SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Covid pandemic could be over (in the USA) by mid-2021 (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10859)

Dien Rice December 18, 2020 04:44 AM

Covid pandemic could be over (in the USA) by mid-2021

This doesn't come from me, but I got it from geopolitical analyst Peter Zeihan...

Why not sooner? Because it takes time to roll out the vaccinations... While the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are now available, the Oxford and Johnson & Johnson vaccines should be coming soon too...

Anyway, I think that's good news! A light at the end of the tunnel...

Best wishes!

Dien

Millard Grubb December 18, 2020 05:39 AM

Re: Covid pandemic could be over (in the USA) by mid-2021

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 41437)
This doesn't come from me, but I got it from geopolitical analyst Peter Zeihan...

Why not sooner? Because it takes time to roll out the vaccinations... While the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are now available, the Oxford and Johnson & Johnson vaccines should be coming soon too...

Anyway, I think that's good news! A light at the end of the tunnel...

Best wishes!

Dien

It seems to me that a lot more is going on here.

After all the years dealing with the common cold, they haven't found a vaccine.

What about the flu?

And in less than a year they have a vaccine for Covid?

Additionally, the AMA has released stats that in households with asymptomatic carriers of Covid that is only a .7% chance of someone getting it. Moreover, those without other conditions have over a 99% chance of recovering.

One more thing, just this morning a news report came out about a nurse who passed out shortly after receiving the vaccine.

Medical researchers like Mike Adams of www.naturalnews.com indicate that zinc and vitamin D go a long way in fighting off Covid.

Just a few things to think about.

MikePT December 18, 2020 06:19 AM

Hi Dien,

I agree. I think in the Spring vaccines will start. And this virus near 100% I think will be ended in the end of the Summer.

It's great news.

Millard, I am favor and I use Orthomolecular Medicine. I take HIGH DOSES of vitamin C daily. I keep doing my life normally since this coronavirus started. I take public transports, I go to Starbucks... And I am far as I know fine.

I take too vitamin D, Vitamin E, zinc, magnesium, Niacin and Vitamin E.

I would recommend to visit www.DoctorYourSelf.com or www.orthomolecular.org/

There are MANY studies that proof that Vitamin C is helpful to fight COVID, and not only.

Dien Rice December 18, 2020 06:35 AM

Hi Millard,

I'll just mention something first...

I used to sometimes read articles at www.LewRockwell.com (though I find it hard to read now)...

A few months ago, I was reading an article there about how Covid was all fake.

I went to the end of the article, to see what the credentials of the writer was...

The author (who had written a lot about this at LewRockwell.com)... was a tax accountant!

I usually don't get my medical advice from tax accountants... just like I usually don't get my taxes done by a brain surgeon...

This is not a dig at anyone. It's just an illustration of how many people writing articles nowadays think they are infectious disease experts - including accountants, some marketers, and probably even the occasional lion tamer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millard Grubb (Post 41438)
It seems to me that a lot more is going on here.

After all the years dealing with the common cold, they haven't found a vaccine.

What about the flu?

And in less than a year they have a vaccine for Covid?

I don't think there's money in vaccines for the common cold, as to my knowledge, it's rarely deadly.

Pharmaceutical companies - like most businesses - are in it for the money.

Flu vaccines have been around for many decades now. The first flu vaccine was developed in 1938 (I just looked it up), and was used to inoculate the US forces in World War 2.

While I don't get it every year, I've sometimes gotten the flu vaccine myself. (Because of changing flu strains and mutations, you have to renew your flu vaccination every year...)

Another anti-virus vaccine is the polio vaccine, which was developed by Joseph Salk in 1954. It is a vaccine against the poliovirus.

Polio is now almost completely eliminated from the world population, thanks to the vaccine...

Different diseases are different. They infect you using different mechanisms. It can be harder to develop a vaccine for some diseases compared to others because of these differences...

(An old female friend who I've known for about 25 years became a medical doctor... And one of her friends, who is an expert in the field of developing vaccines, explained it to me a few months ago...)

