SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who wants to make $500.00 next week? The best Biz-Op since headlight cleaning. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10349)

GordonJ April 18, 2019 11:32 AM

Who wants to make $500.00 next week? The best Biz-Op since headlight cleaning.

It has been a few years since I did the HEADLIGHT CLEANING manual with Bud Riggs. The quick version is, Bud was making about 400 bux a week working about 10 hours a week, at a car wash, cleaning headlights. I went to Carlsbad, N.M. and spent a couple of months on his 200 acre desert paradise.

We created the headlight cleaning manual based on what Bud was ACTUALLY doing. Not a drop of theory. All steps verified, videotaped and assembled.

There are lots of so-called Biz-Ops online, you can't swing a live cat without knocking down several of the HOTTEST ones, like the Digital Agency, or the Facebook Ads, or pick your own.

Most of these are BLAH, blah, blah to me. I want to see results which can be duplicated. I look for people actually out there, in the trenches, doing what they say they are doing and not just selling some idea or manual. Sure, nothing wrong with selling information on businesses, we do it here.

But it is rare to find someone DOING something and having success, that is, SUSTAINED success over a long period of time. By the time I went out to Carlsbad, Bud had been cleaning headlights for a couple of years.

That, to me, is proof of concept. So, recently I asked a couple of Gurus, some of them being touted at the WF, how long it took them to make their first 500 bux and at what cost.

Most ignored me. Truth is, you can't start a Digital Agency for nothing and put 500 bux in your pocket next week.

If you have done so, please prove me wrong, fair enough?

Now some proof.

Years and years ago I was having beautiful wooden restaurant daily special menu boards created and I sold ads on them. It was profitable, until it wasn't. So I moved on.

TODAY, RIGHT NOW, there is a guy in Rochester, N.Y. who is giving away FREE chalk boards to restaurants and making a living DOING it by selling advertising.

Here are pics of just two of his boards, done in the last couple of months.

And.

The guy doing it is old friend of the forum, Steve DiMarco. Steve and I collaborated several years ago on the Absentee Cash Cow report, when Steve was in the nut business. Even back then, he was a print broker, and was offering postcards, specialty items, and doing business.

He is a postcard and a Co-op Advertising expert. Here is a pic of the work he has done this past year.

Notice the wide variety of projects, from single advertiser post card, to pizza menus, to co-op cards, etc.

He could coach you on how to do any of them. But, he advises TODAY, April 18, 2019 if you want to make some fast cash...

FAST BEING 500 BUX IN A WEEK...if that isn't fast for you, never mind...

Steve advises you cash in on the hottest old trend, CHALK boards in restaurants. These light weight chalk boards are easy to display and with only 3 or 4 advertisers on them, quick to do. The fastest chalk board he has done took less than a single morning (but he admits to getting lucky because the restaurant handed him the advertisers on a silver platter).

But working only a few hours a morning, Steve feels anyone can do at least one per week. But he is, like Bud Riggs was, a tad on the old and lazy side of life. HA!

Sure, he still does the 9x12 giant postcards, and menus, and whatever people want, as well as doing some specialty printing jobs. He's got customers from the past two decades.

But after his morning success of GIVING AWAY A FREE CHALK board, and getting some very quick results, he is now concentrating his time on doing this.

Consider an advertiser who might pay 395.00 to be on a 9X12 EDDM postcard mailing of 5000 cards along with 13 other advertisers...don't you think that same advertiser would be interested in being in a popular restaurant for the NEXT YEAR, and be seen over and over and over again?

Of course he would. Wouldn't you?

I talked to Steve this morning, and he is reluctant to take on too many people who need coaching. He's busy DOING it himself. So I told him I would be sure to put up some DISCOURAGING words for the many IM wannabees.

IF you want to sit at a computer all day. NOT FOR YOU.
IF you want to sell ads by email. NOT FOR YOU.
IF you are afraid of people, afraid to leave the house. NOT FOR YOU.
IF you are afraid to walk into a restaurant and offer a FREE chalk board...NOT FOR YOU.

This is a SIMPLE business, albeit, not easy...it isn't easy BECAUSE so many people are terrified with the idea of selling, of calling on businesses, or have such low self esteem they can't deal. For you it would be HARD, TERRIBLY hard.

But. For some of you. Maybe. If you can follow directions, follow the scripts, make adjustments for your areas, are not afraid of people or the idea of selling doesn't make you crap your pants. Then this COULD be for you.

If you're still interested, then read the follow-up. If not, have a nice day, OK?

GordonJ

Dien Rice April 18, 2019 12:18 PM

Re: Who wants to make $500.00 next week? The best Biz-Op since headlight cleaning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 39774)
TODAY, RIGHT NOW, there is a guy in Rochester, N.Y. who is giving away FREE chalk boards to restaurants and making a living DOING it by selling advertising.

Sounds great! One thing I like is, once you're dealing with restaurants, there are other things you can sell to them (or profitably give to them) too...

I wish I had more time on my hands... :)

- Dien

GordonJ April 18, 2019 12:30 PM

Follow up to CHALK BOARD PROFITS.

OK then, either you are curious and I'll satisfy that right now, or you are looking for a realistic,

tested and proven,
factual,

with tons of evidence and expert guidance and coaching

business Money making opportunity. Here it is:

To DO this business you will need a sample board. Steve is willing to provide you with one.

YOU have to leave your house, go into a restaurant, maybe several of them, and ask if they want a FREE CHALK BOARD for their daily specials. If they say yes, you ask them for their insurance agent, banker, plumber, or any other business they know which MIGHT want an exclusive spot on the board.

Steve says the ideal is to get 4 ads, but only 3 will put 500 bux into your pocket, heck, even only ONE ad could put cash in your pocket.

But here are a few of the sticking points with postcards and all co-op advertising selling.

You need a designer. (Steve has one you can use).
You need a printer. (Steve takes care of all the printing.)
You need forms and sign up sheets, deposit slips. (Steve provides all this).

So here is the BIZ OP, to either satisfy your curiosity or to see if you are interested.

The cost? 299.00 bux. This gives you the sample board, and direct coaching from Steve, from start to finish, and with his help, you can grow this into a very lucrative part-time or full time business. If you are younger and hungry, there isn't any reason you couldn't get a few of them started every week. Unless of course you live in the wilderness and don't have any restaurants around.

Do this now. Go to Google. Type in restaurants near me, and see what pops up.

There is your market. Now maybe you don't need coaching or support. Fine, Steve will send you a sample board for 125 dollars. But I strongly advise you consider his offer.

He KNOWS what he is doing. HOW to do it. What to say. How to get ADVERTISERS. How to get the boards out quickly.

Like Bud Riggs, Steve is a DOER. Because he is in the trenches daily, his time is limited to the number of people he can coach.

The ideal candidate for his coaching services is ready to go. Has a decent size area where he/she could possibly do at least one board a week, or more. Now he won't get into it here, or won't allow me to discuss it...but restaurants are NOT THE ONLY PLACE TO PUT UP CHALK BOARDS.

And because he has 25 years experience in the print game, plus all the ad sales he's done the last few years...he may allow his DOERS, other print opportunities too. Like the pizza menu, or the HOST/ADVERTISING gigs.

But for now, today, APRIL 18, 2019 he is focused on CHALK BOARDS.

It will cost you 299 bux to go full steam ahead. 125 for a sample board, or if you just want to start a convo, or have questions, you can send them to me.

I'm privy on what Steve is doing, and how, and I can help YOU and HIM, by being the doorway. No sense you going through it if you are not right for it, right?

So, you can also ask questions here. I'll answer them or get the answers from Steve.

There you have it. The best Biz-Op from a DOER since cleaning headlights (which a few of you are still doing) and one of the fastest ways of putting $500.00 in your pocket next week.

What questions do you have?

GordonJ

GordonJ April 18, 2019 12:38 PM

Yes sir, we all need more time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 39776)
Sounds great! One thing I like is, once you're dealing with restaurants, there are other things you can sell to them (or profitably give to them) too...

- Dien

Mugs. STILL!! With ads on them.
Placemats. With ads on them.
Menus.

Loyalty cards.

Birthday clubs.

Special events.

