SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Free eBooks can create a promotion virus! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4793)

Eric McArdle May 12, 2003 06:22 AM

Free eBooks can create a promotion virus!

Hello,

The way I build prospects is making ebooks. Give about two weeks to making an ebook (there are tons of free software to make them, email me and I will send you the links) that has a concept about how to get traffic.
The most successful way to make money is to have an opt-in list that trusts you and sees you as somebody that wants to help you throughout the way.

ListFire http://eric996.opportunity.com allows you to build a huge opt-in list for free. Say your book revolved around this concept..."Maximum exposure = ebooks, ezines, and opt-in lists." You can easily place a link to recommend ListFire as it is a way to build a targeted opt-in list for free. If you are a SubscriptionRocket member http://traffica.opportunity.com , you can bring it up in the ezine part of your ebook. It has a good concept(get your ezine showed five times for every hit you get, I think...lol) and is free to join. If you have subscribers to your ezine and you supply them with good and helpful content, then that is a portion of your trusting opt-in list.

Strangers Make Sells Rarely!

What I did was downloaded a ton of free ebooks, read them, figured out how to advertise within good content, brainstormed a bunch of ideas, deleted all of the ebooks and looked for others. There are a lot of good free ebooks, but the majority are just trying to sell you something in the end.

Dont you hate ebooks that state they can help you in specific areas, but every page and link redirects to a sales page?

Thats why its key to give thought into an ebook. You can make a whole bunch of half-ass ebooks and try and promote them all, or promote everything you want through an organized, well compilated free ebook.

#1 reason people use the internet and consider it.....Information

Supply them with good information and they will want to hear from you again. Good content builds credibility and thats what you need to gain maximum exposure.

You can promote an unlimited amount of programs, but they need to have a reason for being there and tie into the main concept of your book. Also, if you are distributing an ebook, every resource and program should be little or no cost whatsoever.

Why would I want to read an ebook that I have acquired for free when its filled with links to stuff I have to pay for. Nobody wants that and few except that. This is what you should do to keep in touch with the person that decides to take a look at your ebook,

Make a well built download page that simply explains the concept to your ebook and how the person reading it will benefit. Have a form that links to a free autoresponder (GetResponse,FreeAutoBot, SendFree, etc) and have the instant message be the download link. Now you can check out your leads list and see who had downloaded your ebook. These are people you should try and build relations with

Contact all of them and ask them what they thought of the ebook. How acccurate and helpful the content was, and overall if they benefited from it. If you gave thought into your ebook and wrote some great content, they will reply back with "I liked it." If you hurried it, they might reply back with "That was a waste of time"(which hurts sometimes) If they liked it, then you should offer them to subscribe to your newsletter (which will help in what they are trying to achieve) or ask them if they would like to take a free ecourse that you have made, assuming you have. Or you can simply ask for permission to keep in contact with them and send them any resources that you see as helpful.

If they say yes, thats somebody else to your opt-in list. Give them good and free information and resources. Dont promote program after program and dont try to sell something in the beginning. That might discourage them from wanting to consider anything from you! It takes a while to build trust between someone and once you hit that point, the majority of the time they will consider and purchase your product because they see you as somebody who wants to help and wants to see you succeedas they have.

If you havent succeeded, dont say that you are an internet marketing guru. You will get caught and its noticible who is and whos not.

Again back to the ebook, at the end write something about yourself and include a picture if possible. If people know that you are willing to be seen and are willing to include information to contact you, they will feel like they know you and can trust you to an extent.

Promote another free ebook inside a free ebook. Mention a topic that somewhat relates to your main concept of the ebook, and say that they can get get this ebook here. Example:

*Concept is getting the most exposure with the smallest amount of work through traffic exchange programs(click-thru, autosurf, class ads, and banners)

*In it you can mention that traffic exchange programs are only a small portion of advertising your business, and that opt-in lists and ezines can promote your business greatly*

With this being said, I would say "I have a great, free ebook that is packed full of ideas on how to build a targeted opt in list and get maximum exposure through ezines. You can email me here for this." Do not send that link to an autoresponder, answer it personally with a thanks for considering it.

If somebody wants to read another ebook that you wrote, than they like the information that you provided and want to consider what you have to offer. In that ebook you can advertise another free ebook that you wrote.

This comes to the conclusion that free ebooks have the power to start an exposure virus. If you like your ebook and would consider other people to read it, ask ebook publishers if they will put a link to it in the next issue as a subscribers free bonus. If you are sketchy about the quality of your ebook, dont promote it and do some more research. There are tons of sites that you can submit your free ebook to and you can offer it to your ListFire list.

By using the autoresponder you know who considered your ebook. You build relations and trust with them by providing free resources and information that they benefited from.

One last note**You can offer for your book to be branded with other peoples link, thus creating an even more deadlier exposure virus.
Think of this..

You have an ebook that contains your listfire link. Ask ezine publishers to give it away in their newsletter or ezine. Some people download it and follow the plan meaning that they sign up at listfire under you. You can add something like "If you would like to brand this ebook with your own links and give it away for free, then please email me." They can request to rebrand your ebook.

