SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Internet Marketing, goals, planning and all that jazzeroo. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10915)

GordonJ February 15, 2021 03:34 PM

Internet Marketing, goals, planning and all that jazzeroo.

I've spent the last month researching, reviewing and reworking plans.

Plans Of Actions. POA.

And talking to people, now for 45 straight days from New Year's day, about what they want and how to get it.

It is my opinion that MOST people are unable to FOCUS long enough to get things done. They want/need instant results, which is one reason why the circle jerk known as affiliate marketing is so popular as a new start up.

A big surprise?

Hardly. Nothing has changed about this in 20 years except the desperation level has raised up with Covid-19.

I know the Internet Marketing crowd would have you believe it is quick and easy and if you have the dough to spend for their program, and you do it their way, you maybe, might, will get good results.

I want to go into the mud and muck of quicksand here, which is aka reality.

I think it takes a minimum of 1500 dollars to build a web site which will produce a monthly income (in about a year) which one could live off of. Maybe two years for a family.

Although we see those who have taken 5 years or longer and much of the time it is because they did the trial and error thing, exploring different programs.

One reason why I am so "attached" to the Harvey Brody View from the Rooftop and the rungs of the ladder method, is it forces you to THINK about where you want to go and allows you to see the potential pit falls (or pit bulls on Elm St.) and avoid them.

But there is a ton of easy opportunity off line today too. I, in fact, will be joining a local marketing group, to promote local businesses and help them get the customers coming back in.

Sometime, maybe this summer, we will reach the tipping point where more people have been vaccinated than haven't, lessening the risks for all.

The thing is, and anyone who has been here even a very short while knows this...

I am "allergic" to A) Hard work B) Slop and Mess C) Customers/Clients/Consumers.

So, anything I'm going to do other than writing short stories and scripts for TV and movies (investors always welcome here)...

Has to be more or less a TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT sales pitch.

Here is what I am offering...want it or NOT? Want to think about it, ok, but I'm going to call your competition and it will be first pay first served, that is fair, eh?

I have NO time for deliberation, you either see the value, WANT what I have, are willing to pay for it or say NO and kick my butt through the door (mostly a virtual butt, that is)...calling on people might be hard work, although I'm willing to walk up to a mile for local businesses.

We (part of our team) have been testing things for a few years now, looking for the Golden Ticket, and we've finally found it, only because Covid-19 has put such a big dent in local economies...and small businesses are not getting traffic like normal, and may not for some time...

only because of the times...is this a take it or leave it offer. Deliver value at a fair price and do so in the earnest attempt to help them get more business.

Anyhow, I'm a month away, according to Puxxy Phil, and winter is coming, and coming hard, so I'll continue my lock down getting ready.

Get my second shot on Saturday, so should be in good shape when the weather breaks.

Which means I have about 6 weeks before I go to Work (Werk!!?) and since I'm in the mode...I have a take it or leave it offer for a couple of you too.

If you want to develop an Information Selling side gig with the goal of making at least 5 k a month at the end or a year, and you have the minimum amount above to work with (almost all for tools, you'll need a web site, autoresponder/list builder, an idea of what you want to do) and at least 10 hours a week to do it, then contact me, and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. Or if you do, no problems. I do have things to do.

Gordon

Dien Rice February 18, 2021 12:51 AM

Gordon shares a lot here... and there's more where that came from!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 41604)
I've spent the last month researching, reviewing and reworking plans.

Plans Of Actions. POA.

And talking to people, now for 45 straight days from New Year's day, about what they want and how to get it.

It is my opinion that MOST people are unable to FOCUS long enough to get things done. They want/need instant results, which is one reason why the circle jerk known as affiliate marketing is so popular as a new start up.

A big surprise?

Hardly. Nothing has changed about this in 20 years except the desperation level has raised up with Covid-19.

I know the Internet Marketing crowd would have you believe it is quick and easy and if you have the dough to spend for their program, and you do it their way, you maybe, might, will get good results.

I want to go into the mud and muck of quicksand here, which is aka reality.

I think it takes a minimum of 1500 dollars to build a web site which will produce a monthly income (in about a year) which one could live off of. Maybe two years for a family.

Although we see those who have taken 5 years or longer and much of the time it is because they did the trial and error thing, exploring different programs.

One reason why I am so "attached" to the Harvey Brody View from the Rooftop and the rungs of the ladder method, is it forces you to THINK about where you want to go and allows you to see the potential pit falls (or pit bulls on Elm St.) and avoid them.

