SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Any experience with..... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5103)

Rich August 30, 2003 01:31 PM

Any experience with.....

Just wondering.

Anybody have experience with using PayPal or other third party payment processor and then moving to merchant acct like Paysystems and increase in sales conversions?

Dien Rice September 1, 2003 06:23 AM

I don't have any hard data to back it up, but when it comes to Paypal

versus other credit card processors, there are both pluses and minuses....

On the plus side for Paypal, some people have money sitting in their Paypal account, and they'd like to spend it. So if you take Paypal, they'd be happy to spend their money with you...

However, not everyone has a Paypal account, and may not feel comfortable enough to get one.

If you use Paypal, it's easy to think that everyone uses Paypal too. However, if you sell on eBay, you'll come across many who do not have Paypal accounts. So, if you only take Paypal payments, you could be losing sales....

- Dien Rice

> Just wondering.

> Anybody have experience with using PayPal or
> other third party payment processor and then
> moving to merchant acct like Paysystems and
> increase in sales conversions?

Bill September 1, 2003 12:36 PM

PayPal horror stories...

> However, not everyone has a Paypal account,
> and may not feel comfortable enough to get
> one.

I wonder why...

Just check out:
www.paypalwarning.com
www.paypalsucks.com

Some of the many horror stories

Maria Marsala September 20, 2003 12:08 AM

Re: Any experience with.....

I've been on the net since 1994, so using paypal is no big deal for me. However, even when it first came out (when the charge per item was 5%), it was a pain in the neck to set up.

Still is and that is why the 2nd option is other 3rd party accounts.

I choose 2checkout.com and am an affiliate (that is not the affiliate link, if you want that, LMK)

I could have used propay.com as that is another such service that some recommend. Howver, with propay, they want you to send them, in the mail a personal check for the set up fee.

2check out also comes with different free shopping cart items. HOWEVER, like other 3rd party merchant accounts, it is the service, not your name that appears on people's bills.

My goal is to become so profitable that paying all those monthy minumum/maximum/whatever fees, to have a "real" merchant account .

Ezines from A to Z

Maria Marsala September 20, 2003 12:10 AM

Re: Any experience with.....

PS.

Whenever I have a problem with paypal, three times I think, I just call them up and the problem gets solved.

I now offer both ways of payment on my site....paypal and 2checkout.

Ezines from A to Z