Im still a little confused on how to get a brander to your ebook, so I send them to websites that I have made, copy the source code, replace my urls with theirs, and put those documents into an ebook compiler. Create the ebook and now you have an ebook to give away with all of your links. They will promote that ebook and give it away which contains their listfire url. People that go with the plan will sign up under them ( you get credit up to 15 levels...I think...as a free member) which means that you will start to get tons of sign-ups and only a little amount of the work was done by you. Not only ListFire, but any other program that was branded with your url.

Two factors to promotion: Viral Marketing and Duplication.

If youve got these strategies down, then you should be making a good amount of money on the internet. Once you get people wanting to brand it, they will start to do the work for you. That doesnt mean you stop doing work, but you will have more time to create other ebooks and work on other programs.

Ive got a lot more ideas, but I will post them later

Hope this helps!

To your success,
Eric McArdle

If you would like to know where to get all the software needed to build an ebook for free, just send me an email asking at [email protected]

Michael Ross (Qld, Aust) May 12, 2003 08:21 AM

What a crock...

> The way I build prospects is making ebooks.

What kind of prospects are you talking about here? People to buy your "How to market on the internet" book?

> Give about two weeks to making an ebook
> (there are tons of free software to make
> them, email me and I will send you the
> links) that has a concept about how to get
> traffic.

Why not post all the links here. Show how truly generous you are instead of trying to use this enticement as a list building ploy.

> The most successful way to make money is to
> have an opt-in list that trusts you and sees
> you as somebody that wants to help you
> throughout the way.

No. The most successful way to make money is to sell a product people want. To do so ethically and honestly.

> ListFire http://eric996.opportunity.com
> allows you to build a huge opt-in list for
> free.

Don't know how seriously we can take your recommendation because it is your affiliate link. Makes us think you only posted it so YOU would get something out of anyone who clicks through.

Say your book revolved around this
> concept..."Maximum exposure = ebooks,
> ezines, and opt-in lists." You can
> easily place a link to recommend ListFire as
> it is a way to build a targeted opt-in list
> for free. If you are a SubscriptionRocket
> member http://traffica.opportunity.com ,
> you can bring it up in the ezine part of
> your ebook.

Another affiliate link. I see... you only post to get people through on your affiliate link. Hmm.

It has a good concept(get your
> ezine showed five times for every hit you
> get, I think...lol) and is free to join.

Wow... you're only the millionth person to come and tell us all how wonderful Subscription Rocket is. Sorry Erik... seems you are a bit late to the party.

If
> you have subscribers to your ezine and you
> supply them with good and helpful content,
> then that is a portion of your trusting
> opt-in list.

Um. Yeah. Ok.

> What I did was downloaded a ton of free
> ebooks,

You mean, like the free ebooks you recommend everyone to write.

read them, figured out how to
> advertise within good content, brainstormed
> a bunch of ideas, deleted all of the ebooks
> and looked for others.

Ah. So you are just another freebie seeker.

There are a lot of
> good free ebooks, but the majority are just
> trying to sell you something in the end.

A bit like your post.

> Dont you hate ebooks that state they can
> help you in specific areas, but every page
> and link redirects to a sales page?

Yeah. I also hate people who post old hat info they have compiled from elsewhere under the guise of being helpful, when all they are really doing is using the dubious article as a way to get around the anti-advertising rules. And I especially hate it when someone spews back the stuff they got from the free books as if they were some kind of expert or something.

> Thats why its key to give thought into an
> ebook. You can make a whole bunch of
> half-ass ebooks and try and promote them
> all, or promote everything you want through
> an organized, well compilated free ebook.

Let me get this straight...

YOU download free ebooks. Read them. Delete them. Then tell others that writing free ebooks is a good way to get exposure as people will pass your ebook around (instead of deleting them like you do). Am I missing something?

> #1 reason people use the internet and
> consider it.....Information

People use the internet?

WOW. Thanks for pointing that out.

> Supply them with good information and they
> will want to hear from you again. Good
> content builds credibility and thats what
> you need to gain maximum exposure.

Is this based on your experience or are you simply repeating what you read in all those free ebooks you downloaded and then deleted?

> You can promote an unlimited amount of
> programs, but they need to have a reason for
> being there and tie into the main concept of
> your book. Also, if you are distributing an
> ebook, every resource and program should be
> little or no cost whatsoever.

Oh. More free stuff.

> Why would I want to read an ebook that I
> have acquired for free when its filled with
> links to stuff I have to pay for.

Beats me. Then again. Why would you download free ebooks, delete them, then try to tell other people to write free ebooks.

Nobody
> wants that and few except that. This is what
> you should do to keep in touch with the
> person that decides to take a look at your
> ebook,

I'm listening...

> Make a well built download page that simply
> explains the concept to your ebook and how
> the person reading it will benefit.

Hey. It's free. The freebie crowd doesn't care about benefits. Put a couple of features on a page, tell them it's free and why and just as many people will download your ebook.

And in return, you get a list of people who are looking for free stuff.

Have a
> form that links to a free autoresponder
> (GetResponse,FreeAutoBot, SendFree, etc) and
> have the instant message be the download
> link.

Great. More free things.

This is what gets me... people claiming they want to make money online but they are unwilling to spend money anywhere.

Now you can check out your leads list
> and see who had downloaded your ebook. These
> are people you should try and build
> relations with

I thought the free eBook was supposed to build my relationship because it was so good.

> Contact all of them and ask them what they
> thought of the ebook. How acccurate and
> helpful the content was, and overall if they
> benefited from it.

They don't want to tell you about your book. They most likely deleted it shortly after reading it - just like you do.

If they wanted to stay in contact with you they wouldn't want all your free stuff.

If you gave thought into
> your ebook and wrote some great content,
> they will reply back with "I liked
> it."

Will they. Oh. This sound so contrived. Hey, what do you think of my eBook? I liked it. Pure fluff.

If you hurried it, they might
> reply back with "That was a waste of
> time"(which hurts sometimes)

Doubtful. They just won't reply. And YOU have tainted another person's impression of free ebooks.

If they
> liked it, then you should offer them to
> subscribe to your newsletter (which will
> help in what they are trying to achieve) or
> ask them if they would like to take a free
> ecourse that you have made, assuming you
> have.

What's with all the free stuff?

Listen. You cannot eat free electrons. All the nice comments in the world ain't gonna pay your bills. And every time you spend time giving away free ebooks is reducing your money to time ratio. You might as well go work a Mikey D's for all this freebie giving is worth to you.

Or you can simply ask for permission
> to keep in contact with them and send them
> any resources that you see as helpful.

Like more free stuff.

> If they say yes, thats somebody else to your
> opt-in list. Give them good and free
> information and resources.

More free stuff. Sheesh. You really haven't marketed anything online before have you. You're just repeating stuff you've read haven't you.

Dont promote
> program after program and dont try to sell
> something in the beginning.

Why not? Because that's not what the free ebook you read said?

That might
> discourage them from wanting to consider
> anything from you!

Bull. If you have analysed the market correctly you can sell them right off the bat because they are looking for what you have.

Why don't you try and build a normal business using your endless-freebie model.

You can't. Bills needs to be paid. Food needs to be put on the table.

I can just see it now...

Free lawn mowing. Did you like it? Yes. Good. Want more free lawn mowing but this time with garden weeding? Sure. Like it? Yes. Would you now like to have me fertillise your yard for free? Oh yes.

Yeah. You'll last a week (if that) giving everything away all the time in the real world.

This free idea is passe. It's no more. The "gurus" are only just now starting to wake up to it.

It takes a while to build
> trust between someone and once you hit that
> point, the majority of the time they will
> consider and purchase your product because
> they see you as somebody who wants to help
> and wants to see you succeedas they have.

No. They will purchase your product because it is what they are looking for.

But I tell you... the way you describe it sounds as if you are advocating people become internet marketing gurus. As if we need more of them.

> If you havent succeeded, dont say that you
> are an internet marketing guru. You will get
> caught and its noticible who is and whos
> not.

Speaking of the devil.

> Again back to the ebook, at the end write
> something about yourself and include a
> picture if possible.

Why? Maybe it will scare away the reader. BTW, where is YOUR picture?

If people know that you
> are willing to be seen and are willing to
> include information to contact you, they
> will feel like they know you and can trust
> you to an extent.

If you don't BS people they will trust you more. Subterfuge just never works.

> Promote another free ebook inside a free
> ebook.

Oh My God. It's like one those Chinese Dolls - free ebooks inside of free ebook inside of free ebook.

Mention a topic that somewhat relates
> to your main concept of the ebook, and say
> that they can get get this ebook here.
> Example:

> *Concept is getting the most exposure with
> the smallest amount of work through traffic
> exchange programs(click-thru, autosurf,
> class ads, and banners)

Well I gotta say.... EXPOSURE DON'T PAY BILLS. AND, it can send you broke REAL fast.

It's easy to get exposure. Bid REAL HIGH on a couple of key words with Google. You'll get all the exposure you want.

Banner ads are dead!

> *In it you can mention that traffic exchange
> programs are only a small portion of
> advertising your business, and that opt-in
> lists and ezines can promote your business
> greatly*

You mean promote more of your free stuff. Umph.

> With this being said, I would say "I
> have a great, free ebook that is packed full
> of ideas on how to build a targeted opt in
> list and get maximum exposure through
> ezines. You can email me here for
> this." Do not send that link to an
> autoresponder, answer it personally with a
> thanks for considering it.

Tell you what. How about selling something instead.

> If somebody wants to read another ebook that
> you wrote, than they like the information
> that you provided and want to consider what
> you have to offer. In that ebook you can
> advertise another free ebook that you wrote.

Again with the free. Erik, you gotta do some real marketing and stop reading all those free ebooks.

> This comes to the conclusion that free
> ebooks have the power to start an exposure
> virus.

This comes to the conclusion you have no experience and are just repeating something you read or heard somewhere.

If you like your ebook and would
> consider other people to read it, ask ebook
> publishers if they will put a link to it in
> the next issue as a subscribers free bonus.
> If you are sketchy about the quality of your
> ebook, dont promote it and do some more
> research.

More research. Like this article. Based on researching of free ebooks and repeating some of their content without knowing if any of it applies in the real world of online marketing.

There are tons of sites that you
> can submit your free ebook to and you can
> offer it to your ListFire list.

And I bet they are all free too. eh?

> By using the autoresponder you know who
> considered your ebook. You build relations

I thought only Clinton has relations...

> and trust with them by providing free
> resources and information that they
> benefited from.

More free. Jeez. Give the free thing a rest.

> One last note**You can offer for your book
> to be branded with other peoples link, thus
> creating an even more deadlier exposure
> virus.

Doubtful these days.

> Think of this..

Ok. I will think...

> You have an ebook that contains your
> listfire link. Ask ezine publishers to give
> it away in their newsletter or ezine.

What's in it for them to do that?

Some
> people download it and follow the plan
> meaning that they sign up at listfire under
> you.

Under you? Uh oh. Sounds like a MLM thing.

You can add something like "If you
> would like to brand this ebook with your own
> links and give it away for free, then please
> email me." They can request to rebrand
> your ebook.

> Im still a little confused on how to get a
> brander to your ebook, so I send them to
> websites that I have made, copy the source
> code, replace my urls with theirs, and put
> those documents into an ebook compiler.

A free compiler no doubt.

> Create the ebook and now you have an ebook
> to give away with all of your links. They
> will promote that ebook and give it away
> which contains their listfire url. People
> that go with the plan will sign up under
> them ( you get credit up to 15 levels...I
> think...as a free member) which means that
> you will start to get tons of sign-ups and
> only a little amount of the work was done by
> you. Not only ListFire, but any other
> program that was branded with your url.

15 levels. Yep. Just as I said. MLM.

MLM is a FRAUD. It is a ZERO SUM business.

> Two factors to promotion: Viral Marketing
> and Duplication.

Nah. Seems all you are interested in is convincing people how wonderful this listbot thing is so they can use your link and sign up under you.

> If youve got these strategies down, then you
> should be making a good amount of money on
> the internet.

Huh? The only strategy you talked about was giving free ebooks away which contained links to other free ebooks. You cannot make money giving stuff away. No matter how much you give away. Money does not magically appear.

Once you get people wanting to
> brand it, they will start to do the work for
> you. That doesnt mean you stop doing work,
> but you will have more time to create other
> ebooks and work on other programs.

Oh. So I can have other people give free books away which allows me time to WORK and create more free ebooks.

> Ive got a lot more ideas, but I will post
> them later

If they are anything like this I don't care for them much.

Tell you what would be real good. Instead of posting these ideas of yours which you have obviously just taken from all those free ebooks you downloaded, read and then deleted, how about posting something based on your experience?

We've pretty well had a gut full of the internet marketing gurus here (my opinion). Sure we discuss things about internet marketing based on our relative experiences.

> Hope this helps!

Not really. Your suggested internet marketing sees us write a lot of ebooks, give them all away, let other people give them away and write more free ebooks.

Listen. It's hard enough for most people to write one book and sell it. Let alone write many and give them all away.

> If you would like to know where to get all
> the software needed to build an ebook for
> free, just send me an email asking at
> [email protected]

Again with the free stuff. As I said... what's with wanting to use every free thing around and then expecting people to buy your thing?

Want to be real helpful. Post the link to the free things right on this board. So no one has to send you their email address. And post the links WITHOUT affiliate links.

Michael (Just callin' like I see it) Ross

David May 12, 2003 01:51 PM

Re: What a crock... hey wait a minute!!!

Michael,

Aren't you being a little harsh? He might be on to something here...

Let's see *exactly* what he's saying (in a nutshell):

Write 30 books a month (one a day)
x thousands of downloads
= a viral baby and $1,000,000 cash affiliate profits by the end of the month!

Please Eric, gives us a freakin' break.

When you took that course in "How to post on discussion boards and not get flamed" they forgot to tell you we weren't a bunch of blithering idiots!!

Sorry buddy- just a dose of reality. Go back to school and when you're ready to contribute something worthwhile come back and see us.

Doors always open ;-)

-Dave

Eric McArdle May 12, 2003 04:05 PM

Re: What a crock... hey wait a minute!!!

"Write 30 books a month (one a day)
x thousands of downloads
= a viral baby and $1,000,000 cash affiliate profits by the end of the month!"

Who said that? Dont put junk in other peoples mouths. Its not recommended

Sorry, I'm an information junkie and I read any internet marketing tips that I can possibly get.

ListFire and SubscriptionRocket are free to join

Sorry that you have to spend money on advertising, I use the money I make from my programs to advertise. I spend nothing and make money. Its called knowing a lot of information and tactics

Sorry if you didnt get anything from this post, I have had people email and say great post and request more information.

All my articles are written through personal experience. Sure I get ideas from ebooks but I dont copy them.

Otherwise I would cite the damn pages.

Author:blah blah blah

Author:blah blah blah

no no no, its Author:Eric McArdle

This post I wrote in the ListFire forum in twenty minutes from what I know and what I have experienced. Its not hard to get viral marketing out of distributing ebooks.

Sure you throw out the ones that are worthless, but what about the ones that have valuable content?

Those are what you would recommendto others, thus getting more promotion

You sit here and go on about "Buy a few keywords at google," I know it would give me results but what if im already getting results?

The free ebook creator link is

http://www.ebookcrossroads.com/ebook-compilers.html

and another is

http://publishing.about.com/library/epub/aatp-free-ebook-publishing.htm

This one is the top 10, sorry I didnt include that in the post buddy. Hope your not mad!

Yes I know banner ads are dead, thats why it was an example my friend

You always keep saying sell something instead. Your probably one of the people that spam the link to their sales letter.

Have you made a sale promoting your sales letter without no follow ups? Didnt think so

This post was just to give people an idea that you need to gain prospects and a good, trusting list before you can start getting a good amount of sales a day.

Internet marketers are weary of paying for advertising if they havent seen any success, so they should try to gain some success through free tactics before paying.

Im glad you have money to bid "Real High" on keywords at google, I dont and thats why I try to implement other plans

I dont repeat stuff thats not useful. If I applied the tactics and they didnt work, than they are useless. Straight up!

I just decided to post this because I had people tell me that it is a good article and has some useful information.

Are you scared of free stuff michael? Just cant succeed without paying a minimum of $100? Sorry to hear that, people like free stuff and thats what they want until they are comfortable enough to start paying for something.

If you write a worthwhile ebook with valuable content, it will make the ezine publisher look like they know more, thus building their credibility and yours.

Wow, what a concept Michael!!!

Your giving me the picture that youve maybe tried this tactic and havent succeeded? Maybe because you cant write persuasive enough or you write trash. Again, sorry you have to pay for success.

I am an affiliate that distributes a wide variety of infoproducts, so I have marketed online and have made money.

I have bought a lot of the ebooks and software that my affiliate program promotes so that I can put a personal endorsement on it. I get a lot of information out of that, and if people are interested in what I have to say, I will provide them with resources that they will benefit from (information from those products and the software)

People wont purchase your product off the bat if they didnt know what its about. Its all about the follow ups (if you dont beleive this, then get of the internet please) If you provide them with beneficial information that soon leads to your product, they will be in a more "open to buy" mood. Again, what a concept huh?

Listbot is gone. I also hate MLM and dont do any of those except for listfire which is more of a downline to advetise to, not a supposedly twenty dollars for signing people up. I agree with the mlm thing.

I dont want anybody to signup under me, I do that in a whole different fashion.

Again Michael, this is a tactic that I have implemented and has helped me promote.

HaHa, the top 10 list of free software. Do you get paid to give away free stuff. NOpe, so theres no affiliate link.

Well, it saddens me that you see this post as opposing to your personal experience. We all have different experiences and use different tactics to make the money we need to survive.

Regards,
Eric McArdle

John David Bradshaw May 12, 2003 09:47 PM

Eric, watch your step...

Eric,

I just did a search of the messages on this forum.
I wanted to see how many posts you have made on this forum
prior to today. The answer is Zilch. Nada. Zip. None.

I didn't think I recognized your name from this forum.
Never heard of you before today. But it's obvious
you haven't spent much time reading any of the posts
on this forum.

After reading your post, I was surprised it wasn't
deleted as spam. But maybe someone is trying to teach
you about the art of posting on forums. There are certain
do's and don'ts. You did a lot of the don'ts. You missed
a lot of the do's.

If you had spent any time on this board, you would
have realized that Michael Ross is one of the most
respected marketers that frequents this board.
If you go toe-to-toe with Michael, you better be
packing some heat. You better know what you are
talking about.

And then there is forum ettiquette. Rebekah Nahai has
a good ebook on forums. You should read it. It's not free!
You can find it at http://www.forumprofits.com
I am an affiliate, but that is not an affiliate link.
If you buy it from that link, Rebekah gets all the dough.

And about the Listfire thing...I doubt if Mike Chen
will be too happy about the less than favorable
exposure his product has received here.

My recommendation to you is to spend many hours lurking
at this forum. Do not post unless you have a question.
Then, after you have really learned from the veteran
marketers who post here, you may be able to contribute
to the forum.

Eric, I am not trying to be mean or nasty. Just trying
to give you some words of wisdom. Take them to heart.

"...let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak,
slow to wrath;" James 1:19

JDB
--
John David Bradshaw - The After50 Online Marketing Coach(TM)
Teaching old dogs new tricks...that make money online!
http://www.makingmoneyonlineafter50.com

More words of wisdom...

DaveH May 13, 2003 02:17 AM

JDB: Wise counsel to Eric but...

you are going to spoil what could turn into a real "entertaining" thread talking like that:-)

> If you go toe-to-toe with Michael, you
> better be
> packing some heat. You better know what you
> are
> talking about.

Why don't you just let him "have a go" at Michael, I'm sure we would all learn something from it. Hopefully Eric would too. Certainly could be interesting.

> And about the Listfire thing...I doubt if
> Mike Chen
> will be too happy about the less than
> favorable
> exposure his product has received here.

Maybe we could even get Mike to put in his 2 cents worth for Eric as well.

> "...let every man be swift to hear,
> slow to speak,
> slow to wrath;" James 1:19

Amen. Must be why God gave us two ears but only one tongue.

DaveH

Unlimited Dial-up for $12.95 & great DSL too!

Michael Ross (Qld, Aust) May 13, 2003 02:27 AM

Would you like a bib?

> "Write 30 books a month (one a day)
> x thousands of downloads
> = a viral baby and $1,000,000 cash affiliate
> profits by the end of the month!"

> Who said that? Dont put junk in other
> peoples mouths. Its not recommended

Exactly. Don't put junk in other people's mouths. Maybe you should have followed this "rule" before responding (as I'll show you).

> ListFire and SubscriptionRocket are free to
> join

So what?

This forum is free to read?

Your point is?

> Sorry that you have to spend money on
> advertising, I use the money I make from my
> programs to advertise.

Hang on ... you feel sorry for me because I spend money on advertising. AND THEN, you admit you spend money on advertising.

You really don't have a clue do you?

I spend nothing and
> make money. Its called knowing a lot of
> information and tactics

No. It's called B.S. "I don't spend a dime on any advertising at all. All I do is write free ebooks which promote more free ebooks. And magically I make money."

Hey. Anyone believe that send me an email. No. Better still. Send $1,000US to me by paypal [email protected] and I'll send you thank you note.

BTW... you contradicted yourself.

> Sorry if you didnt get anything from this
> post, I have had people email and say great
> post and request more information.

Assuming your claim that people have actually said it was a great post and asked for more info, then you are guilty of the very thing I said... Only posting to try to SUCK email addresses out of this forum. Trying to build a list.

I still say it. TRYING to build a list. Whether anyone actually did send you an email is open to debate. After all, those who don't know any better - those who don't know working internet marketing from a crack on the sidewalk - wouldn't know your post was good (great as you claim) or not.

> All my articles are written through personal
> experience. Sure I get ideas from ebooks but
> I dont copy them.

Oh Puuulleeeeaaaassseeeee. You have not written one single thing ever that was first written by someone else. You have only written stuff based on your experience. And you expect me (us) to believe that.

We are supposed to believe you have written several ebooks and maybe a minicourse on something. And that ezine owners have also sent out a notice to their subscribers that they can get your brilliant writing for free. And even rebrand it.

> Otherwise I would cite the damn pages.

> Author:blah blah blah

> Author:blah blah blah

> no no no, its Author:Eric McArdle

Damn pages. Ooooo. Looks like someone is getting testy.

> This post I wrote in the ListFire forum in
> twenty minutes from what I know and what I
> have experienced.

Sorry. Don't go to the Listfire forum So I wouldn't know about what you wrote there.

But it is curious. Just above you said you only write from things of your own experience. But NOW you are saying you also write about things you know. Which easily could mean you read about it then wrote about it.

Seems to me you are contradicting yourself.

Its not hard to get viral
> marketing out of distributing ebooks.

Yeah. That's what all the free information about getting viral marketing from distributing free ebooks says.

> Sure you throw out the ones that are
> worthless, but what about the ones that have
> valuable content?

> Those are what you would recommendto others,
> thus getting more promotion

Hang on. You said you delete all the books you downloaded. Now you're telling us you keep some. (But as newbies, we don't know the good from the bad)

Well, make up your mind. You either delete them as you first said or you keep some.

Man. That's a BIG difference. And if you are trying to impart some kind of knowledge you ain't doing it good. Because someone who would follow your first advice would have deleted all the stuff they downloaded.

> You sit here and go on about "Buy a few
> keywords at google," I know it would
> give me results but what if im already
> getting results?

I don't sit here and go on about Google ads words. YOU were talking about exposure. I simply stated that you can get exposure using Google ad words.

Hey. You were the first person to bring up click thrus - which is how Google ad words works. But you being the all so knowledgable expert you are making out should have known that.

> The free ebook creator link is

>
> http://www.ebookcrossroads.com/ebook-compilers.html
> and another is

>
> http://publishing.about.com/library/epub/aatp-free-ebook-publishing.htm
> This one is the top 10, sorry I didnt
> include that in the post buddy. Hope your
> not mad!

First, I am NOT your buddy.

Second, Why would I get mad? Getting mad implies I care about your post.

> Yes I know banner ads are dead, thats why it
> was an example my friend

Again. You were the one who brought up banner ads. In your original post you did not say they were dead. Now you do... but only after I point that out. Are you like those people who always knew something AFTER the event or after they were proved wrong?

Maybe if I show something else you wrote was wrong you would also tell me it was just an example.

> You always keep saying sell something
> instead. Your probably one of the people
> that spam the link to their sales letter.

SPAM? ME? Yeah right. You really don't have a clue at all do you.

Ok. Making money 101. NOTHING happens UNLESS a sale is made. You gotta sell something to make money.

If you claim to have a way to make money without selling anything, then you must be alluding to those MLMs that make those claims - which are false anyway because you can only make money by selling something.

Care to debate THIS POINT further?

> Have you made a sale promoting your sales
> letter without no follow ups? Didnt think so

I don't really know what you are talking about. Have I made a sale promoting my sales letter without follow up? What on earth are you saying/asking?

