SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Idea From Original Forum... got legs? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7801)

-TW November 3, 2011 07:17 PM

Here's a similar idea (less hassle?)...

1) Just put the video on a website + charge for advertising on the site (banners, etc.) and/or charge to put a 10-15 second COMMERCIAL right within the video.

2) If you are in an area with many different condo complexes for vacationers, you could do a video guide to the town AND all the different condo complexes. Then charge a real estate agency a big monthly fee to be the sponsor of the page. People who are considering buying a vacation condo see the listings already, in the usual ways -- but they really get no IN DEPTH info about the condo complexes, overall. I think that info would be very valuable to potential condo buyers -- so they are not shopping for a condo while being BLIND to the particular complex's features.

Cheers.

-- TW

-TW November 4, 2011 02:27 AM

3 nuggets from the links Phil posted...

8. Rural Sourcing: Small towns capture jobs from outsourcing.
The wave of global outsourcing may have crested, and small town business can benefit by capturing more of these jobs through ruralsourcing. Rural service firms claim a number of advantages over global firms: shorter supply chains, better data security, intellectual property protection, cultural compatibility, and convenient time zones. Costs are lower than traditional urban firms, reflecting the lower rural cost of living. Those small town companies capable of partnering with large corporate clients stand to gain new business throughout 2011.

10. Entrepreneurship: A rural boom in sole proprietors.
More folks are starting small town businesses. New numbers out of South Dakota show a boom in sole proprietors. Sole proprietor numbers increased faster than jobs in most rural counties. Look for opportunities in supporting these new business owners and in partnering among rural business owners.

Excelent resource! (the author's blog)...
http://www.smallbizsurvival.com/

-- TW

Dien Rice November 4, 2011 12:39 PM

Re: Do a little "forum curation" and then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by -TW (Post 29476)
package up the "best of" -- and SELL IT! Christmas is coming up!

Hi TW,

Others have suggested similar ideas (which I'm grateful for)...

However, it doesn't feel "right" to me to take the wisdom that so many people (such as yourself) have freely shared with everyone here, and repackage it in a "private" way for my own profit...

That's why I strongly like to provide this kind of thing (a "best of" the archives - probably provided via links to the original articles) for free, so everyone can benefit - as originally intended!

I do have some thoughts on how I'll implement this idea, and I'm doing a little "private experimenting" with this idea right now (on a separate, "test" website). If it looks like it will work out in a good way, I'll make it public... Or, alternatively, if it doesn't look like it will work well, I'll try to figure out another way...

So, I've already started the "ball rolling" behind the scenes, at least I've started experimenting (at a very early stage) on how it could work... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

sandalwood November 4, 2011 02:25 PM

Re: Do a little "forum curation" and then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 29480)
Hi TW,

Others have suggested similar ideas (which I'm grateful for)...

However, it doesn't feel "right" to me to take the wisdom that so many people (such as yourself) have freely shared with everyone here, and repackage it in a "private" way for my own profit...

That's why I strongly like to provide this kind of thing (a "best of" the archives - probably provided via links to the original articles) for free, so everyone can benefit - as originally intended!

I do have some thoughts on how I'll implement this idea, and I'm doing a little "private experimenting" with this idea right now (on a separate, "test" website). If it looks like it will work out in a good way, I'll make it public... Or, alternatively, if it doesn't look like it will work well, I'll try to figure out another way...

So, I've already started the "ball rolling" behind the scenes, at least I've started experimenting (at a very early stage) on how it could work... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien,

If you need any assistance w/the experiment let me know. I will do what I am able. This is too good of an idea to let expire.

Tom :)