Quote:

Additionally, the AMA has released stats that in households with asymptomatic carriers of Covid that is only a .7% chance of someone getting it. Moreover, those without other conditions have over a 99% chance of recovering.
Yet... it turns out over 3,500 people are dying a day from Covid in the USA right now.

That's more than one 9/11 every day.

I would look at who is interpreting the statistics. Statistics is not necessarily an easy field. (I took a course in it at university, as my undergraduate degree was in both mathematics and physics...) Yet it seems as well as infectious disease experts, we have a lot of commentators who are now suddenly statistics experts too...

(This is not directed at you, but at various commentators...)

Quote:

One more thing, just this morning a news report came out about a nurse who passed out shortly after receiving the vaccine.
I saw an article about that...

The nurse apparently said, "I have a history of having an over-reactive vagal response, and so with that if I have pain from anything, hangnail or if I stub my toe, I can just pass out."

(The vagal response is related to the vagus nerve... probably not what you dirty minded people out there were thinking!) ;)

Quote:

Medical researchers like Mike Adams of www.naturalnews.com indicate that zinc and vitamin D go a long way in fighting off Covid.

Just a few things to think about.
I agree!

I take vitamin D and zinc myself!

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien Rice December 18, 2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 41439)
Hi Dien,

I agree. I think in the Spring vaccines will start. And this virus near 100% I think will be ended in the end of the Summer.

It's great news.

Millard, I am favor and I use Orthomolecular Medicine. I take HIGH DOSES of vitamin C daily. I keep doing my life normally since this coronavirus started. I take public transports, I go to Starbucks... And I am far as I know fine.

I take too vitamin D, Vitamin E, zinc, magnesium, Niacin and Vitamin E.

I would recommend to visit www.DoctorYourSelf.com or www.orthomolecular.org/

There are MANY studies that proof that Vitamin C is helpful to fight COVID, and not only.

Hi Mike,

I didn't mention it in my reply to Millard... But I take Vitamin C too.

I agree that I believe there's evidence that zinc, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C (to my knowledge) could help prevent you from getting Covid...

I've looked all this up before (but am too lazy to look it up right now)...!

As for social distancing, etc... I believe it works.

I live in a place where there's been no new community transmission of Covid now for over a month. But... there was a SERIOUS 3-month lockdown.

You can read more about it here...

For 3 months, there were very strict restrictions... Including a 5 km (3 mile) limit on how far you could travel (with some exceptions), an 8 pm curfew, virtually all retail stores closed, all restaurants closed except for takeaway, you had to wear a mask outside at all times, no visiting other people's houses, etc.

We're now almost back to normal...

Best wishes,

Dien

Millard Grubb December 18, 2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 41440)
Hi Millard,

I'll just mention something first...

I used to sometimes read articles at www.LewRockwell.com (though I find it hard to read now)...

A few months ago, I was reading an article there about how Covid was all fake.

I went to the end of the article, to see what the credentials of the writer was...

The author (who had written a lot about this at LewRockwell.com)... was a tax accountant!

I usually don't get my medical advice from tax accountants... just like I usually don't get my taxes done by a brain surgeon...

This is not a dig at anyone. It's just an illustration of how many people writing articles nowadays think they are infectious disease experts - including accountants, some marketers, and probably even the occasional lion tamer...

I don't think there's money in vaccines for the common cold, as to my knowledge, it's rarely deadly.

Pharmaceutical companies - like most businesses - are in it for the money.

Flu vaccines have been around for many decades now. The first flu vaccine was developed in 1938 (I just looked it up), and was used to inoculate the US forces in World War 2.

While I don't get it every year, I've sometimes gotten the flu vaccine myself. (Because of changing flu strains and mutations, you have to renew your flu vaccination every year...)

Another anti-virus vaccine is the polio vaccine, which was developed by Joseph Salk in 1954. It is a vaccine against the poliovirus.

Polio is now almost completely eliminated from the world population, thanks to the vaccine...

Different diseases are different. They infect you using different mechanisms. It can be harder to develop a vaccine for some diseases compared to others because of these differences...

