SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quickie Xmas Cash (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9000)

Don Alm December 1, 2014 05:36 PM

Quickie Xmas Cash

OK.....someone came up to me yesterday after Church and said; "Hey Don! I hear that YOU have many ideas on how to make money".

"I REALLY NEED to find a way to make some (he called it) "Quickie Xmas Cash".

So.....we sat down at a table and I asked him what his experience has been.

He told me he had been a "RE Agent" for a local realtor.....and, the "Housing Market" has been.....SLOOOW!

So....he had a few listings BUT ...nothing was selling AND....he told me an "inside secret" (which I already knew).....he makes money when one of HIS Listings sells!

So....."How can he get MORE listings or MORE Sales?"

So.....I asked him to give me the "Addresses" of his present Listings. I then went to a free Microsoft Program called "Front Page 3"......right-clicked on the photos of his first listing (he had 12 photos of the house for sale) Put them into a file and brought them up into FP3......and made a Video (What I like about FP3 is, I can Zoom In or Out on each photo, giving the impression of "movement") (which house buyers like)

So....I made a video of his 3 Listings and.......here comes the "Bonanza-Secret"......I RANKED THEM ACCORDING TO THEIR ADDRESS!"

WOW! I don't know whether you can understand the POWER of what I just said BUT...let's say the Address of the Listing is....."1324 S Main Jackson OR"

I upload the video to my YT Channel and get the video to be at the Top of Page One for the Address (which is easy-peasy) since there's NO competition for THIS KeyWord!

Now....that's OK...BUT My reason for making a Video and Ranking it for the "Address" of the property is to....."Get Other Re Agents To PAY ME for; 1) making a video of THEIR listings
and
2) ranking them for the Addresses

So.....what I do is......
1) go to Zillio.....
2) find houses for sale by RE Agents who have many listings.

3) grab 8 or 10 photos from one of their listings
4) make a video
5) send the RE Agent an email with the ADDRESS of their Listing in the "SUBJECT" line (to get them to OPEN the email)

ex: "RE: 1324 SE Jackson"

"Howdy! My name is Don Alm. I have a local Video Marketing business and I just made a Video of your listing at 1324 SE Jackson. (Here's the Link......xyz123novdbl) (Take a look see yourself. Just go to Google and type in "1324 SE Jackson Roseburg OR")

This Video will cause Many "House Hunters" to SEE your Listing in FULL Color and get them interested in YOUR Listing!.....bringing MORE inquiries!

Call me for more info on how your Listings can get more exposure and provide quicker sales!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Note: I charge $247 for 1 Listing and $591 ($197 ea) for 3 Listings.

So........my experience has been, when I get RE Agents to see the video/s I created and ranked for their "ADDRESS"......I get most to pay me $197 x 3 ($591)

So......Make a Video for a RE Listing.....upload to YT......get it ranked for the ADDRESS ......email or phone the Agent and sell the RE AGent.....$247 for 1 or $591 for 3.

Last year I helped 3 guys and 1 gal make over $5,000 each doing what I just ex-plained.

Give it a try

Don Alm

Don Alm December 1, 2014 07:30 PM

The Power of EGO and...."Already Done"

Maybe someone here will understand WHAT "potential customers WANT"!

They want MORE Business & MORE Money!....BASIC!

So....put yourself in the shoes of a RE Agent with 5 or 6 or more Listings.

Your "Goal" is to SELL these Listings or......in the RE Biz.....you still make money if another Agent sells your listing.

So.....what I've done is;
1) Picked a RE Agent with 11 Listings
2) Made 3 Video (PS3) of his Listings......
3) Sent him an Email with the Address of one of his listing in the Subject Line. In the body I tell him I made a Video of his Listing and Ranked it for the ADDRESS so anyone Googling the Address will SEE my Video.
4) Quoted my price of $247 for 1 or $591 for 3 and told him if I did NOT hear from him in 24 hrs....I would take down the Videos.

So......just got a call from the AGent and.....he wants me to go ahead with ALL 3 Videos. (He's sending payment to my PayPal account)

So......this is NOT.....trying to "sell" prospects on what I WILL do.....it's about trying to sell prospects on what.....I've DONE!

HUGE Difference

Anyways......hope you got something out of this.

Don Alm

Don Alm December 1, 2014 07:40 PM

Re: Quickie Xmas Cash

Holy Camoly......I just found that their are 747 Homes For Sale in my little area. What if I could get just 10 re agents to pay me $247 for the Video I made of their Listing?

Talk about "Quick Cash".....the EGO thingee sets in and......from my last phone call......looks like $591 coming my way.

Don Alm.......

ron lafuddy December 1, 2014 08:40 PM

Re: The Power of EGO and...."Already Done"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 34131)
Maybe someone here will understand WHAT "potential customers WANT"!

They want MORE Business & MORE Money!....BASIC!

So....put yourself in the shoes of a RE Agent with 5 or 6 or more Listings.

Your "Goal" is to SELL these Listings or......in the RE Biz.....you still make money if another Agent sells your listing.

