SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Jay's Blog Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #1 (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9663)

GordonJ October 8, 2016 09:43 AM

Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #1

Sept. 23, 2016 The Fly Low-Collect Dough UPDATE HOTLINE - Gordon Jay Alexander

Episode one. I'm already at the first exit on the POA, ready to throw in the towel and quit. Not sure how long the energy for this will last, but I'll continue to zig zag my way through this.

How did you do on the first quiz? If you have no idea what a POA is, or what the hell I'm talking about, it's OK, I may not know myself.

This so called Newsletter will be kept simple and pithy. It will focus on just a few things.

One, making money in a low key, without fanfare and under the radar sort of a way.
Two, answer your questions as you send them to me.
Three, point out current opportunities.

It will be a combo of old and new, borrowed gold and hues of blue, sounds like a wedding, eh? .

You should have rec'd the two articles, one on multiple streams of income and the other on products vs prospects. There is no right or wrong, just what works for you.

Along the way, I'll refer to the SQ1, the Square One Workshops, the foundation of the Seeds Of Wisdom Forum and my Magnum Opus as seen via my mind's eye.

OK then, recent money grab. Sold a copy of Forbidden Keys to Persuasion by Blair Warren. Actually had a bidding war, but it went along with some “instruction” for 1200 bux. One way to add value to reports, books, or courses you may want to sell, is to offer your personal experience as the back end.

Well, this is enough for now, won't overwhelm anyone. So, what are you doing to fly low and bring in the dough? Any shares can be anonymous or fully credited, your choice. Next episode, answers to any questions you have, plus another example of cash transactions. Today's ZEN (stolen from Jon Stewart and the Daily Show) is: offer your experience along with information for quick cash leveraging.

GJA

www.sowpub.com/sq1 For the SQ1 and the POA

GordonJ October 8, 2016 09:44 AM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #2

Episode 2 Fly Low-Collect Dough UPDATE HOTLINE Gordon Jay Alexander

The GAP and making your banker laugh.

Take 1000 bux to your bank, spread it on your banker's desk, tell him he can use it for a year but then you want 4,000 bux back. Then help him off the floor. He will take your money and in a year give it back plus 15 other dollars too. Today, try to get 1.5% and ONLY deposit a grand.

But it is a safe investment. Or take your 1000 and get a web site, get a product to sell, say for 20 bux and sell 200 of them over the next year. High risk? HARDLY. In fact, I can guarantee it, but I'll get to that in a minute. Easiest way to turn 1k into 4k, which could become your 401K

You could buy lottery tickets, bet on your fantasy team or do Forex if you don't mind losing it all.

Or you could make 8 to 10 CHATTEL transactions and turn the 1000 dollars into 6-10 grand without much sweat or effort, and it can be scaled from there.

Bernie MADOFF found tons of suckers at 12% and higher interest rates, he was a magician. Or a con man? OH, wait, pure con.

Personally I think banks are cons too. They fool millions of people to deposit money in their safe CD's and/or as we once called them Christmas Savings Accounts. But I want to talk today about the gap.

There is a gap, and if you learn how to stand in the gap, the area in between supply and demand, you can create money almost out of thin air. It is done millions of time a day on eBay and Craigslist.

We in business like to call that gap PROFITS. And, there is UNLIMITED demand for stuff, especially in USA. And people paying cash for stuff. If you were to take that 1000 dollars and bought a pair of Nike Marty McFly back to the future sneakers (HA, try to find em for that)...you could very quickly double or even triple your money.

See, we pay for what we want. But you don't have to try to get in on the latest hot items, you can find stuff for sale 365 days a year on Craigslist and eBay, and flip it and sell it for a profit. You COULD turn that 1k bux into 8 to 12 over a year, but, yet, I know you won't. Because it is work and you have to keep at it.

Today's idea, your seed of ZEN is, be in the middle of a transaction and collect your fee. No license required to buy over there and sell over here and pocket the profit. I'm sure next installment will have a lot of questions, so ask away.

