SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SO...What Really "Pisses Off" the Richest Man In The World?? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1985)

Duane Adolph November 18, 2006 03:32 AM

SO...What Really "Pisses Off" the Richest Man In The World??

SO...What Really "Pisses Off" the Richest Man In The World??

O.K now that we got a little personal Mr. Gates...

Tell Me...

"What was YOUR Defining Moment where you just KNEW...
that you were going to change the world with Microsoft??"

"Tell Me Mr. Gates What would you say to GOOGLE RIGHT NOW if they were sitting here??"

O.K I got another question...

"What REALLY made WINDOWS so POPULAR?? No seriously! I wanna know from YOUR perspective and NOT what I read in the papers?"

O.K enough from you Mr. Gates...I wanna hear from HIP ICON JAYZ now....

Hey JAY-Z!!

"What do YOU AND Mr GATES attribute to being so GREAT AT WHAT YOU DO??"

"Aiight" That's Cool...

"So what is the ONE PRINCIPLE that you have built your $300 million fortune on ??"

You Got a Clothing Company...Own Part of an NBA franchise...are a HIP HOP LEGEND"

...HECK You are Dating BEYONCE...!

Lemmee repeat..

... YOUU are daaating BEEEEYONCE...!!
...and You
...Well YOu AIN't NO Denzel Washington so how did you pull that off"

"Common Man! What is THE SECRET to living YOUR LIFESTYLE...???"

Law of Attraction??

(DTC) Discpline, Thought, Control??

What is YOUR secret??

"BRING IT!"

Hmmm I see......

Well Thanks for sharing with me Jay-Z ...

But Now I GOT a Question for Mr. Stengel.

Stengel Who??

Mr. Jim Stengel "Global Marketing Marketing Manager" from Proctor and Gamble...

Actually I have another TOP 10 Marketing ELITES that I wanna ask question on about LEADERSHIP, MARKETING, BRANDING and the FUTURE OF THE WEB!

So that said, I wanna invite my SOWPUB friends to JOIN in the EVENT...

One of the Best resources I've seen in a looooooong time.

Just in case they have NOT seen this yet :->

ENJOY SOWPUBBERS

http://advertising.msn.com/sas2006

Duane Adolph

P.S

"Next Time Bill I EXPECT my Invitation to be delivered in Person" :->:)

Infinigeek November 22, 2006 02:06 AM

Re: SO...What Really "Pisses Off" the Richest Man In The World??

Bill Gates is an interesting fellow. along with Donald Trump. Both characters I would have to say I highly disagree with politically and am seriously suprised that they act so rediculous in public. Trump tried to coin the phrase 'You're Fired' I mean who does this guy think he is. Also I was more than a little disappointed that Robert Kiyosaki was so willing to write a book with mr. Trump.

What am I doing about my dislike for mr. Gates? well right now I am typing this on a laptop loaded up with FreeBSD which is the UNIX operating system... and I no longer have a need for Microsoft Office thanks to OpenOffice.org

As for mr. Trump... well I never watched his crappy show. I thought it was stupid.

I dunno/ you guys tell me... I simply don't like people that act as if they are better than you and I simply because they got there faster or to a greater degree.

The perfect Donald or the perfect Bill would reach out and say... Hey man! If I can do it, so can you... just find your niche and live your life, leverage what you can... expect setbacks.. Instead... all we really get is "look how good I am THE MIGHTY ME!!! Look at all the computers I have donated or Buildings With MY MIGHTY NAME EMBOLDENED UPON THEM"

If you really wanna help in this world you do so by teaching through example... I have seen more sowpubs that speak true wisdom than I have ever seen come out of either Bill or Donald. :cool:

Dien Rice November 22, 2006 11:35 PM

Can you too be rich like Bill Gates or Donald Trump?

Hi Duane and Infinigeek!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinigeek (Post 6830)
The perfect Donald or the perfect Bill would reach out and say... Hey man! If I can do it, so can you... just find your niche and live your life, leverage what you can... expect setbacks.. Instead... all we really get is "look how good I am THE MIGHTY ME!!! Look at all the computers I have donated or Buildings With MY MIGHTY NAME EMBOLDENED UPON THEM"

Actually, I think there are two types of entrepreneurs... Those who do something which is replicable, and those whose activities are more difficult to replicate.

Both Bill Gates and Donald Trump are not "rags to riches" tales - they are "rich to even richer" tales. Both came from wealthy families!

For example, here's the beginning entry on Bill Gates from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates ...

Quote:

William Henry Gates III was born in Seattle, Washington to William H. Gates, Jr. (now Sr.) and Mary Maxwell Gates. His family was wealthy; his father was a prominent lawyer, his mother served on the board of directors for First Interstate Bank and The United Way, and her father, J. W. Maxwell, was a national bank president.
This page also gives more details...
"How to become as rich as Bill Gates" - http://philip.greenspun.com/bg/

Apparently both Bill Gates' mother and the CEO of IBM were on the board of United Way - so they knew each other. It was Bill Gates' mother personally knowing the IBM CEO that helped Bill Gates get the deal to produce the operating system for the new IBM PC! (So - to make money the Bill Gates way - you have to have a rich Mom who knows important CEOs on a personal basis!)

Donald Trump was also born rich. His father, Fred Trump, became a millionaire as a real estate developer. So if you want to be rich like Donald Trump, it helps to have an already rich dad - and learn the family business!

You can read more about the wealth of Fred Trump here... http://www.nytimes.com/books/00/12/0...=1&oref=slogin

However, there are others whose examples are easier to replicate. We've talked about many people like this from time to time in the past... One of my personal favorites is Joe Cossman (E. Joseph Cossman), who passed away a few years ago. Michael Dell (of Dell Computer) is another guy who started out from an "ordinary" background, and built himself up through a direct sales model in a growing industry! Kirk Kerkorian is another of the "mega-rich" who built himself up from humble beginnings. And a completely different model is offered by billionaire investor Warren Buffett.

Quote:

If you really wanna help in this world you do so by teaching through example... I have seen more sowpubs that speak true wisdom than I have ever seen come out of either Bill or Donald. :cool:
There is a lot of wisdom here, I agree! I'm grateful that I'm able to be a part of it and learn from the many wise people here myself!

Cheers :)

Dien

MichaelRoss November 23, 2006 01:48 AM

You CAN Replicate Bill Gates or Donald Trump

Dien,

Thanks for providing the Gates/Trump info.

Actually, what they did IS replicatable...

Both of them got rich by...

Using The Resources Available To Them.

And THAT is something we ALL can do.

The Kitchen Gadget Lady use her available resources. The Cheesecake lady did likewise.

Michael Ross

Kbayer November 23, 2006 08:00 AM

Great link! Thanks Duane!!:)

Duane Adolph December 1, 2006 06:54 PM

Hi Infinigeek,

I think you hit the nail on the head when you called them "Characters" and said "they act so rediculous in public".

I believe there is value in their "madness" at the publicity value. I would put Sir Richard Branson's antics in their as well.

I wonder how many millions are theres as a result of these anitcs.
I wonder how many other real estate developers folks could rhyme off the top of their heads.

You mentioned the "Look how good I am THE MIGHTY ME!!!" I read somewhere this attitude was common in great Entrepreneurs, I know it was Dr. Gene Landrum that noted this but I do not recall which book he referenced. I think it was the book by Gene Landrum "Superman Syndrome"

www.genelandrum.com

I think there is a Lot to learn by their antics, heck there's principles to learn just from the fact that they are at the top of their game.

That said, they do Teach through Example...by SHOWING the World what they are doing in their businesses.

I Too have learned a lot from many sowpubbers. AND

I look for the underlying principles that can be applied in my specific situation ie. What Michael referenced in his post.

Thanks for replying

Duane

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinigeek (Post 6830)
Bill Gates is an interesting fellow. along with Donald Trump. Both characters I would have to say I highly disagree with politically and am seriously suprised that they act so rediculous in public. Trump tried to coin the phrase 'You're Fired' I mean who does this guy think he is. Also I was more than a little disappointed that Robert Kiyosaki was so willing to write a book with mr. Trump.

What am I doing about my dislike for mr. Gates? well right now I am typing this on a laptop loaded up with FreeBSD which is the UNIX operating system... and I no longer have a need for Microsoft Office thanks to OpenOffice.org

As for mr. Trump... well I never watched his crappy show. I thought it was stupid.

I dunno/ you guys tell me... I simply don't like people that act as if they are better than you and I simply because they got there faster or to a greater degree.