So.....what I've done is;
1) Picked a RE Agent with 11 Listings
2) Made 3 Video (PS3) of his Listings......
3) Sent him an Email with the Address of one of his listing in the Subject Line. In the body I tell him I made a Video of his Listing and Ranked it for the ADDRESS so anyone Googling the Address will SEE my Video.
4) Quoted my price of $247 for 1 or $591 for 3 and told him if I did NOT hear from him in 24 hrs....I would take down the Videos.

So......just got a call from the AGent and.....he wants me to go ahead with ALL 3 Videos. (He's sending payment to my PayPal account)

So......this is NOT.....trying to "sell" prospects on what I WILL do.....it's about trying to sell prospects on what.....I've DONE!

HUGE Difference

Anyways......hope you got something out of this.

Don Alm

Don,

I've found realtors to be a little on the
"cheap" side when it comes to spending money

However, there are some who list the higher end
properties and pay for full color ads in local
publications.

That type of realtor might be just the one to
approach with this idea.

Ron

Don Alm December 1, 2014 11:42 PM

Yup.....RE Agents don't make money unless a property sells so, they're "cautious" about spending much money "up-front" HOWEVER....I've found they're more apt to pay for something that will help them sell a property.... especially if the property is above $250,000.

AND.....when they SEE a video I made for their listing.....it "Grabs Them By Their GREED Glands"! They MUST have it!

Anyways.....my cost to make these is Zilch and about 30 min of my time SO...... if I do 6 of these a day.....and 2 buy at $247.....500 bux a day is well worth my time! (However, today I got 3 who wanted 3 Vids for $591.... $1,800 for 2 hrs "work"...you kiddin' me?)

Don Alm

PLUS....I offer an UpSell of adding a QR Code that brings Home Buyers to my Video

Don Alm December 1, 2014 11:55 PM

Please understand something about "selling stuff with EMAILS"!

The SUBJECT Line of any email.....MUST "be a Grabber"! It MUST "force" prospects to OPEN the email!

A RE Agent who listed a house at "244 Hiawatha St, Orlando, FL".....WILL open an email with a subject line of, "RE: 244 Hiawatha"!.....guaranteed!

So.....get to it! $500 a Day is waiting for you!

Don Alm

Dien Rice December 2, 2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 34130)
OK.....someone came up to me yesterday after Church and said; "Hey Don! I hear that YOU have many ideas on how to make money".

"I REALLY NEED to find a way to make some (he called it) "Quickie Xmas Cash".

Thanks Don... That's a great early "Christmas present," on how to use Microsoft Photo Story 3 (I presume) to help RE agents sell houses!

Of course, if a real estate agent can sell a house at a higher price, they get a higher commission... And the more potential buyers see the listing, the more likely they'll be able to sell at the price they want. More "moolah" all around...

Best wishes,

Dien

ron lafuddy December 2, 2014 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 34135)
Yup.....RE Agents don't make money unless a property sells so, they're "cautious" about spending much money "up-front" HOWEVER....I've found they're more apt to pay for something that will help them sell a property.... especially if the property is above $250,000.

AND.....when they SEE a video I made for their listing.....it "Grabs Them By Their GREED Glands"! They MUST have it!

Anyways.....my cost to make these is Zilch and about 30 min of my time SO...... if I do 6 of these a day.....and 2 buy at $247.....500 bux a day is well worth my time! (However, today I got 3 who wanted 3 Vids for $591.... $1,800 for 2 hrs "work"...you kiddin' me?)

Don Alm

PLUS....I offer an UpSell of adding a QR Code that brings Home Buyers to my Video

Don,

Darn Ya!

You have this one bouncing around
in my head now. I'm thinking you're
just scratchin' the surface here.

There's upsell and residual potential
out the wazoo.

Just takes some thought, along with a
little action, which you've done successfully.

Even if someone was to make half of your
$500 per day on the initial offering. That
would be well worth it.

I can see a way to double or triple that
on the backend.

Thanks again, Don for the great ideas you
continue to contribute here.

Ron

Don Alm December 2, 2014 12:52 PM

Heck...even if you charge $197 per Listing.....and you just get 1 sale a day.. that's still a Grand A Week!

Also.....what about Ranking Videos for the Name of the Business?

Google....."Spunky Steer Roseburg, OR"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xjMMIxMoHk)

Or...."BlacNBleu Roseburg OR"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUpJwfFOCIQ

Or...."Kevin's Lawn Care Roseburg, OR"

Or...."Rocky's Auto Repair Roseburg, OR"

Now....these are One-Time Sales however.....one of my "students" is charging $197 Set-Up and $97/mo to keep the Video on the first page.

I always remember a response from a well-known marketing guy whose answer to the question; "How are they getting this much for their service?"

He answered; "They ASKED!"

I also know a guy who is charging $497 for the Video initially and $300 more ($797) to get the video ranked on 1st Page for the NAME of the biz!

They get the videos ranked THEN....contact the biz and tell them to "Take A Look"!

Sure.....some biz ask to take the video down.....which is done HOWEVER, most biz LIKE the Video and pay for it!

Don Alm

langdon0555 December 2, 2014 06:29 PM

So if someone doesn't know the house is for sale in the first place... how does this bring much value to the agent?

How often do people go to google to search for an exact address when looking to buy a house? I would think only if they saw it was for sell, through either driving buy the house or seeing it advertised somewhere else.