SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Coronavirus updates! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10630)

Eugene April 12, 2020 09:19 AM

Coronavirus updates!

Hello guys,

As the title says it all. The whole world is suffering because of coronavirus. How are you doing in lockdown?

Thank you so much!

dalm April 13, 2020 07:29 PM

Re: Coronavirus updates!

I'm a Loong time....Belly-To-Belly sales guy.....So....since I can't do in-prson sales visits now.....I've gone to
1) Phone to explain what I'm doing AND....get email addy
2) Email Sales Letter with NO pricing
30 Interested Prospects WILL phone or reply toemail for pricing IF they are interested.

Don Alm....(My Belly has gotten too big anyways)

dalm April 13, 2020 07:36 PM

ALso.....my VA has found a way to post Videos on "Google My Business" Listings....(I call them the "Google 3-Pack").....and....we've discovered the Videos don't have to be 30 secs...!

Just another way to earn some moolah during the Shutdown. ANY biz that has a Listing in the "3-Pack' for any Keyword would LOVE to add a Video to their Listing.

Don Alm

GordonJ April 14, 2020 12:28 PM

I don't notice too much of a difference, however...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene (Post 40688)
Hello guys,

As the title says it all. The whole world is suffering because of coronavirus. How are you doing in lockdown?

Thank you so much!

I am hoarse from so many phone convos, but day to day, not much difference, I was already in lockdown, and have been for many years. Well, in a manner of speaking. I quit doing the belly to belly, run around town, wearing out shoe leather many a year ago...good for those who still do it.

Although, not much has changed for me, I have spoken to many people, and they are not doing so well... from fear, uncertainty and trepidation to loathing and blaming...I sense many are falling apart at their seems.

It is a trying time, and I have noticed a spike in my email, SPAM, and the many offers from companies I have never heard of, they, like POLITICIANS believe

don't let a crisis go to waste....

E X P L O I T it and as many people as you can.

There seems to be a lot of "other side" of this thinking, as if it were going to disappear overnight (and it might, if a vaccine/cure comes up), but not much planning for a longer haul, of say several more months.

It is NOT a good time to not know what you want from your life, future or your daily activities.

So, if you are locked down, use the time to get your stuff together, it could be now or never, eh?

Gordon

Dien Rice April 14, 2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene (Post 40688)
Hello guys,

Thank you so much!

Hi Eugene,

I'm doing fine in lockdown...

I've almost always made my money while tapping on a computer keyboard anyway!

But...I know many people have it tough. Not only regarding health, but regarding income too...

The thing is - things don't need to be so bad. There ARE opportunities out there...Many new ones. Many have changed. You just have to have your finger on the pulse, as it were...

There are solutions!

- Dien

P.S. A friend of mine is a doctor, working with people in quarantine. She thinks she was already infected by the coronavirus and recovered...But she was unable to get a test, so she isn't 100% sure.

People like that have it much, much tougher than me...I keep that in mind.