SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy New Year (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7912)

sandalwood January 1, 2012 10:58 AM

Happy New Year

Woke up to a bright sun and slight chill this morning. Lovely actually. No snow as of yet but so what, it's on its way.

Also woke up w/a head full of revenue generating ideas for 2012 mostly thanks to this forum and the WF. What a great time to be alive.

Hope everyone had and is having a great beginning to their new year :)

Skip Rosell January 1, 2012 12:32 PM

Re: Happy New Year To All SowPubbers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 29818)
Woke up to a bright sun and slight chill this morning. Lovely actually. No snow as of yet but so what, it's on its way.

Also woke up w/a head full of revenue generating ideas for 2012 mostly thanks to this forum and the WF. What a great time to be alive.

Hi Tom & Everyone.

Happy New Year To All. Tom you're wrong!! We are NOT going to have any snow this winter in the Northeast! :) And if we do I'm not shoveling it, it can wait till spring. :)

But you're 100% correct about the revenue generating ideas. I have planned the first 3 months of 2012 and I have some great ideas to try and test and twist and turn or as the new saying goes ( Phil'd ).

I love that term because it is so true. I have received many $ from reading Phil's posts last year I almost feel like I should make him my partner. :) Keep up the great research Phil and I hope 2012 is your best year ever for you and your family.

I have also used many ideas from others on this forum and have many more to try. I would like to test out Cornell & Gordon's idea of the small booklet in my area. http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29766

I would also like to test the headlight cleaning system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mTARuetlVQ

I have also gone back through the archives and found tens if not hundreds of other ideas that are everygreen. All need to be tested and I'm sure to keep busy in 2012.

Of course I will share what I learn & post here on SowPub.

So Happy New Year to all and I hope you are looking forward to the new year as much as I am.

Skip Rosell

sandalwood January 1, 2012 04:40 PM

Re: Happy New Year

I copied this:

"This promises to be a stellar career year for Aquarius - your star is clearly rising! You've been in a bit of a gestation period for the past few years, but now you're getting ready to unveil your genius. Though 2011 may have felt like a bit of a stalemate for you, you'll soon realize that you were simply collecting experiences, ideas and dreams that will all be put to good creative use this year."

as my birthdate makes me an Aquarius. I would imagine if I took out the word Aquarius in the first sentence and substituted Sowpubbers it would fit every member. In truth, the rest of the paragraph pretty well sums up what we've been talking about on this forum.

I know the 16 pager is gonna be a big deal for me in Northern Nevada. So is the postcard mailing. I think the genius mentioned above isn't so much internal as it is being able to adapt what others are saying and listening to how they make, or made, it work.

And isn't collecting experiences, ideas and dreams to be put to good creative use why we interact on this forum? I think it is. Can't wait for 2012 to start rolling out.

Have a great one!!!

Dien Rice January 1, 2012 06:44 PM

The "Secret" of a good life (in my opinion)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 29818)

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

If you "count your blessings" - I'm sure all of us here will find we have many, many blessings...

In our "wealth" of many forms - which could come in the form of the existing income that you do have (of course), but also in the form of good friends, family, health blessings (even if our health isn't perfect), blessings of knowledge, knowhow, skills, technology which makes our lives easier, even the blessing of internet access - and many others! Then... remember to be grateful for the blessings that you have...

In my opinion, being grateful (in particular to a "higher power") for the blessings that you do have is the real "secret" of a good life!

You know, if you go back a few hundred years - even kings and queens didn't have it as good as the average American/Canadian/European/etc. has it now!

(That's why, if they bathed at all, even kings and queens would only bathe once a year - especially in colder climates! The luxury of hot and cold running water means we can luxuriously bathe every day! Not to mention other luxuries - like cars, heating and good insulation, warmer clothing, modern medicine, telephones, television, movies, recorded music, washing machines, microwave ovens, the internet... many of these things which we usually take for granted - and the list goes on and on...)

I hope everyone has a great year in 2012!

Best wishes!

Dien

Phil January 2, 2012 11:55 PM

{Amazing} Year Loaded w/ Specialization business Investing, Mysteries & Surprises! ..

Once Again...

Happy Holidays to All! ... An ''Awesome'' [Mayan] Money making 2012 New Year(s) Loaded with Success Stories, possibilities & Never-ending Opportunities! ...

''Ditto'' regarding Dien's... The "Secret" of a good life! ...

Just in case, More than a few Around the World... Require a little Help... Maybe a Good Kick in the Pants! ... :)

25 Secrets to Good Life
http://lifetofullest.com/secrets-to-good-life/

How to Live Life to the Fullest?
You Only Have One Life, Live It To The Fullest!
http://lifetofullest.com/

Greatly Appreciate your Kind comments Skip! Many Thanks!! ... Along with other misc. SowPub comments over the Many years... Bits, Bytes, Golden nuggets, offers, Review, Beta releases and Suggestions are More than Appreciated...

Always Grateful and Thankful for the Additional Knowledge in Studying and Learning from the Higher Powers of ideas, information, Especially with the wonderful world of Creativitity & Twisted Minds out there...

Love {Seeing} the Outcome of Particular ideas... So the More Sharing we Get to See Posted... Ongoing Testing throughout SowPubs and into Google, Bing, Yahoo etc... The More We Can All Learn, Share in the Revenue producing opportunities...

Spying Keeps Things All Very interesting and with Everyone [Almost] on their Tippy Toes! ...

Stop Worrying about the Competition and Learn How to be the Best! ...
http://www.google.com/search?q=Stop+...ient=firefox-a

Advance Prediction(s)? ... For the [Mayan] Money making 2012 New Year...

Going to be an {Amazing} Year Loaded w/ [Specialization] business Investing, Mysteries & Surprises! ... World-wide...

Quick Spin [Additional] Kick-off to Seriously Think about immediately! ... ;)

Tablet Brokering [Chatteling] Tablet related {Everything}... Buying, Selling, TRADING, Renting, Leasing, Repairing etc. etc...

Tablet related misc. Stock, Companies, Network(s) Investing/Investments & Select other Innovative Tie-in's... Feeder (type) Connections and ideas! Too...

Outsourcing, Joint Ventures... And Development of misc. Creativitity! ... Web Concepts, Extra ''Smart'' required Start-ups... Up-and-Coming {Future Apps} and ideas just [Waiting] to Hit the Massive Marketplace by Programmers/Coders who Have absolutely No idea, No interest on How to Market Awesome info, Apps and Specialized software for the Ever-Expanding Technology world... Very... :cool:

These days, it seems as though everybody has a tablet, but have you ever tried to get one fixed? It's not as easy as you think. In fact, recent research revealed http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111123005641/en that it costs almost as much to repair a tablet as it does to buy a new one. If you're capable of servicing and fixing this kind of technology, there's going to be a big demand for reasonably priced tablet repair. Especially, if you're willing to make house calls...

Full Credit goes to BusinessNewsDaily... Simplified! ... Digging into, Scanning the Web, Borrowing and Using Shared ideas with a few Additional Personalized Spins is Fairly Easy to Kick around these Days...
45 Business Ideas We Loved in 2011
http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/184...oved-2011.html

Remember... Going to be an {Amazing} Year Loaded w/ [Specialization] business Investing, Mysteries & Surprises! ... World-wide...

Phil

Pappy January 4, 2012 11:03 PM

well....

Bathing is good. Higher power is good. Thanking God for His blessings... Good. I'm just not sure if we have a better quality of life than the 'good old' days...

A quick contemporary history lesson for me...

I lived on a 9 acre piece of land. Very nice house, on the salt water here in Charleston SC. Had a fresh water pond and salt water to fish in, and plenty of wildlife to hunt. My wife suggest that we move closer to our 2 daughters and their families. I thought "yeah" that's great. So we move closer to them.

I love the new house, its closer to my daughters.
I hate the new house, its closer to my daughters.

You just don't know until you live in the shoes that you haven't worn.

I'd like the cowboy days... But who knows...

Happy New year...
Pappy

Dien Rice January 6, 2012 08:25 PM

Re: well....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappy (Post 29830)
Bathing is good. Higher power is good. Thanking God for His blessings... Good. I'm just not sure if we have a better quality of life than the 'good old' days...

A quick contemporary history lesson for me...

I lived on a 9 acre piece of land. Very nice house, on the salt water here in Charleston SC. Had a fresh water pond and salt water to fish in, and plenty of wildlife to hunt. My wife suggest that we move closer to our 2 daughters and their families. I thought "yeah" that's great. So we move closer to them.

I love the new house, its closer to my daughters.
I hate the new house, its closer to my daughters.

You just don't know until you live in the shoes that you haven't worn.

I'd like the cowboy days... But who knows...

Hi Pappy,

Well, you're right... Some things can be better! Especially some things regarding nature...

