SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   15 Years Later, Her Tips Booklet Keep On Selling (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1628)

Chuck Huckaby September 6, 2006 11:23 AM

15 Years Later, Her Tips Booklet Keep On Selling

Here's an interesting success story... Paulette Ensign.

http://work-at-home.business-opportu...ps-on-selling/

She got an unexpected start with a small booklet of tips on organizing business life.

It's been reprinted, licensed, and otherwise generating revenue ever since.

She advises people who are long on info and short on customers to use tips booklets as a way to promote their products, services, etc.

Joetrevison September 6, 2006 12:52 PM

Re: 15 Years Later, Her Tips Booklet Keep On Selling

I bought her course. Does it work? I tried but failed. I don't know how or why. That is just life. I have a Three booklets that never did well at all. "115 Marketing and Business Tips", Forging Ahead In Business" and "Seven Steps To Getting Out Of The Grip Of The IRS" Only the "115 Marketing and Business Tips did I do just as she taught. But that still did not work. I am not blaming her it is just me.:)

Take a look at my two great products and see what you thing, one is a software and the other is a book like you never read that can make you a ton of money. Http://www.Joetrevison.com/shop

Chuck Huckaby September 7, 2006 09:57 AM

Her story has inspired me to try a tips booklet... which sounds similiar to Gordon's ideas about "HotSheets" in a way.

It's amazing what "takes off" and what doesn't.

Sandy at Sowpub September 9, 2006 11:52 AM

Your booklet could still be successful

What does "failed" mean? At least you made the booklets. My opinion is that the booklet course is more than just creating a booklet and identifying a market. What the booklet marketing entails is knowledge of copy writing, especially when it comes to titles and having done a lot of research to find out exactly what your market wants and also researching if they want that information in the form of a booklet. Also one has to consider how it is promoted. The booklets are a "tool" and you have to find a market hungry for that tool and can see how it will benefit their business. Since Paulette was the first to promote the booklet concept it makes some sense she would be successful; it seems their was a hungry market for her product. It is likely she could do another booklet campaign and do well because she knows in depth how to find out what people want and to identify if they want a booklet and probably knows how to convince them how this booklet will work for them. Who knows? your booklets may just need a change of name and a hungry market and or a sales technique which involves how your market can use that booklet to make money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetrevison (Post 5171)
I bought her course. Does it work? I tried but failed. I don't know how or why. That is just life. I have a Three booklets that never did well at all. "115 Marketing and Business Tips", Forging Ahead In Business" and "Seven Steps To Getting Out Of The Grip Of The IRS" Only the "115 Marketing and Business Tips did I do just as she taught. But that still did not work. I am not blaming her it is just me.:)

Take a look at my two great products and see what you thing, one is a software and the other is a book like you never read that can make you a ton of money. Http://www.Joetrevison.com/shop

Mike Long September 14, 2006 04:56 PM

I do think that part of it involves being in the right place at the right time.

However, you can certainly increase your odds of being in the right place at the right time by simply taking action every single day that moves you toward your goals.

Over a period of time, you will almost naturally put yourself in situations or circumstances where an opportunity will present itself, and if your active and paying attention to the signs, you'll be able to sieze the opportunity and take full advantage of it, as Paulette did.

It might seem like lightning in a bottle on the surface, but what you don't see is all of the time, effort and dedication that led to her being where she was when the perfect opportunity (for her) presented itself.

~Mike

Joetrevison September 14, 2006 05:09 PM

It could. But I am not following something Jim Straw told me. Use one product and test and test that and see if it sells. Then try another.

Right now I am doing the best book I know about business and it sells for the price of a date and it is in pdf file so you can download quickly the book is "Tested Sentences" I been reading my copy all day and learning. It is a great book. It is by Elmer Wheeler. He is the man who coined the phase "Don't sell the steak-Sell the sizzle" Wow that is something. I heard first in undergraduate school in the 1960's Did not know about Wheeler then. He wrote so many books that I don't have all of them but a lot of them. I only sell two, the other one is "Sizzle: New Tested Sentences"

They are the best in my humble opinion. If you want hard copies for more money amazon.com and other books companies sell hard copies on the net.
:)

Joetrevison September 14, 2006 05:11 PM

I meant I am now doing with Jim Straw advise me.