there any other players in your market? Potential Partners for your
offer

Anybody here on SOWPUB that have the clients that YOU want that you could partner with ????????? ( I Know I can think of a couple people that MIGHT be potential partners for you :-> )

O.K Woody, I got a little carried away, but since it was just a quick BRAINSTORM i didn't want to EDIT too much the steady flow of ideas.

Hope this Sparks some more Brainstorming/Idea Generators for you Woody.

Duane Adolph

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePromotionalGuy.com (Post 16905)
Greetings Group,

At one of my websites, Get-This-Report.com I've been selling a book I wrote.

I want to boost sales, but I just can't decide what type of bonus to add. I want to keep the subject matter somewhat in the same ballpark, if you know what I mean.

For example, my book teaches the reader how to profit from servicing glass doors. I don't want to offer as a bonus, Copy Writing Secrets of the Master Gurus. They don't go together. You know what I mean?

I could really use some ideas here.

Thanks for your help
Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy

tonyjohnson9 September 10, 2007 05:27 PM

Woody,

Is your product specific to a niche market (i.e. construction, building maintenance, etc) or the general public? The reason why I asked is due to the fact that I found myself a little confused when reading your front page (could just be me since it's a Monday). Also, the average revenue generated ($100-$300) seemed kind of low, but at least your honest and not blasting hyperbole. So if it's catered towards a specific market, I think your site is cool. I would recommend possibly adding a podcast and/or video to your site. It may add some flair to see your solution in action or hear your promotion via a podcast. I just add a podcast to my site and it was VERY easy (check out mypodcast.com if you need a podcast solution). Hope this helps.
-Tony-

Tony Johnson
www.tonyjohnsononline.com
Your Source for Maximum Effectiveness

ThePromotionalGuy.com September 11, 2007 09:10 AM

Tony, Duane & Sunnyguy...

Tony,

My website is directed to a specific niche market. There are men and women out there, that are handy with hand tools, who love to do side work.

They are always looking for new ways to generate some extra cash. That's why I don't hype it up.

This report gives them yet another opportunity to generate some extra money on the side, simply using common tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and etc.

When I stumbled onto this type of work, I did it on the side. Eventually, I made a business out of it and finally incorporated into my other business.

I do like the idea of a podcast or maybe a youtube type video. Your idea got me thinking.

Duane,

To answer your first questions, my target market is established and I am selling the report. But like any business man I want to boost sales.

To do that I need to add more value or possibly address areas that you mention in the second half of your post.

You have given me some great additional ideas that I had not considered, but do see how they can help boost sales. I had not thought about Ebay or format conversion. Just these two methods alone will boost sales.

Sunnyguy,

I like your idea about similar/association. The example of 'car doors', 'wooden doors', and 'metal doors' also sparked a few ideas I had not considered. I can see how they would fit in. I can see some spin off reports coming down the pike.

I would like to publicly thank you 3 gentleman for the great insight, ideas and items of consideration you have provided.

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy