SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cafepress.com...more stuff coming (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276)

Amber Sorenson September 18, 2000 10:11 AM

Cafepress.com...more stuff coming

Great idea, Gordon, for you to take advantage of cafepress.com to expand your offerings.

I was excited when I read about cafepress.com on a site for 'creatives' this past spring. I thought it was the greatest thing - at that time anyway - since sliced bread when I happened across it.

Also, there is a helpful forum on cafepress.com for store owners to ask questions. I read a post awhile back that stated that new items are going to be added to the current store products - baseball caps, men and women's tank tops, sweatshirts, long sleeve t-shirts, women's baby doll t-shirts and boxer shorts are included.

There are also requests to the 'powers that be', by the store owners, to add bumper-stickers and calendars. And maybe even more groovy stuff to come down the line.

And from what I understand, we are not limited to the number of stores that we can open.

I agree that the products are overpriced and the ones making the significant money are the owners of cafepress.com! :)

We've decided to use cafepress.com for a silly novelty item we have been working on as a family project. If the public doesn't want to buy the actual 'product', then hopefully they won't leave the site empty handed - and will pick up a t-shirt or mug at least. The possibilities of using this site are exciting. Just wish the 'base prices' on the items were more reasonable.

But, a dollar here..a dollar there...it all adds up and while we are trying to make a dollar off our t-shirts and mugs, cafepress.com is getting rich!

Hooray for them since they had their act together early on and now have thousands of stores already signed up.

If you click on 'tour' at the top of the page on their site, you can get lots of ideas about how others are using that site. I believe that the 'tour', which features different shops, changes daily. So, a person can get a good 'feel' for the range of artistic expression and/or logo products selling.

~ Amber

> It took me 10 minutes.

> Might take you less.

> Check it out:

> http://www.cafepress.com/sq1/ Four NEWLY
> created products.

> I think I'll put the DOL on a mousepad.

> Now. I think these are a bit overpriced,
> but, they are competitive to CUSTOM made
> STUFF.

> So, want to test this out?

> Buy a mousepad with RH on it, and I'll (here
> is where HELP comes in)...

> I'll give you 100% off of my soon to be open
> PRIVATE MEMBERS only site...OR...

> A FREE month at the PRIVATE MEMBERS only
> site...or...

> My next e-book for FREE...OR...

> FORGET ABOUT IT.......

> I think the PICTOGRIGMS would look good on a
> mousepad...

> Yea, I think I'll work on one.

> Thanks for any HELP you can give on this
> one.

> Gordon Alexander

> PS. You can always buy your own stuff and
> give it away as a gift...

Amber Sorenson September 18, 2000 10:23 AM

Oopsy...'store spotlight' is what I meant...

Sorry about that! I meant to say to click on the 'store spotlight' instead of the 'tour' in order to view a sampling of the range of products offered by various vendors.

Dien Rice September 18, 2000 11:37 AM

Thanks Amber.... great suggestion :)

Hi Amber,

Thanks for that suggestion....

I clicked on "Store Spotlight" and it was quite fascinating.... I'm going to check it out a few more times (on different days) to see what else comes up.... :)

Amber, where's your store on cafepress, if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to see it.... :)

Thanks....

Dien

P.S. I linked to Amber's web site below.... If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to go there and read her inspiring story.... :)

Day Dream Believers....

Amber Sorenson September 18, 2000 12:05 PM

Dien, I tried to post a response, but ...

Dien,
After I typed my response to your note, I was told "submission not accepted" due to the presence of "naughty" language! :) I'm puzzled, but I will simply answer your question via email, ok?

How embarrasing! I can't imagine what word was naughty in my response, but hoping that you can tell me via email, ok?
Blushing,
Amber

> Amber, where's your store on cafepress, if
> you don't mind me asking? I'd love to see
> it.... :)

> Thanks....

> Dien

> P.S. I linked to Amber's web site below....
> If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to go
> there and read her inspiring story.... :)

Dien Rice September 18, 2000 09:24 PM

Re: Dien, I tried to post a response, but ...

Hi Amber....

Another person had this problem before too.... I'll have to see if there's something I can do something about it....

The "problem" portion of a word was the same as one before....

What do c0cktail and c0ckroach have in common?

(I replaced the "o" with a zero....)

That's the problem part!!!!

Sorry about this Amber.... I'll have to see if there's something I can do about this.... We clearly have a bit of a problem with "overkill" right now....

Thanks for letting me know.... I'll reply in email soon as well.... :)

Dien