SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Membership Scripts Feedback (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4958)

Skip Rosell March 19, 2008 05:32 PM

Membership Scripts Feedback

Hi my friends,

I have been using Jimmy D Browns membership method for about six weeks now for my "Leads for Cash" membership.

First let me say, from what I can tell, Jimmy's membership course sold out of 1,000 member @ $27 per month. That's $27,000 per month. Not bad.

In the first week I set the Leads for Cash site up I sold 100 memberships. For a little guy like me that is a quick return and a great return on my investment. Here it is 6 weeks later and I had one cancel. Not bad.

My site is not as polished as Jimmy's and I only had one drop out. I'm sure his drop out rate is very low. That is one of the big hassles for normal membership sites. The turn over rate. I have seen some stats that list the average member staying only 3 or 4 months for most sites. With the auto-responder method it is almost automatic that they will stay to the end whether that is 6 months or a year.

Just thought I would give some feed back since there has been a lot of talk about membership sites lately.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Larry Foster March 20, 2008 01:31 AM

Re: Membership Scripts Feedback

Skip, thanks for sharing your results.
I also am getting Jimmy's course, but I haven't taken action yet. My plate is very full.
Do you think that some of your success is a result of having a list?
If you didn't market to a list, how did you promote?
Larry Foster

Sandi Bowman March 20, 2008 11:41 AM

Well, I see I'm in good company...and right in-between you two as far as doing as instructed. Thanks for sharing, Skip.

Ran into a snag, asked for help here and received some excellent suggestions (thanks again, guys!) and I'm on my way once more. So many choices, it's really tough but making progress.

Know what you mean about a full plate, Larry. Seems like everything came at once around here but I am focusing. Good luck to you.

Sandi Bowman

Skip Rosell March 20, 2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Foster (Post 19818)
Skip, thanks for sharing your results.
I also am getting Jimmy's course, but I haven't taken action yet. My plate is very full.
Do you think that some of your success is a result of having a list?
If you didn't market to a list, how did you promote?
Larry Foster

Hi Larry,

Thanks for asking questions.

Yes, those results for the first week were because I have a list. But most of the results AFTER that week is by other methods.

For me the best way I found to promote my membership site is through giving away free lessons. I give the first four lessons free and then they can sign up for the rest.

Another way I find is great is by JV's (Joint Ventures). I have the first lesson set up as a full report. Then I let others sell that report for $10 and keep all the money. When their customer reads the report, then I offer them four free lessons in the report and capture their details (Build my list). Then in the last free lesson I give them the chance to continue by becoming a member.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Skip Rosell March 20, 2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi Bowman (Post 19826)
Well, I see I'm in good company...and right in-between you two as far as doing as instructed. Thanks for sharing, Skip.

Ran into a snag, asked for help here and received some excellent suggestions (thanks again, guys!) and I'm on my way once more. So many choices, it's really tough but making progress.

Know what you mean about a full plate, Larry. Seems like everything came at once around here but I am focusing. Good luck to you.

Sandi Bowman

Hi Sandy,

Your welcome, Sandy.

It seems my plate is always full but that is by design. I find if I keep a few things going at the same time I get more done. If I get bored or tired of one thing I just switch to another then go back to the first with a clear mind.

A couple of things I have done to be more productive is read my email only at certain times instead of every five minutes. Also I do not spend a lot of time on forums any more as you can tell by the little I have posted here lately.

I also cut out most of the forums I used to read but NOT SowPub. :) I still lurk here every so often. As I have said in other posts I have gain a lot from the posts here. I thank all who have giving so freely.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell