SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why the wildfires will bring us a hurricane OR a butterfly in Africa sneezed. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7491)

GordonJ June 22, 2011 09:59 AM

Why the wildfires will bring us a hurricane OR a butterfly in Africa sneezed.

I'm over 70% with my predictions...which means I'm WRONG about one third of the time. NOT great odds to bet on.

Several years ago I wrote a little piece called The Winds of Change. This was before the economic meltdown and the housing crisis.

My advice then, as it is today is to "work for the best but prepare for the worst".

This January I wrote about the severe weather, tornadoes and flooding but even I didn't think record breaking type stuff.

As I write this today part of America is on fire, literally, while other parts are being flooded. Wouldn't it be great if we could divert the flood waters to the fires?

Well, there is a lot of smoke going into the air. Mixing with the trace amounts of radio active air from Japan, combining with the coal burning, auto emissions and volcanic ash.

Which is making a Western African butterfly sneeze, which causes him to flap his little wings a tad bit faster...which excites the air coming across the desert, over the rain forests and hitting the warm waters off the West African Coast.

And they call the wind Maria(h). The rain is Tess, the fire's Jo and they call the wind Maria. From a Kingston Trio ditty of traditional folk songs.

Tess is flooding the central plains costing thousands of acres of crops to either not get planted or to get in the ground late.

Jo is burning across the southern USA like wildfire...er, it is wild fire. A precursor to dust bowl conditions.

Mariah the wind, in the form of Tornadoes have been the deadliest on record.

Maria the Hurricane, coming this October? could be the tipping point for the USA. I missed the CA earthquake last year, which I predicted would also be in October. This year, it could be a one-two punch.

And with conditions in the South Pacific as they are, there is a good chance for a SUPER hurricane to form in the Gulf of Mexico as one from the Western Shores of Africa meets up with one that cuts across the Yucatan Peninsula and joins forces in the Gulf with devastating results.

Remember, I'm WRONG a huge percent of the time.

What I haven't been wrong about is this:

Preparation for disaster, man or Nature made, is a good thing to do.

Have an Emergency Plan in place.

What harm will it do you to have a lot of EXTRA Cash, some stored Food and a group of people who also prepared and able to assist each other if a storm comes along? I can't think of any.

Make some moolah NOW. Buy some extra FOOD now. Join together to build a strong network of people who don't have their head in the sand.

And I'll play my harmonica. "Sing along".

"Way out West, they got a name for Wind and Rain and Fire,
The Fire's Tess, the Rain is Jo and they call the wind Maria."

Gordon Alexander

Phil June 22, 2011 03:46 PM

Re: Why the wildfires will bring us a hurricane OR a butterfly in Africa sneezed.

Gordon, company and SowPubbers who just Might be a little bit interested in Weather related Planning, business ideas/Opportunities, Predictions and/Or Whatever...

Add the Following Quick food for thought, youtube {Viewing} etc. into your Weather related Planning, Hotsheets, Research including into your Creative Brainstorming business Modules & Overall ways of Thinking... Investing, investments and Money making in General... ;)

Along with some Smart Planning once again! ...

Some of the videos have been removed from youtube But if you Dig around into Google and company you'll Find a Good mix of other relevant information & Videos...

Massive Labs Prep Businesses For Acts Of God With Manmade Fires, Hurricanes, Hail...
http://www.fastcompany.com/disaster-...ns?partner=rss

Phil

GordonJ June 22, 2011 04:43 PM

Thanks Phil, I especially wondered about this...

From the article:

The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives opened a $106 million facility in 2004 in Ammendale, Md., where it often burns buildings as part of arson investigations.

The ATF apparently did NOT spend any money on researching the effect of letting scores of guns and automatic weapons fall into the hands of Mexican drug dealers...and didn't think it was important enough to tell officials in Mexico about their "sting" or should I say STINK operation Fast and Furious.

Millions for defense. Not a penny for common sense.

Thanks Phil

One of our UK forum members is a disaster prepardeness professional working on some information products regarding the subject...it looks like good stuff so far.

Gordon Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 28691)
Gordon, company and SowPubbers who just Might be a little bit interested in Weather related Planning, business ideas/Opportunities, Predictions and/Or Whatever...

Add the Following Quick food for thought, youtube {Viewing} etc. into your Weather related Planning, Hotsheets, Research including into your Creative Brainstorming business Modules & Overall ways of Thinking... Investing, investments and Money making in General... ;)

Along with some Smart Planning once again! ...

Some of the videos have been removed from youtube But if you Dig around into Google and company you'll Find a Good mix of other relevant information & Videos...

Massive Labs Prep Businesses For Acts Of God With Manmade Fires, Hurricanes, Hail...
http://www.fastcompany.com/disaster-...ns?partner=rss

Phil

Cornell June 23, 2011 12:30 AM

Gordon...this might help with your predictions

Hi Gordon:

This fellow's work might help increase your prediction average :o)

He seldom misses...and he has lots of video proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMnwg1yBh3s&NR=1

Cornell

Balzrael June 23, 2011 06:02 PM

Re: Why the wildfires will bring us a hurricane OR a butterfly in Africa sneezed.

I hope nothing else bad happens in the US. While I don't live there, I make all my money there. Well about 90% of it. All the disasters that happened this year severely reduced my business (plus the freaking google slap - another natural disaster)

Phil June 25, 2011 04:50 AM

Power-grid experiment could Confuse Clocks... Hotsheets & other ways to UnConfuse...

The Population, People... state by state, city by city, Geo Locally etc. etc...

Think Uniquely printed t-shirts & {twistable} Whatever! ...

Fix the problem(s)... Instructions, What to-do now? ... :)

Power-grid related industry Advertising, concepts & business models... Solutions! ...

Brainstorm! ... Get innovative & Creative with this one... ;)
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/435320...ce-innovation/

Phil