SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm Curious... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9158)

Don Alm April 27, 2015 05:03 PM

I'm Curious...

There are a few Posters here and lately.....a whole bunch of "Lurkers". I'm curious as to WHAT kind of Subjects are YOU Lurkers interested in? WHAT "strikes your fancy" or "WHAT" would YOU like to know more about?

You don't have to offer any "solutions".....I'd just like to "get an idea" of what Topics get your attention;

Face-To-Face Selling
Lead Gen stuff
Mail Order Marketing
Product Selling
Affiliate Sales
Website building
Mobile Websites Building
SEO stuff
Selling Services (Curb Painting, Gutter Cleaning, Painting Lawns...etc

Just toss out what YOU'RE interested in knowing more about.....NO names needed. I'm curious!

Thanks,
Don Alm......

Robert J. April 27, 2015 08:51 PM

Re: I'm Curious...

Don, I think the issue with "lookers" and "lurkers" is this: They really DON'T KNOW what they are looking for.

I think they are looking for freedom, opportunity, and probably a template (how-to, tutorials, instruction).

And of course, as a chronic "looker" and "lurker," no matter what specifics I find, I find hope and potential. Lots of times I will read something, and I think, "damn, that's a hell of an idea." I find eight reasons why it wouldn't work for me, but it is incredibly freeing to know that "there are things out there."

Personally, I have a day job so I can't tackle anything that requires lots of "business hour" commitment. So face-to-face business selling is probably out. That, and the fact that I have failed miserably at it in the past ... so ...

What I have seen here that sparks my interest every time is the mobile ideas, and the video stuff (I guess you'd call that lead gen stuff).

Just my two cents worth, which is probably over-priced and under-valued!

Rob Yaggie April 27, 2015 09:29 PM

Hey Don,

I tend to be a lurker more than a poster but I often find gems at this forum. What I like is to see are the different marketing approaches (I would love to see more on current direct mail type efforts). Although I rarely consider doing exactly the opportunity someone might present, I often take bits and pieces of the approach and consider how they might work in areas I am doing.

I enjoy your posts and thanks for contributing!

Rob Yaggie

trevord92 April 28, 2015 03:03 AM

Hi Don

I'm mainly a lurker here, much as I am on other forums. Various reasons but number of hours in the day is high up on the list :p

A variety of interests - my original background was retail - I managed a chain of petrol (gas) stations.

Then I moved into direct mail and, weird as it sounds now, helped build up an internet business through it. I'm still interested in direct mail as I think it's probably the one of the least cluttered markets now everything is moving online.

And I'm into online stuff as well - some affiliate marketing, some of my own digital products.

I also like some of the more inspirational posts that Dien and Gordon add.

Thanks for all your posts on this site - they show there's lots of ways that actually work in the real world.

Trevor

ShawnF April 28, 2015 07:23 AM

Hi Don,

Always interested in any ideas regarding direct mail.

Thanks

Shawn

WillyWallace April 28, 2015 01:16 PM

I'm looking to partner up with people smarter than I to help implement ideas I have rattling around in my head...

For example, I need an SMS expert for my home service business idea that I posted here a week or so ago.

cash4notes April 28, 2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 35080)
There are a few Posters here and lately.....a whole bunch of "Lurkers". I'm curious as to WHAT kind of Subjects are YOU Lurkers interested in? WHAT "strikes your fancy" or "WHAT" would YOU like to know more about?

You don't have to offer any "solutions".....I'd just like to "get an idea" of what Topics get your attention;

Face-To-Face Selling
Lead Gen stuff
Mail Order Marketing
Product Selling
Affiliate Sales
Website building
Mobile Websites Building
SEO stuff
Selling Services (Curb Painting, Gutter Cleaning, Painting Lawns...etc

Just toss out what YOU'RE interested in knowing more about.....NO names needed. I'm curious!

Thanks,
Don Alm......

I too lurk quite abit but do find great vaule in this forum
Always looking for direct mail and lead gen action steps.