(An old female friend who I've known for about 25 years became a medical doctor... And one of her friends, who is an expert in the field of developing vaccines, explained it to me a few months ago...)

Yet... it turns out over 3,500 people are dying a day from Covid in the USA right now.

That's more than one 9/11 every day.

I would look at who is interpreting the statistics. Statistics is not necessarily an easy field. (I took a course in it at university, as my undergraduate degree was in both mathematics and physics...) Yet it seems as well as infectious disease experts, we have a lot of commentators who are now suddenly statistics experts too...

(This is not directed at you, but at various commentators...)

I saw an article about that...

The nurse apparently said, "I have a history of having an over-reactive vagal response, and so with that if I have pain from anything, hangnail or if I stub my toe, I can just pass out."

(The vagal response is related to the vagus nerve... probably not what you dirty minded people out there were thinking!) ;)

I agree!

I take vitamin D and zinc myself!

Best wishes,

Dien

Thanks for the info.

Just heard that Elon Musk and his family won't be taking the vaccine.

There are a lot of factors to take in... as for me, I am going the natural route with vitamin C, zinc, herbs, sunshine, water, fruit, vegetables, and plenty of rest.

In any case, it makes sense to look at what you are doing personally... get as much info as you need, and do what works for you. :)

Dien Rice December 18, 2020 03:39 PM

Elon Musk is a kind of weird fellow...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millard Grubb (Post 41442)
Thanks for the info.

Just heard that Elon Musk and his family won't be taking the vaccine.

There are a lot of factors to take in... as for me, I am going the natural route with vitamin C, zinc, herbs, sunshine, water, fruit, vegetables, and plenty of rest.

In any case, it makes sense to look at what you are doing personally... get as much info as you need, and do what works for you. :)

Hi Millard,

Elon Musk is a very interesting guy...

One thing I didn't quite realize until recently is that he is an expert in getting free publicity!

Probably the best since Richard Branson! (Oh, and Donald Trump, who is also an undeniable expert at free publicity...)

Just think of all the "publicity stunts" he's pulled in recent times... And while some are expensive, others are not.

A few which I can think of off-hand are...
Best wishes, :)

Dien

MMacGillivray December 18, 2020 07:27 PM

For me, I will be taking the vaccine as will my husband. This is partly because we don't want to get Covid but also because we have access to great medical treatment purely because our forebears were brave and risked all to give future generations a healthier life.

The virus seems to depend on fairly close human contact for transmission; hopefully the vaccines will cull the spread and stop people getting so sick and dying - but I think there may be a "leaky joint". When people start to travel more, particularly to areas of the world which might not be able to do a rigorous vaccination programme, it seems to me that the virus or it's mutated form will be brought back to the traveller's home. I worry that we're going to need to be cautious for quite some time and I really hope I'm wrong about that.

This has been a miserable episode - we are all so used to taking a pill to cure ailments that I think we have handled the pandemic really poorly because we've forgotten how to deal with a virulent, aggressive illness.

Stay safe, stay well;
Seasons' Greetings from Scotland
Margaret

Dien Rice December 19, 2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMacGillivray (Post 41444)
For me, I will be taking the vaccine as will my husband. This is partly because we don't want to get Covid but also because we have access to great medical treatment purely because our forebears were brave and risked all to give future generations a healthier life.

The virus seems to depend on fairly close human contact for transmission; hopefully the vaccines will cull the spread and stop people getting so sick and dying - but I think there may be a "leaky joint". When people start to travel more, particularly to areas of the world which might not be able to do a rigorous vaccination programme, it seems to me that the virus or it's mutated form will be brought back to the traveller's home. I worry that we're going to need to be cautious for quite some time and I really hope I'm wrong about that.

This has been a miserable episode - we are all so used to taking a pill to cure ailments that I think we have handled the pandemic really poorly because we've forgotten how to deal with a virulent, aggressive illness.

Stay safe, stay well;
Seasons' Greetings from Scotland
Margaret

Hi Margaret

I'm happy to take it too...

I'm high risk of dying from Covid if I catch it (due to other existing conditions), so that's always a factor for me, too!

Best wishes!

Dien