SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The STORM has hit. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4954)

GordonJ March 18, 2008 10:55 AM

The STORM has hit.

I've put up a new blog post at: www.incomeandhappiness.com/blog

And it has to do with the Winds of Change. They are no longer a gathering storm on the distsant horizon, they have hit land...and I know several of you are going to poo-pooh this, but I'll say this now...if you do "poo-pooh" this recession, you really don't have a full understanding of the world's present economy.

There is NO historical event or comparison to be made, this is a 21st Century problem created by old fashioned greed that is not going to go away with an influx of devalued dollars from Uncle Sam.

Feel free to argue away, I won't respond, but others might.

My agenda is the ACCELERATION of the dispersing of valuable information that can help you prevent disasters from happening in your finances.

I've been working hard for two years on getting updates to material that is unobtainable anywhere else...information that truly has changed scores of lives.

But it has taken time, more than I would have liked, and now it is time to accelerate the process.

I'm considering delivery systems and I'm leaning heavily toward a membership site, like www.bmyers.com and one that is specific to Direct Response Marketing feautring the NPGS System and the TOLL POSITION as taught by Harvey Brody as well as input from other money making and money keeping geniuses.

Members may be able to submit projects of their own or ones that they have acquired for large distribution. It will be a Win/Win/Win situation.

Any thoughts you have on this will be read and possibly appreciated too.

I don't have time to argue about whether or not we are or aren't in a recession and whether or not we've hit bottom...bottom is a long way down, I'm more interested in those people who want to prepare for any of the winds that could destroy them, and people who know and understand that we can't do it for you, but we can help, fair enough?

Gordon Jay Alexander

www.incomeandhappiness.com/blog

killarney March 18, 2008 01:02 PM

Re: The STORM has hit.

Gordon,

I think the membership site would be fantastic. I would join and would contribute anything I can.

As for the recession I agree. I'm in the real estate field and I empathise with people who have to sell. Everyday I see more and more foreclosures. Some banks are reducing prices quickly. Others more deliberately. Some people are still living in a dream world in terms of the value of their home.

They're in for a shocking awakening. It is not uncommon to see days on market of over 1 year.

I'm looking to buy and hold. Had been a flipper but have changed strategy. Have to. Unless you can buy something dirt cheap and turn it you're taking a big risk.

Everybody seems scared. They're waiting to pull the trigger. However, if you can cash flow the house with a renter or lease option tenant and wait it out the end could be very profitable.

Just to give folks a view from my perspective. But yes the site you talk about - I'm all for it.

Cornell March 19, 2008 10:43 AM

This posting may be deleted.....it is up to the moderators....as it is quite straight forward.

Gordon:

I think you are on the right track with a membership site.....and before you slap down thousands of dollars for the script to duplicate the BMyers site you referenced in the post, you really should take a look at our script which does everything that the forementioned script does, but at price level under four hundred dollars.

Just trying to help you save in the recession.

If you delete this post will understand.

Cornell

Larry Foster March 20, 2008 01:34 AM

I'm not a fan of the Membergate script. That is from the viewpoint of a member not a site owner.
It may be excellent for you but I don't like the feel when I visit them.
Nothing against Bill Myers.
His $10/month site is excellent in what he delivers.
Larry Foster

GordonJ March 20, 2008 09:41 AM

Larry, what don't you like, and what do you prefer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Foster (Post 19819)
I'm not a fan of the Membergate script. That is from the viewpoint of a member not a site owner.
It may be excellent for you but I don't like the feel when I visit them.

Larry Foster

Larry, what is it about the Membergate script that you don't like as a user? When you say the feel, what does that mean and can you point me to a couple of other membership type sites that you prefer.

Thanks,

Gordon Jay Alexander

Larry Foster March 20, 2008 02:13 PM

Re: Larry, what don't you like, and what do you prefer?

Off the top of my head:
I like the format of regular forums. Vbulletin (like this one) or even phpbb. Look and feel kind of things. I think they're more flexible.
If I walk away to have a smoke or do something, I get timed out and have to log back in
Never able to find anything with the search function. On Bill Myers' forum, if I do a search for a post or something in the forum, I get results for articles but not something I knew I saw but can't find.
David Frey killed his forum when he went to Membergate. It wasn't the most active place to begin with, but weeks go by now with nothing there.
I guess a Membergate site hasn't stopped me from joining or going there if I wanted the info.
As a site owner, there would have to be very compelling reasons to invest in the cost.
Hope this answers your questions. If i can add anything else, let me know.
Larry Foster

PS. I look forward to seeing your project.

MikeSunWest March 20, 2008 07:49 PM

Hello Gordon:

I thiink a membership site would be great. However you want to get the
information out it should be easy for you to do. Lets you concentrate on
the good information and not hung up on the delivery system.

As a member of the Bill Myers site for many years now it is easy for me, as a
customer, to use. Don't know how it would be for the moderator/owner.

BTW, I picked up an old Collins (military) microphone the other day at a hamfest for $20. Cleaned it up a little, sold in a few hours (not on Ebay)
for over $100. This chatteling stuff still works!

MikeSunWest

GordonJ March 21, 2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSunWest (Post 19833)
Hello Gordon:

As a member of the Bill Myers site for many years now it is easy for me, as a customer, to use. Don't know how it would be for the moderator/owner.

BTW, I picked up an old Collins (military) microphone the other day at a hamfest for $20. Cleaned it up a little, sold in a few hours (not on Ebay)
for over $100. This chatteling stuff still works!

MikeSunWest

Mike,

I still would like to see your special report on buying and selling Ham Radio equipment...it is a passion niche market...just something for you to consider.

I've been a member almost the whole time Bill Myers has been online, going back to the idea Bank, the first 1000 buck membership site that I remember, and one that everyone to my knowledge felt was worth it too.

Also, I was a beta tester of Membergate and actually went to Arkansas for the workshop/seminar on it when it was first introduced. So I'm fairly familar with how it works. The problem for me isn't so much cost or function, as it is time. I'll explain more later on that.

We don't even know if we want to do a membership site, but it may be (because of "off the shelf" solutions) the fastest way to get information out there.

Thanks for your feedback...

Gordon Jay Alexander

GordonJ March 21, 2008 09:24 AM

Re: Larry, what don't you like, and what do you prefer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Foster (Post 19831)
Off the top of my head:
I like the format of regular forums. Vbulletin (like this one) or even phpbb. Look and feel kind of things. I think they're more flexible.
If I walk away to have a smoke or do something, I get timed out and have to log back in
Never able to find anything with the search function. On Bill Myers' forum, if I do a search for a post or something in the forum, I get results for articles but not something I knew I saw but can't find.
David Frey killed his forum when he went to Membergate. It wasn't the most active place to begin with, but weeks go by now with nothing there.
I guess a Membergate site hasn't stopped me from joining or going there if I wanted the info.
As a site owner, there would have to be very compelling reasons to invest in the cost.
Hope this answers your questions. If i can add anything else, let me know.
Larry Foster

PS. I look forward to seeing your project.

Larry,

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Gordon