SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Clients (yikes), customers (oh no)...CONSUMERS, hella yea!!! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11361)

GordonJ November 13, 2022 10:53 AM

Clients (yikes), customers (oh no)...CONSUMERS, hella yea!!!

Not for us geezers, but if you got some time in your tank, consider this advice.

Eliminate clients.

Get rid of Customers.

Find, focus and fulfill the wants/needs of CONSUMERS.

I consume coffee daily, not as much as I used to, a cup in the morning does the trick.

I consume Almond "milk". Also, toilet paper, Netflix, shampoo, and look around the house and see what YOU consume...and see some of the most successful big huge companies on the planet; Proctor and Gamble anyone?

Back in the day, long, lone time ago, I was a supplements guy and made a lot of moolah selling them. You'll find those stories in the archives.

I wish someone would have taught me this a long time ago, and maybe they hid it in plain sight? And oddly, one of our Mentors, Harvey Brody, has been teaching it for over half a century, not via his excellent information products...but by his business.

ZOOM-SPOUT oil cans by the millions flying of shelves for over 50 years. A CONSUMABLE.

So, my first lesson to a new Entrepreneur wannabee would be: Why not start with a built in rebuy of your __________?????

Think of the razor club, selling mundane razors, a consumable, to millions of people.

Conversation invited.

GordonJ

GordonJ November 13, 2022 11:06 AM

On the other side of the CCC coin, is the PPP

Clients. Customers. CONSUMERS.

Professionals. Peddlers. Providers.

Wanna get rich? Cross off the first two on both lists. A professional; a therapist...can only see so many clients in a day. Sure, some money there. And some very rich people, like lawyers, who server their clients.
Customers? Well most small businesses can't get to Walmart size serving them, can they.

But PROVIDE goods and services to consumers, and you have built yourself a naturally recurring monthly income.

It might be hard to wrap your head around it, or it may be easy.

So, if you want to get rich, and rather quickly, give some serious thought to PROVIDING to CONSUMERS.

Any questions?

GordonJ

Organic, naturally recurring monthly income. Read this 3 times and think about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 43394)
Not for us geezers, but if you got some time in your tank, consider this advice.

Eliminate clients.

Get rid of Customers.

Find, focus and fulfill the wants/needs of CONSUMERS.

I consume coffee daily, not as much as I used to, a cup in the morning does the trick.

I consume Almond "milk". Also, toilet paper, Netflix, shampoo, and look around the house and see what YOU consume...and see some of the most successful big huge companies on the planet; Proctor and Gamble anyone?

Back in the day, long, lone time ago, I was a supplements guy and made a lot of moolah selling them. You'll find those stories in the archives.

I wish someone would have taught me this a long time ago, and maybe they hid it in plain sight? And oddly, one of our Mentors, Harvey Brody, has been teaching it for over half a century, not via his excellent information products...but by his business.

ZOOM-SPOUT oil cans by the millions flying off shelves for over 50 years. A CONSUMABLE.

So, my first lesson to a new Entrepreneur wannabee would be: Why not start with a built in rebuy of your __________?????

Think of the razor club, selling mundane razors, a consumable, to millions of people.

Conversation invited.

GordonJ

Dien Rice November 15, 2022 07:07 PM

I love this particular model...

Hi Gordon,

I think you're absolutely right...

I've given thought to ... how can you do this with info-products?

One way which is similar - but not identical - is with a paid subscription newsletter...

The idea is that people have to stay subscribed to keep getting it.

It's not exactly the same because, with a Starbucks coffee, or with WD-40, they just keep "producing" the same thing over and over again, day after day, month after month, year after year...

A cup of Starbucks Coffee, or a can of WD-40, will be identical whether you buy it in November, December, or January...

However, if you put out the identical same newsletter in November, December, and January - nobody will stay subscribed!

Another example might be a kind of "reference" service... Which is essentially a type of "database"...

For example, I currently subscribe to "SpyFu"...

SpyFu is a database of what's being searched for, as well as what ads are being run on Google - that kind of thing. It's constantly updated.

If you want to keep access, you have to keep paying the monthly fee.

I love the SAAS ("Software As A Service") model... Essentially, it is software on a subscription model. I plan to dip my toe into this in the not-too-distant future (I'm working on it as we speak)...

I'm not a current subscriber, but I've been a subscriber to Estibot in the past. This is a service that gives you an estimate of the value of domain names... It's a type of SAAS service.

Having said that - there are still many, many opportunities in more traditional "consumable" fields too...

Thanks for a great topic, Gordon!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 43395)
Clients. Customers. CONSUMERS.

Professionals. Peddlers. Providers.

Wanna get rich? Cross off the first two on both lists. A professional; a therapist...can only see so many clients in a day. Sure, some money there. And some very rich people, like lawyers, who server their clients.
Customers? Well most small businesses can't get to Walmart size serving them, can they.

But PROVIDE goods and services to consumers, and you have built yourself a naturally recurring monthly income.

It might be hard to wrap your head around it, or it may be easy.

So, if you want to get rich, and rather quickly, give some serious thought to PROVIDING to CONSUMERS.

Any questions?

GordonJ

Organic, naturally recurring monthly income. Read this 3 times and think about it.

GordonJ November 15, 2022 09:17 PM

The numbered newsletter, vs the monthly model.

Most newsletters are monthly, however, The NPGS Hotline Update was a sequenced newsletter.

Whenever someone came in, they got issue 1. So it was in a sequence, and there were slugs, slots if you will, in one for TIMELY updates, if there were any.

So, say, for example, you organized your scores of newsletters into TOPICS.
For example PETS. So issue 1 could have dog poo pickup, doggie treats, dog grooming, dog walking. Cat toys, cat boxes, etc.

Issue two was for Birds, 3 for reptiles, and so on, what happens in effect, you sell to a new group of prospects targeted more specifically.

So you simply pull out the topic from each of your past newsletters, repackage it and have multiple newsletters in the mail, add on some affiliate offers, or your own, and the lists become very specific.

Now, you may have Biz Op in general, but do it TOPICS: Pets, Food, Home Repair, IM, etc., and you now have the content you've done, repurposed to a new crowd.

So, think of the ads in Facebook, instead of a general Make Money from home, it might be...Pet Lovers: 10 ways to make money from home, Bakers, 10 ways to make money from home, and if the content is sparse, some Newsletters could be BULLETINS, ALERTS OR...wait for it.

Wait.

Wait.

HOTSHEETS. A monthly hotsheet on Pet businesses, and so on, this might fetch a 5 dollar recurring income X number of topics, for work you've already done, with a little mangagement and updates.

And, AND, with a sequenced newsletter, hotsheet, it has twice the shelf life, so instead of one year, we ran the first edition of NPGS for 30 months, not 12, before we started the second issue. Some decent software and this can be automated pretty much from the get go, eh?

It was my TIDAL WAVE intention, to do just this, with Ohio Sports Betting and with seasonal sports, NFL, MLB, NBA, Golf, etc., etc. I was going to have a hotsheet for each, including special OFF season Bulletin/Alerts.

g

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 43406)
Hi Gordon,

I think you're absolutely right...

I've given thought to ... how can you do this with info-products?

One way which is similar - but not identical - is with a paid subscription newsletter...

The idea is that people have to stay subscribed to keep getting it.

It's not exactly the same because, with a Starbucks coffee, or with WD-40, they just keep "producing" the same thing over and over again, day after day, month after month, year after year...

A cup of Starbucks Coffee, or a can of WD-40, will be identical whether you buy it in November, December, or January...

However, if you put out the identical same newsletter in November, December, and January - nobody will stay subscribed!

Another example might be a kind of "reference" service... Which is essentially a type of "database"...

For example, I currently subscribe to "SpyFu"...

SpyFu is a database of what's being searched for, as well as what ads are being run on Google - that kind of thing. It's constantly updated.

If you want to keep access, you have to keep paying the monthly fee.

I love the SAAS ("Software As A Service") model... Essentially, it is software on a subscription model. I plan to dip my toe into this in the not-too-distant future (I'm working on it as we speak)...

I'm not a current subscriber, but I've been a subscriber to Estibot in the past. This is a service that gives you an estimate of the value of domain names... It's a type of SAAS service.

Having said that - there are still many, many opportunities in more traditional "consumable" fields too...

Thanks for a great topic, Gordon!

Best wishes,

Dien