I don't promote sales letters. It's the sales letter's job to do the promoting.

As for follow up. Hey, have you seen me asking people to send me their email before I let them look at a sales letter?

Hello?

Seeing as I don't get their email address before letting people look at my sales letter, I have no way to follow up with them because I have no way to contact them.

> This post was just to give people an idea
> that you need to gain prospects and a good,
> trusting list before you can start getting a
> good amount of sales a day.

Was it. Then all you had to say was, "Before you can start getting a good amount of sales a day you need to gain prospects and a good, trusting list."

I'm sure we could all have understood what you meant. Just.

> Internet marketers are weary of paying for
> advertising if they havent seen any success,
> so they should try to gain some success
> through free tactics before paying.

No. Most of the people who won't spend a dime on ads don't have a dime to spend on ads. They are on the brink of financial disaster and are looking for a magic bean to come and give them Instant Wealth Without Work.

That's why they expect everyone to buy their thing but they won't spend any money whatsoever in the process.

Free list servers, free autoresponder, free webpage building software, free marketing everywhere they can find it.

But they don't realise, they spend an awful lot of productive time looking for these free alternatives. IF they had just bitten the bullet and spent the measly few bucks, they could have devoted the saved time to making more money - in their business or at work. And they would be better off.

Your advice to write free abook after free ebook is just bad advice. Period.

> Im glad you have money to bid "Real
> High" on keywords at google, I dont and
> thats why I try to implement other plans

You don't have money. See... exactly like I just said before.

So now you are just another B.S. internet marketing "guru" who is going to show us all how to make mega bucks online while bearly having enough money to pay for internet access.

Typical.

> I dont repeat stuff thats not useful. If I
> applied the tactics and they didnt work,
> than they are useless. Straight up!

How would you know. You previously said you also write about stuff you "know". So now we are once again expected to believe you have written many many ebooks, given them all away, written a free course, and had ezine owners who are strangers to you, recommend your book to their readers.

But as for repeating stuff that's not useful. I would say that suggesting new people would write ebook after ebook and give them all away it about as useless as you could get. So you contradict yourself again.

> I just decided to post this because I had
> people tell me that it is a good article and
> has some useful information.

Ok. So now you have had other people tell you it is NOT A GOOD ARTICLE and the information is useless. So what are you gonna do now. Who are you gonna believe? What a predicament. HA!

> Are you scared of free stuff michael? Just
> cant succeed without paying a minimum of
> $100? Sorry to hear that, people like free
> stuff and thats what they want until they
> are comfortable enough to start paying for
> something.

Scared of free stuff? Nope. Not at all. Some of the best software I have found and used has been free. Some of the most useless software I have used I had to pay for.

I can succeed very well without spending $1,00 on ads. In fact, one of the businesses we tested for The Great Ideas Letter was started for the cost of a two line classified ad. And its growth has all been self funded.

Of course people online like free stuff. Duh! Tell me (us) something we don't know, Einstein.

The question you really have to ask yourself is, do I want freebie seekers, who don't have any money, as my customers.

Look at yourself. You are a self-admited freebie seeker who doesn't have money. I rest my case.

> If you write a worthwhile ebook with
> valuable content, it will make the ezine
> publisher look like they know more, thus
> building their credibility and yours.

It's not going to make the ezine owner look like they know more. In fact, if all the ezine owner does is promote your wonderful ebooks, it makes them look like they don't know anything - otherwise they would have shared that info themselves already.

> Wow, what a concept Michael!!!

Hey Eric. Sell stuff. Make money. What a concept. It's the oldest concept there is. Older even than the Ten Commandments. Trade. It's eons old.

> Your giving me the picture that youve maybe
> tried this tactic and havent succeeded?

Why would I try this? I've got far better things to do with my time than write free ebook after free ebook after free ebook. It's a losing proposition. It doesn't put money in your pocket. People ain't gonna donate money.

And even if they wanted to they are like you... freebie seekers who don't have any money.

> Maybe because you cant write persuasive
> enough or you write trash. Again, sorry you
> have to pay for success.

I thought you said White Trash then for a sec. HA!

Hey. Don't feel sorry for me for any reason. Paying for success is quite alright by me. I understand the universal law that you don't get something for nothing. You got to pay your dues, so to speak.

You're offering a B.S. pipe dream - free money. Ain't no such thing.

> I am an affiliate that distributes a wide
> variety of infoproducts, so I have marketed
> online and have made money.

Ah... here we go. Let me translate that... You sell other people's "How to make money online" books. Yeah thought as much. And now you want to pass yourself off as some kind of internet marketing expert. YAWN!

> I have bought a lot of the ebooks and
> software that my affiliate program promotes
> so that I can put a personal endorsement on
> it.

Let me translate that again... you have signed up as an affiliate and then bought it so you would get some money back and not have to spend as much. Probably because you don't have any money like you admit.

So here we have YOU - a freebie seeking moneyless person - selling books online about how to make money.

Can you explain why that is not wrong?