Now about the deal. Look, I'd prefer you do everything by yourself and leave me alone. BUT, if you want to invest your 1000 bux in a web site which will return you $4,000.00 in the next year, here is what I can do for you.

1- For 250 bux I'll advise you and help you get it set up, but I won't do it for you. I'll help you write a report or two and try to get a 20 buck avg transaction. I'll help you write ads and see it through to help you get the 200 sales you need, including running a blurb here in the newsletter. AGAIN, you don't need me, please do it on your own if you can. But, I will assist if your check don't bounce...HA!

OR 2. I'll do it for you. 1500 bux, one time up front fee only. IF at the end of the year, you don't reach 4 grand, then I'll give you your grand back. I'll keep the 500 for my time. BUT, you must qualify, I don't want to do certain types of projects, so talk first, chances are I'll try to persuade you to do it on your own, but if you have something either in my wheelhouse or of interest, I'll consider it.

NOW, here are the Q and A so far, and I'll keep these as current as I can. The sooner you get them to me, [email protected] Use FLY LOW in the header so I know. I'll keep my answers short and sweet and don't forget we have a forum too, to ask, answer and participate in, fair enough.

From N.J. (Note, if you want your name used, just say so, and if you have a website, include the url and I'll link to it, my gift to you for participating).

Q. Do you still do the mini seminars you talked about in multiple streams?

A. No, and yes. I haven't done any in awhile, tested some things last year on craigslist, but I'm working with my daughter who is a corporate trainer and we're perfecting the one day training workshop, with a working title of Presentation Improv. I have done some one to one and a couple of small groups through the library. It is still a good way to make a week's income on a Saturday morning.

Would you like to see more on Mini Workshops and one day seminars? Let me know.

Q. Are you cleaning headlights? (Question from N.D. Don't know anyone there, hmmm?)

A. No, but I have trained several people and they are doing as well as they want. For those who don't know, I helped Bud Riggs of Carlsbad, NM write a manual on Headlight Cleaning and “The Boz” as I called him sold over 25 thousand dollars of that report in 30 days. He charged 97 dollars, and sold 103 on his first day. Beats the bank CD by a mile, eh?

Q. Do you still think both products and prospects first is a good way or have you chosen one over the other? (Ray from S. CA.)

A. I still like to create. BUT, when I work with other people, it is always finding a market, niche or a group of hungry buyers first. It just makes life easier for everyone. See, I feed my creativity in other ways. I've created a few games, actually sold two off, and still like to come up with ideas. I do a small amount of consulting on golf, but very little. I think most of the readers would be better off starting with PROSPECTS, finding lists and acquiring or creating (or having created for you) is the safest and fastest way to go.

Also, I'm still very much into creating INFORMATION products as I have done for the last three decades of online activity.

Q. What sort of chattel do you buy?

A. I surf craigslist by dollars, rarely items. But I do like office equipment, like commercial printers with collators and folders, I can offer them as a business package with some information how to. Also, there is a long parade of fools wanting to start restaurants, so that is an evergreen deal, cause a year later, they have stuff for sale at a discount.

That's all this episode. Send questions or topics to [email protected] Header: FLY LOW. gja

GordonJ October 8, 2016 09:45 AM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #3

Episode 3 Fly Low-Collect Dough UPDATE HOTLINE Gordon Jay Alexander

I see from my mail... You want more about one day workshops, copywriting and chatteling at higher rates. OK, we'll tackle these.

Your questions will fuel this newsletter, nothing in particular I have the need to tell you, will try to share all new things I and you find.

One day workshops. Some of you remember this from 20 years ago, I created my golf audio programs from doing these one day workshops and it paid in spades. Today, having tested Craigslist this past winter, friends, there is a huge opportunity for fast money. Consider the Craigslist ads are free.

You can read a couple of the ads I ran here: http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37215

You need a place, my library is great they have rooms on a first come first serve effort, although they frown on paid things. But I normally hold the first meeting there or just call it tutoring. Other free locations could be churches (also a good source of customers) fraternal clubs, rent by the hour office spaces, some restaurants have meeting rooms, some schools and community centers also have rooms.