Yes sir, yes sir, once you have a restaurant as a satisfied customer, the leverage for other profits is outstanding.

And there is a way to get mini chalk boards to give to the kids with chalk while they are waiting. Make sure to give them a moist towlette too (with an ad on it???).

Gordon

PS. When you solve string theory, and the black hole deal, can you work on getting us all a little more time? It would be appreciated.

GordonJ April 19, 2019 11:59 AM

The IDEAL quick and easy Chalk Board.

This board has a banner ad, 450 to 500. How many Realtors are on a billboard
in your area? They pay thousands for 30 days.

The other ads are 350, in this case. So FOUR ads.

1500 dollars. The 3 ads are less than a DOLLAR a day.

This has a week's paycheck of profit,
for the AVG. American worker.

But, you do need to talk to people.

FREE to restaurant. Banner for RE, Banks, Insurance, etc.
3 Ads for local or service businesses the restaurant might use.

Questions?

Gordon

GordonJ April 21, 2019 10:54 AM

Hey Dien, great HOTSHEET find in your newsletter...THANKS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 39776)

- Dien

Glad to see the EH back in my email. ENTREPRENEUR'S HOTSHEET.

http://www.sowpub.com/entrhotsheet.shtml

In current issue Dien has a link to this:
https://bit.ly/2IxiBCe

A HOTSHEET with a lot of ideas for making some moolah.

Thanks Dien, we should create one of those from all of our posts here.

Gordon

Dien Rice April 21, 2019 09:53 PM

Thanks Gordon... what's missing (I feel) are "toll positions"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 39788)
Glad to see the EH back in my email. ENTREPRENEUR'S HOTSHEET.

http://www.sowpub.com/entrhotsheet.shtml

In current issue Dien has a link to this:
https://bit.ly/2IxiBCe

A HOTSHEET with a lot of ideas for making some moolah.

Thanks Dien, we should create one of those from all of our posts here.

Hi Gordon,

I thought it was interesting seeing all those "gig economy" apps there, and some people could find it useful!

My main issue is, with many of these, you don't have a "toll position"...

For example, let's say you become an Uber/Lyft driver. You don't really have a toll position, because you're competing with everyone else who happens to be near you at the same time. You can't distinguish your service from the other Uber/Lyft drivers (since customers don't "pick" who drives them, it's the app which does that)...

That means, over time, your income will probably drop... And that's what has been reported as happening, over time, Uber/Lyft drivers make less and less...

In a way, it's harder creating your own toll positions, but... You'll probably do better in the long run...!

Best wishes,

Dien

GordonJ April 22, 2019 10:47 AM

Gigs as a biz model has an inherent flaw...GIGS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 39789)
Hi Gordon,

I thought it was interesting seeing all those "gig economy" apps there, and some people could find it useful!

My main issue is, with many of these, you don't have a "toll position"...

For example, let's say you become an Uber/Lyft driver. You don't really have a toll position, because you're competing with everyone else who happens to be near you at the same time. You can't distinguish your service from the other Uber/Lyft drivers (since customers don't "pick" who drives them, it's the app which does that)...

That means, over time, your income will probably drop... And that's what has been reported as happening, over time, Uber/Lyft drivers make less and less...

In a way, it's harder creating your own toll positions, but... You'll probably do better in the long run...!

Best wishes,

Dien

I guess some of these could be converted to businesses, which a toll position might be built around, not many however.

Most gigs are one and done. Then you need another gig. The two things I see on the graphic which could have recurring income and offer a potential toll, are the WRITING and ART, DESIGN AND CRAFTING, as the two obvious gigs where once you do it, it is possible to sell over and over.

Take my E=MC3
mug and tee shirt design. Anything you can Copyright, Trademark or somehow protect, has the opportunity to become a Toll.

Some big moolah comes from LICENSING designs, cartoons, comic book figures, songs...all part of those CREATIVE GIGS listed.

But delivering groceries? Lyft? Uber? A grind with daily slop and mess (to me).

Gordon

PS Even CHALK BOARDS have a recurring income possibility, and if you offer the ads for 6 months, one restaurant gives you TWICE a year income.

Sometimes these type of things get AUTOMATIC renewals too.