I get a lot of information out of that,
> and if people are interested in what I have
> to say, I will provide them with resources
> that they will benefit from (information
> from those products and the software)

Yes. You're beginning to spout off all the stuff you read and are becoming an internet marketing expert in your own mind. Figures.

But previously you said you only write about your experience and not what you read. Now you say otherwise. Contradicting yourself again.

> People wont purchase your product off the
> bat if they didnt know what its about.

Well no, of course they won't. I can just see it... hey, here's my money. Please give me that product. Which one. That one that I don't know anything about - not even what it is.

That would be like going into a book store and buying a book with a blank cover.

And no-one is going to do that. So, does saying that people won't buy those products make you out to be knowledgable or something. Is that why you say something so obvious it doesn't even need saying?

Its
> all about the follow ups (if you dont
> beleive this, then get of the internet
> please)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.... You, telling ME, what it takes to market. Oh man. That is just too much.

If you provide them with beneficial
> information that soon leads to your product,
> they will be in a more "open to
> buy" mood. Again, what a concept huh?

What a concept. What concept. All you ever tell us is to write free ebooks which offer other free ebooks. NOWHERE in your post did you mention anything about selling anything. In fact, you made a big deal about making money without selling.

You don't even know what you're writing.

> Listbot is gone.

Listbot, listfire, listylisty... whatever. They are all the same and you knew what I MEANT. Listbot was the word I used in making a point.

I also hate MLM and dont do
> any of those except for listfire which is
> more of a downline to advetise to, not a
> supposedly twenty dollars for signing people
> up. I agree with the mlm thing.

Hold the phone... listen to what you just said... "I also hate MLM and dont do any of those EXCEPT for..."

I guess that really means you don't hate MLM at all. If you truly hated MLM as you said, you wouldn't join any. Here you go contradicting yourself again.

And listfire is a "downline to advertise to." So, all you care about it building your list, as I surmised in the first post. So the truth is coming out.

> I dont want anybody to signup under me, I do
> that in a whole different fashion.

If you don't want anyone signing up under you, why post with your affiliate link? You are lying now.

> Again Michael, this is a tactic that I have
> implemented and has helped me promote.

What is a tactic you have implemented and has helped you promote? Not having people sign up to listfire under you and somehow magically having them in your "advertising downline."

> HaHa, the top 10 list of free software. Do
> you get paid to give away free stuff. NOpe,
> so theres no affiliate link.

Um. Yeah. Ok. Whatever.

> Well, it saddens me that you see this post
> as opposing to your personal experience.

It doesn't oppose my personal experience. It insults my intelligence. The fact is, you cannot make money giving everything away. Look. Let me show you....

5 free ebooks given away = $0.

Those five ebooks have links to other free ebooks of yours. If each ebook is read by two people, then you give away another 10 free ebooks which makes you 10 x $0 = $0.

See that? ZERO DOLLARS. And we can take it up higher... imagine 1,000,000 free ebooks being given away which link to more free ebooks. Again 1,000,000 x $0 = $0.

See. The more you give away you bottom line stays at zero. And in fact it goes into minus as now you are paying more and more bandwidth.

We
> all have different experiences and use
> different tactics to make the money we need
> to survive.

Sure. But your model is all about giving everything away. And giving everything away does not make you money.

And besides. Maybe if you tried actually selling stuff, you wouldn't be without money, like you said. Hey, what a concept Eric!

Michael Ross

Rooster May 13, 2003 12:35 PM

Re: Eric, watch your step...

John David: You state:"After reading your post, I was surprised it wasn't deleted as spam. But maybe someone is trying to teach you about the art of posting on forums. There are certain do's and don'ts. You did a lot of the don'ts. You missed a lot of the do's."...

I saw this very same post on at least 3 different forums that I frequent...It WAS deleted as spam on the board I moderate and was completely 'ignored' on another busy forum...

Apparently this young man has a lot to learn yet but it will be difficult for him until he makes an "attitude adjustment"...It seems though that Michael is taking care of that!....Rooster

Don't get ripped off!.Before you invest one penny in your car ask me about any car related question

Vondre' May 13, 2003 04:17 PM

At Least He's Taking Action...

Hello My Friends,

I think it's important to learn by taking action. So many people read these forums, post, and never get one project off the ground. They are the ones to be laughed at. Here is a wealth of information from some very smart people when it compes to internet marketing and they never ever even start a project.

True...Eric is really barking down the wrong tree. People on these forums know more about internet marketing than the "average Joe." Building your list from these boards is really not the way to go if you're selling internet marketing stuff. You're much better off marketing off-line or finding some of venue.

Mike is a knowledgeable guy and will really eat you up from time to time. I've had my run ins with the guy, but it's okay to have a difference in opinion. Remember, these are not the guys you have to prove yourself to. They are NOT going to buy your internet stuff anyway...they've seen most everything.

Eric...AT LEAST YOUR TAKING ACTION! You will learn that giving away FREE stuff is not that good as you think. But...you will learn it, make changes, and hopefully develop into a success on some level.

Good Success!!!

Vondre'
The "BIG BRAIN" Entreprenuer!!!

GAZAM means ACTION!!!
http://www.gazam.com

This Is For Those Who Want Off-Line $$$$$