I love beaches - there's something about the surf I really love, the sound of it, and the salty ocean air. However, every year, beaches get more and more crowded... I'm not there for the people, but for the ocean itself!

However, when I think about it, these things (and other problems I have) are really quite "small" problems if you look at it on a "world scale". How many people in the world have terrible problems, who would "dream" of having my problems?

Several years ago, I was driving and switching stations on the radio. I heard a radio news program about a young girl in South Africa. Her mother had died of AIDS. Also, the other children shunned her, because - although she didn't have AIDS herself - the fact her mother had died of AIDS made her an "outcast" among the other children. She was both an orphan and an outcast.

(I just looked it up - apparently around 12% of the population of South Africa has AIDS, believe it or not.)

I hope and pray that she will get over these terrible problems, and may God give her a good life. These problems were not of her own creation. But then, I think about situations like that, and realize that my own problems are extremely tiny in comparison, and I'm grateful for the many blessings I do have in my life.

(Sorry, I realized I changed the topic! Your point still stands, of course, that not everything is better now compared to the past...)

Best wishes!

Dien

MichaelRoss January 7, 2012 01:52 AM

My secret to a happy life...

1 - Ditch the negative people in your life. I don't give a toss who they are (brother, sister, so-called friend). if they are crabs dragging you back down into the bucket you're trying to climb out of, ditch 'em. And I mean, Fully. Don't even entertain their whiny phone calls trying to lay guilt trips on you for ditching them. Remove them from your life. Now you are free of that crud.

2 - Turn off the news. Yep, that's right, goodbye CNN and Fox. What you broadcast has been selected by someone for me to hear/see so that person must want me to think in a certain way. I ain't buying. Sell it somewhere else. What you have isn't that important to my life anyway. And if it is, *I* cannot do anything about it so knowing won't make a lick of difference. So, be gone with you.

3 - Accept that people are nongs. Once accepted it will be hard for you to Feel The Outrage at the usual suspects.

4 - Go with it. You can move around within the flow, but fighting does nothing but tire you out.

5 - Tell your wife you love her and show affection without it Needing to end in sex. Happy wife, happy life.

6 - Take time out from your life - work, friends, family. Get some alone time, some solitude, some mental peace and quiet.

7 - Do not try to control other people. Let them be who they think they want to be, doing the things they want to do. You don't own them, they are not your slave. Leave them alone. Suddenly you won't be fighting against a person struggling to not be controlled.

8 - Do goofy stuff. Do kids things. yeah yeah, we put away are childish ways. Bull**** to that, I say. WHY stop enjoying kicking a hackey sack or tossing a frisbee or doing a stupid dance in your home when noone/everyone is looking. Goofy is good.

9 - Ditch caffeine. OMG you say. Well, it's a dehydrating stimulant. You don't NEED it. Ditch it. Deal with the headaches for a couple days then enjoy a life free of it. Same with smokes and other Drugs. Live in your rational mind free of stimulants and numbing agents.

10 - Understand at your core level that, there is always a way (to do what you want to do, achieve what you want to achieve, etc). You might not know it right at that moment, but it is there waiting for you to discover. Thus, you become open to possibilities.

Michael

hockeycoachdoug January 7, 2012 11:03 AM

Re: Happy New Year

Thanks for that one Michael- all great advice

Dien Rice January 7, 2012 10:24 PM

Re: My secret to a happy life...

Hi Michael,

All great advice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelRoss (Post 29839)
8 - Do goofy stuff. Do kids things. yeah yeah, we put away are childish ways. Bull**** to that, I say. WHY stop enjoying kicking a hackey sack or tossing a frisbee or doing a stupid dance in your home when noone/everyone is looking. Goofy is good.

I totally agree with you here...

Sometimes it can be very "freeing" to do something silly!

Somehow in my 20s, I got to being very serious... But then, one day, with a group of friends - we slid down a slide!

We didn't care what others in the park thought - adults sliding down a slide. But, it was great!

(If you do this, though, make sure it's a solid, metal slide, and not one of those flimsy plastic ones! :) )

As adults, we sometimes get too "caught up" in the seriousness of life, and don't take enough time out to actually have fun doing "physical" things!

Quote:

10 - Understand at your core level that, there is always a way (to do what you want to do, achieve what you want to achieve, etc). You might not know it right at that moment, but it is there waiting for you to discover. Thus, you become open to possibilities.
I believe that is true...

Life is a journey of discovery. At least, that's what it's meant to be (in my opinion).

Thanks - great stuff, Michael!

Best wishes!

Dien