You need a subject. YOU have at least one and probably several. YOU have experience in some areas which other people would want and they are willing to pay for. My kid is a professional trainer and has worked at one of New York City's largest training businesses where she teaches professionals how to make presentations. They pay thousands of dollars for this. Recently she has been doing these little one day workshops, and testing prices. You can get more at 35 dollars, and it is a good starting point if you have a back end, or stick with 50 or 100. I like 125 for the more technical or specialized workshops.

OH, as an aside, I could help you develop your own proprietary course, one which you might even want to license to other people to use. We may be licensing ours soon too. Email me, we'll talk about some ideas.

Quick story. Annie Hershey was my astrology teacher. She went on 2 free cruises a year with her husband. The cruise ship hired her, paid for her transportation, gave them a nice suite, and she would do astrology readings a couple hours a day for the passengers. She was a colorful character and they loved her. Likewise, I know a Tarot Card reader who did the same thing. Cruise ships love to offer unusual entertainment. If you have something like this in your repertoire, then check into it.

Several years ago I took a handwriting course, and if I wanted, could offer that as a workshop too.

Ask your questions about One Day Workshops and I'll do my best to answer them in future episodes.

Here are the Q and A from the first two episodes. Again, anonymous if you want, or a name and URL link if you want. I'm flexible.

Q. How do I use the POA and SQ1 to make money?

A. Great question. Here is a link to the answer: http://www.sowpub.com/gordon/financialpicto.gif

The financial pictogrigm shows some of the most popular sources of income. We see work at the top and this is what most people do to make their money. It comes down to exchanging value, and there are the following things to consider; demand, supply, toll position, delivery, quality and economies of the demand/supply.

The reason a bench warmer for an NBA team is making millions of dollars because the demand for NBA basketball is so huge. Compare to the demand for professional woman's basketball, which is very low. Sure a good teacher who influences lives is woefully underpaid, but a guy who can throw a 98 mph fastball in the strike zone is going to make millions of dollars.

So, you have to start with DEMAND and the markets. Look over the financial pictogrigm and if you have questions, I'll answer them.

Q. What toys did you create and how did you sell them?\

A. One was called Froggin Poggin, back when pogs were popular. It was basically a pog with a Velcro strip on it, and a paddle ball with a Velcro strip and the player could throw the ball to turn them over and then pick up the pogs. Sold it to a guy who saw us demonstrate it at a toy show. The other was a flying bean bag game. The bags were round, the “Alien” was stick in the ground or lay on the ground and the player flew the bean bags like a Frisbee into it's mouth or when on the ground could toss or roll it in. Again, it sold at a toy fair. I probably should have developed these myself, I feel they could have been bigger, but sometimes distribution and testing are too costly for the developer, so why not let the deep pockets do it?

Also, I have a couple of games up on the shelf, one is called Roll Boll, a ball slightly smaller than a boccie ball is rolled to a hole like in miniature golf. Our test set up had every hole a hole in one possibility, so the player either got a 1 or 2 on their scorecard. Also, have a golf game too.

Q. What is the deal on postcards you've talked about at SowPub and Warrior Forum?

A. Found out there is too much running around, so sticking with businesses already spending bigger money on advertising, like full pages in the “Yellow pages”, or on billboards. They get up to 13,000 bux a month for one billboard on the busy expressway. THOSE are the guys I'll offer to do a giant postcard to an area for about 2500 to 2800 all inclusive and pocket 1000 bux and let another company do all the work. Won't leave the house if it doesn't have 1000 bux profit in it.

Q. Is Harvey Brody ever going to get a new product out?

A. I don't know, but I highly doubt it. Look, there is a ton of info out there already and if you have any questions, Dien and I are as familiar as anyone with Harvey's methods. What most people don't get, it comes down to mindset, not a step by step instruction.

OK. Let me know what I can address and discuss in future episodes, OK?

Thanks for listening.

Gordon Jay Alexander

GordonJ October 8, 2016 09:46 AM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #4

Episode 4. FLY LOW-COLLECT DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE Gordon Jay Alexander

Yes, I will include your URL and your name if you want when you ask a question, but my default is to just put a state and not anything else.

So, let's begin with the Q and A.

Q. How do you shop for prices on Craigslist?

A. Go to Craigslist Put FOR SALE in search, then a dollar range, try 249 to 399. See what comes up. Then raise it by 100 bux, go from 399 to 499, etc. Don't skip those with no pics, sometimes they just don't have any (and sometimes trying to sneak one over on CL). Now keep tabs open on Google, Amazon on Ebay. Look for the same item on eBay and only look at sold listings. Then search Google (Shopping) and Amazon to see new and used prices.

If there is a gap, your Craigslist listing is far below the eBay prices, you may have a stored value product.

Q. Can I buy on Amazon and sell locally?

A. Absolutely. Here is an example. I found a Honda eu20001 on Craigslist for 700 bux and after checking what was sold, it wasn't a bad price. Then I found a guy, an Amazon dealer, who was selling his stock at 500 bux and FREE shipping. I ordered one. Let you know how it works. See, I can probably flip in the morning it arrives for 150 dollar profit. These things exists, being a member of several Facebook Amazon Sellers groups helps. If I said it once, I've uttered it a million times, BUILD NETWORKS. With Winter coming, I hope to source several generators and space heaters.

Q. How do I write up an Option Contract on higher priced chattel?

A. Standard answer is, this what your business attorney is for. But, it isn't rocket science. Bigger things, mobile homes, boats, airplanes have an instrument known as a Chattel Mortgage. My friend Bud Riggs (The Boz), was an expert at these and airplanes. He was a pilot and a plane mechanic and it was not uncommon for him to flip a plane and pocket several thousands of dollars. And he also bartered.

But do a Google search, here is one site which offers all kinds of contracts you can print: https://www.printablecontracts.com/

If you want more info on options on chattel (mainly used for Finder's Fees), just let me know.

Q. Can you give examples of Value Added Chatteling?

A. Sure. Sell a biz plan along with your chattel. If you find a good buy on a serger (embroidery sewing machine) and offer it with plans, like “Daddy's Pillow”. A friend made custom pillows for my kids when they were young kids, and they still have them. The pillows were giant washcloths sewn together stuffed with nylon hose from the defect isle, and custom embroidered. These sell on Betsy from 25 to 100 dollars. About 30 min of research and a little report or just links, adds value to the sewing machine. So, when you sell something, think of ways it can be used to make money and add that value on your ad.

OK. Send your questions to [email protected] Be sure to put FLY LOW in the subject.

Today, the last quarter has begun and for many businesses this is Profit time. I used to work at the Hickory Farms kiosk every year and they made their money for the year I the those few weeks between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Halloween has become a huge business, with pop-up costume shops (by the way, a well maintained costume/mascot shop is a pretty good side business, I worked at one) and candy, and yard decorations, and haunted houses, haunted schools and haunted farms are all raking in the dough.

This season will come again next year, and the year after, and the time to cash in is now, for next year. I see too many people waiting until the event arrives and then try to figure out how to make money.

Right now, I'm working on projects for the 50th anniversary of the Lunar Landing, and that is 3 years away. We hope to make a killing.

Election season is almost over, but NOW is when the yard signs pop up, the billboards are covered with political ads, the mailboxes are filled with giant postcards. We've done pretty well this season, there will be another Presidential election in 4 years. And several local ones before then.

HOT item coming our way. The FOOD truck.
Sure, it has been a staple for a long time, and I've written about it over a decade ago, a friend in Kent had a food truck outside the bars, and he ran ice cream too.
We had a Mister Softee truck but my dad couldn't figure out how to keep us from buying friends (and giving away profits) so he sold it off. I saw a freezer for sale on Craigslist and I'm buying it, it is a rare find at 110 and not 220, and with the little Honda Generator I could offer Ice Cream anywhere. I used to buy stuff from GFS Marketplace and mark it up 100%.

Anyhow, as we see more Chipotle type food incidents, and people avoiding these things or boycotting certain ones, there is a rise in a TRUCK DATE. Take your date out to a Food Truck event, in fact, I've heard about a new dating service, sort of a speed dating thing, set up at one of these Food Truck days.

Mark these words, mobile food and FRANCHISES for them, are about to explode. Food for thought and profits!

Gordon [email protected]

unpinkpanther October 8, 2016 10:57 PM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #2

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 37283)
Episode 2 Fly Low-Collect Dough UPDATE HOTLINE Gordon Jay Alexander

The GAP and making your banker laugh.

Take 1000 bux to your bank, spread it on your banker's desk, tell him he can use it for a year but then you want 4,000 bux back. Then help him off the floor.

Cracks me up every time...

GordonJ October 12, 2016 09:08 AM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #5

Episode 5... The FLY LOW-COLLECT DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE by Gordon Jay Alexander

In this episode, Q and A, circulation vs storage and other stuff.

From “LD” in AZ comes this giggle:

Hey Gordon, I want to fly low, so don't use my name, OK? OK “Larry David” I won't. But, for those who want, I will put your name and your url and a link to your website if you ask a question used in the newsletter, fair enough George Costanza? HA!

His Question: When to use a sub-domain or have it's own domain on an APV site? (Automatic Product Vending).

A. If your product can stand on it's own, that is, has a niche within a market then a designated url might work best for SEO. If it is part of a series or within a niche, then a sub-domain is fine.

From SP in NY: What is your most profitable one day workshop?

A. Well, there are two kinds of profits, the immediate fee, which is a high for me of 1,000 for a personalized version of Human Fascination, which isn't taught very often, to longer time frame profits, which I either work with or continue to advise people on their chatteling, which they pay anywhere from 50 to 125 to learn.

********** COMMENT. I find when I have an APV product to show to people, and they will get that product as part of the class, then it increases sign-ups.

Q. How do I use the SQ1 to find my true love or soul mate?

A. What you are seeking is seeking you. Be the person they are looking for, it makes the whole thing much easier. (This applies to marketing too, be the sought after).

Now, onward.

Circulation vs Storage. One of my favorite themes. Stuff in your garage, attic, basement isn't making you any money and so it is why I harp on buying and selling for a QUICK profit, and not for a bigger profit. Time and time again, I talk to people who tell me, “but it is worth more than that”, and of course you can do as you please...

but the TIME wasted to get that MORE from it, is time your money could have circulated into more transactions. If speed is a motivator, do more transactions for less profit, but be quick about it.

Choosing money making and fly low projects which go against your personality is a fast track to failure and frustration. Don't decide to sell something door to door if you just can't do it.

Not knowing yourself and what you want is one of the primary causes of shiny object and unicorn chasing.

Know what you want, and then do what it takes.

That's all today. Gordon Jay

GordonJ October 16, 2016 09:56 AM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #6

Episode 6. Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE – Gordon Jay Alexander

Lost treasures. I spent almost a year between 2007-2008 working for SCI on a special project, an update of the best seller, 7 Steps to Freedom II book by Ben Suarez. I was working with Harvey Brody and Ben to bring a new product to market.

I was on a monthly retainer and had spent a lot of time and effort on the Income and Happiness project, some of you were “test” subjects. There was a report, a front end piece and a few of you have read it, but, alas, the project got canceled before it was officially launched.

Too bad. For you. And me. Although I had been well paid for my efforts, the idea of new material coming out of Harvey Brody and Ben Suarez was an exciting thought. And both men had a lot to share, comparing their old ways with what they were doing then in 2008.

In the original 7 Steps book, which I edited I believe for the last time, in 1997, had Ben talking about being able to beat the 400 pound gorilla bully marketer with speed. The irony is he created a 700 pound gorilla which to this day has been unable to sell a digital product online, even though Ben wrote the book on it in 1994, while he was still in the computer business.

As the featured writer for the NPGS update hotline, I got a lot of mail from subscribers who were testing on AOL, CompuServe and on the BBS (bulletin boards), as I had used since 1985. One guy, Marlon Sanders, wrote he was having some good results with his tests. We featured Marlon in one of the issues of the Newsletter.

Since that time, Marlon Sanders has amassed a fortune doing what Ben Suarez has never been able to do, selling electrons.

I'm bringing this to your attention for a simple reason, STOP, and ask yourself why you don't (IF you don't) have an AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING site set up and running on autopilot as the dreams of the early 1990's had us believing was a possibility. For Marlon Sanders, 20 years of selling information, for Ben Suarez, 20 years of NOT selling anything digital. Although, during this time Ben has sold a BILLION dollars of just one product, the EdenPure Space heater, so don't feel too bad for him.

This is going to be the last year I put my attention on selling information on the Internet. As most of you know, or will now...I'm focusing on my stories for the giant content consumers known as Entertainment, especially Hollywood and TV.

We've done pretty well online, despite not joining any syndicates, groups or having become a name brand guru. I don't care for most of the IM crowd of gurus, but there are a few, like Marlon Sanders who have been delivering quality information for years now.

I like Jimmy Buffet but not the “parrot heads” of IM, and especially the foul mouthed marketers who spew their get rich at any cost pablam to the wannabe masses.

We have created a large archive at Seeds of Wisdom forum these last 16 years, have given away a lot of content, shared ideas and both Dien Rice and myself have profited from it.

Have you?

Or a better question might be will you?

Are you continuously profiting from work you did a decade ago, like we still are? Do you have auto pilot income streams as part of your overall strategy?

If so, keep going and expand to Absentee Cash Cows, or add on more APVs, and focus more time on other activities.

So, this episode, #6, has one key idea to take away: Having a great idea (Ben Suarez) is not the same thing as IMPLEMENTING a great idea (Marlon Sanders).

Have you IMPLEMENTED your great ideas? If so, feel free to share, if not, feel free to share why not.

Now for this episodes Q and A. Only a couple;

Q: From JS in CA; I'm studying copywriting, how do I get jobs?

A. Well, you probably won't like my advice, but here goes. Call me. Let's talk. I think the fastest way to learn how to sell something is by actually selling something. And, also, it will help you to land other jobs too. I think everyone reading this has a special report, at the minimum, inside their head.

It is a stored value idea. I helped Bud Riggs make over 20 thousand dollars with his Headlight Cleaning Manual, and Skip Rosell with his craigslist report and many others, some of you reading this...with getting ideas out of your head and into the market. Well, I'm wrapping those days up and soon won't have anytime to do this.

Want to be a copywriter who gets hired?

Write a report.
Write the copy to sell the report.
Write a backend, upsell or followup. LEARN BY DOING. Prove to yourself you can write to sell and then let other people know, and you will get jobs and you learn to parlay on them.

Q: Have you considered a franchise for your Square One Workshops? asks David in S. Carolina.

A. NO, they aren't suited to that (I don't think). But that does raise a question. Franchises and biz ops. My friend Steve DiMarco in Rochester NY is an expert on low cost franchises and business op, if interested I'll ask him about the latest and greatest. He does do some consulting if you are serious about franchising.

David in SC, I'm curious about how you think the SQ1 would be franchised, what gave you that thought?

OK, this episode, THINK (get good ideas) but then IMPLEMENT (or hire someone to help you).

[email protected]

Gordon Jay Alexander

GordonJ October 19, 2016 09:30 AM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #7

Episode 7 Fly Low Collect the Dough Update Hotline Gordon Jay Alexander

Short, sweet and simple today. My newest ad for a workshop.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/biz/5823376403.html

I should have several more up soon. In the next few issues I will address how to set a class up, how to prepare for it and more, it seems to be a hot topic for now.

Q. John D. of PA asks; “Do you offer a course on Fascination?”

A. Not at this time. I need to be with the person, can't teach over skype (at this time).

Q. From Tim in Nebraska (another state I didn't know anyone from) asks:
You don't like Wordpress, why and what do you use instead?

A. It is ok if you know how to use it, my Doom, Gloom and Bliss blog was run on it for a couple of years. But, I know how to use it, for a beginner, who knows nothing about it, there are too many speedbumps with it.

I'm a 30 days to profit guy, and my main thing, my mantra, my preaching to the choir routine is,

build an Automatic Product Vending site (or let me do it) and focus on traffic and sales.

Last thought.

The Net Profit Generator System has four parts.

Prospect—Product--Promotion--Media and they all have equal weight.

Send your questions to [email protected]

Gordon Jay Alexander

GordonJ October 26, 2016 10:49 AM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #8

8 Episode 8 Gordon Jay Alexander's Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE.

A short clip of Jennifer Lawrence from Winter's Bone. She is teaching her young brother how to skin a squirrel. She makes him pull out the guts, and he asks, “do we eat these parts?” to which she replies, “not yet”.
https://youtu.be/HrYqXLS7qiU

I'm a fan, although with the caveat she's been miscast and needs to stay away from Bradley Cooper and his cronies for awhile, anyhow, this scene sums up the whole movie, two words reveal the desperation, two little words, “NOT YET” carry the weight of both things to come and what might be. It is a powerful scene.

Today, some power words and a few “guts” which I don't eat.

When browsing Craigslist for bargains, I like Must Sell, Divorce, Moving, Estate...these words may carry a desperate connotation, it is up to me to decipher my inferences and I've gotten pretty good at it. These words can often mean, stored value or reduced price and can result in quick profits. I also use some of these power words as bait in my Craigslist trap too.

And the “guts” I don't eat...ATFP. Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and ****.

Not long ago my late older brother's best friend passed away. His name was Fred Caruso, a Vietnam Army vet, a victim of Agent Orange and an avid gun enthusiast. There was a time, long ago, when I would go with Fred to gun shows, I remember one in Pittsburgh, and thanks to Fred's expertise, I came home with about 4.5k profit, not bad for a Saturday morning, eh?

I don't do guns anymore, nor ATP, although they are huge and lucrative markets with many niches in each one. I don't offer up judgments on anyone doing anything legal. My Uncle, Bill Huff, was a longtime President of the Goodyear Hunting and Fishing Club and local NRA chapters, who used to take my older brother and I out shooting, before my cousin was born.

Likewise, I did go squirrel and rabbit hunting with my Uncle Frank Yoder, the original dumb ol dirt farmer and like JLaw's young siblings, I liked my squirrel fried.

There are thousands of dollars being made by people who buy and sell guns, operate liquor and tobacco stores and **** remains one of the great oceans of the Internet just as I wrote about it 19 years ago.

Today, in every city, and most small towns the kids who can afford the Yeezy sneakers are dealing drugs, lots of weed and opiates out there. In the states where weed is legal (to an extent) growers and hemp farmers are part of the new gold rush.

Besides any moral issues I might have with the above markets, here is something to consider. In 18 years of selling the Chattel Report; The Sprint to Freedom via an Automatic Product Vending site, I've not had to reload, re roll, or restock.

Even the simplest of transactions, buying a bag of weed from the local Junior High Student, is a process of supply/demand. DRUGS are the biggest industry in the world, street and Big Pharm combined, both can be a get rich (er) quick, look at the cost of EpiPens recently to see how even Big Pharm can make a fast score.

There are 1001 ways to make a buck, legal and not, and the underground economy may be the only economy in many people's future. Before anyone of you get to the point of “Not yet” and have to fry the innards, get your AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING SITE set up and running on autopilot and keep the money pouring in. There will soon be a major Facebook blowup (over their bait ads leading to locked browsers and scams) and we're going to see some major changes. Are you ready for the future?

Please don't say, NOT YET.

No questions came in, therefore, I have no answers.

Send your questions, comments and queries to [email protected] and be sure to put FLY LOW in the subject header.

Gordon Jay Alexander

GordonJ October 26, 2016 10:50 AM

Re: Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #9

Episode 9 Gordon Jay Alexander's Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE

Today: Gambling. One of my lottery clubs is at 29% ROI for this year. We'll double down in the next two months to see if we can get it down to 14% or explode, one or the other. Before I get too far into this episode, let me give you a brief background.

Harvey Brody, Melvin Powers and Joe Karbo all published books on gambling, it has been a staple of publishers for decades. In the 1990's, Ken Silver published a report on winning the lottery, and around the same time Bill Myers created one of his earlier pieces of software to create “instant” websites.

My first lottery web site was up in 1999. So, I'm not a Johnny come lately to the whole lottery/gambling niche. I know many professional gamblers, and most of them are fly low and collect the dough types. You won't find them involved in lawsuits about “cheating” at blackjack, by counting cards. What a rigged system, step into a Trump casino (do any exist anymore) and be aware of what cards have been played, and YOU are the cheater? Really??

Anyhow, what I want to get across in this episode are the little unusual ways to use other people's money to get what you want while helping them get what they want too. Sound fair?

A “few” of you know of my lottery clubs because you are members, unlike Ken Silver who took his club huge, and has made millions from his MEMBERS, I've kept mine small, intimate and mostly local. My three digit group (12) each puts in 100 bux on the first of the month, and it roughly translates to about 40 dollars a day, but it never is exact. This is the group at 29% ROI, so far this year.

As “manager” of the group, I do not put money in, but I get a share of all winnings.

Back in 1987 I wrote a report, How to Start a Cult for Fun and Profit, and it brought a lot of rage and discussion in the old Newsgroups, as they were in those days, and I might have been the first spammer trying to “commercialize” the Online groups (Oh, those good old days). Not much difference between a cult and a club, or in modern IM terms, a MEMBERSHIP site. Bill Myers has had a paid membership site since 1997 (If memory serves) and back then he was getting $1,000.00 a year for his Idea Bank. Great stuff.

So, whatever you are interested in, consider starting a local club, with PAID MEMBERS. Find 20 people and set fees at 20 bux a month, and parlay that 400 dollars into even bigger results.

One of my classmates won the Rolling Cash 5 for over 100 grand. The manager of the little Circle K up the street has won over 200 k in Ohio lotteries, and this lucky little store is where many of my “club” go to buy their tickets. Like attracts like and luck attract lucks, or so we believe. There is something to be said about hanging out with winners, no matter what your field of interest. Just makes sense.

So what kind of a club could you start?
A hunting and fishing club? A golf club? Bowling? Marketing? Internet Marketing? Book? Restaurant? There are all kinds of possibilities, so put your thinking cap on and ask yourself, what do you love to study, do, what hobbies or interests do you have and how can you profit from like minded people? My brother does pretty well with his fantasy football team (hint, he NEVER bets on the Browns, HA!)

Clubs, cults or membership groups. You've got several in you, get them out and share your passion.

OK. Only a couple of Questions this Episode.

From Larry in FL comes; Gordon, I work on cars, what can I do for extra money?

A. Larry, my natural inclination is to tell you to add car detailing and headlight cleaning, but in your case, with a shop and tools, I'll give you a secret NO one else is doing. Attend your auctions, look for soccer mom vans, buy them...and convert them to STEALTH RV's. Many guys and couples would want something like this to travel around without announcing to the world they are living in an RV. There are many free videos you can watch on YouTube which shows you what to add. If you want, put on a pop up top, and really increase the value. Good luck. OH, and add car detailing and headlight cleaning.

Q. From Sharon in New Jersey; Gordon, I read somewhere about your jewelry business, how did it work?

A. Sharon, wow, you must have gotten hold of ancient Gordon stuff. Let me tell you how my friend Phyllis did it, she was more successful than I was. She did wire wrap. Set up small displays in beauty shops, recruited the people in these shops to sell for her and do home parties. She could have gone full time if she had wanted. Nothing beats a class on how to make a piece, which they take home and some on-site stuff they buy. Try it, you may love it. I know she did.

That's all this episode. Send questions to [email protected] be sure to put FLY LOW in the subject header so I see it.

Gordon Jay Alexander