But there is a ton of easy opportunity off line today too. I, in fact, will be joining a local marketing group, to promote local businesses and help them get the customers coming back in.

Sometime, maybe this summer, we will reach the tipping point where more people have been vaccinated than haven't, lessening the risks for all.

The thing is, and anyone who has been here even a very short while knows this...

I am "allergic" to A) Hard work B) Slop and Mess C) Customers/Clients/Consumers.

So, anything I'm going to do other than writing short stories and scripts for TV and movies (investors always welcome here)...

Has to be more or less a TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT sales pitch.

Here is what I am offering...want it or NOT? Want to think about it, ok, but I'm going to call your competition and it will be first pay first served, that is fair, eh?

I have NO time for deliberation, you either see the value, WANT what I have, are willing to pay for it or say NO and kick my butt through the door (mostly a virtual butt, that is)...calling on people might be hard work, although I'm willing to walk up to a mile for local businesses.

We (part of our team) have been testing things for a few years now, looking for the Golden Ticket, and we've finally found it, only because Covid-19 has put such a big dent in local economies...and small businesses are not getting traffic like normal, and may not for some time...

only because of the times...is this a take it or leave it offer. Deliver value at a fair price and do so in the earnest attempt to help them get more business.

Anyhow, I'm a month away, according to Puxxy Phil, and winter is coming, and coming hard, so I'll continue my lock down getting ready.

Get my second shot on Saturday, so should be in good shape when the weather breaks.

Which means I have about 6 weeks before I go to Work (Werk!!?) and since I'm in the mode...I have a take it or leave it offer for a couple of you too.

If you want to develop an Information Selling side gig with the goal of making at least 5 k a month at the end or a year, and you have the minimum amount above to work with (almost all for tools, you'll need a web site, autoresponder/list builder, an idea of what you want to do) and at least 10 hours a week to do it, then contact me, and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. Or if you do, no problems. I do have things to do.

I'll just chime in here and say...

Gordon has a proven track record in helping people get started and be successful in the information marketing biz...

Plus, he is himself (obviously) very dang good at it...

Gordon has a number of both marketing and writing "tricks" up his sleeve... He shares a lot on this forum, but there's more where that came from...!

By the way, Gordon, glad to hear your second vaccination shot is coming! We need you around for a long time to come... :)

Best wishes!

Dien

GordonJ February 20, 2021 10:57 AM

We'll know in a few hours about vaccination II

Here's my take:

So what?

What can he do for me, today, right now? He's an old guy, retired, out of touch with today, why should I bother to listen to him?

And I think those are fair questions. I am of a different opinion than most, and that is; people ARE different today.

Sure, basic human needs and wants don't vary, but the same old same old used by those other old or long dead marketers just don't work on today's younger, more hip, more aware crowd (although most still in a dream daze)...

So, what can old Gordie do for me today?

Good question. Smart guy to have asked it.

Anyhow, at 1, I get Covid-19 vac2, we'll see how it goes.

On a different front, my Rolling Cash 5 (Ohio lottery) picks are in and the 505k buckeroos may be headed my way before this day is over.

Hope.

Luck, and I am a lucky guy.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 41608)
I'll just chime in here and say...

Gordon has a proven track record in helping people get started and be successful in the information marketing biz...

Plus, he is himself (obviously) very dang good at it...

Gordon has a number of both marketing and writing "tricks" up his sleeve... He shares a lot on this forum, but there's more where that came from...!

By the way, Gordon, glad to hear your second vaccination shot is coming! We need you around for a long time to come... :)

Best wishes!

Dien

MikePT February 28, 2021 11:43 AM

Re: Internet Marketing, goals, planning and all that jazzeroo.

Sure, basic human needs and wants don't vary, but the same old same old used by those other old or long dead marketers just don't work on today's younger, more hip, more aware crowd (although most still in a dream daze)...

I found Vic Schwab "NEW TRENDS FOR OLD" on his book very interesting and a good reference for use it when defining a target.

I like to keep it simple and stay to classics the best I can.

MikePT

GordonJ February 28, 2021 12:40 PM

If it works. It works, eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 41643)

I found Vic Schwab "NEW TRENDS FOR OLD" on his book very interesting and a good reference for use it when defining a target.

I like to keep it simple and stay to classics the best I can.

MikePT

Tell me Mike, is there anything more simple than this:

People are preoccupied. You must first break that, gain attention and then use WHATEVER WORKS; classic, new, ancient (Aristotle) to get them to take the action you want them to take.

I keep it as simple as it gets.

Gordon