SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone have any extra Hurricane Isabel air? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5165)

Dennis Anglin September 28, 2003 10:53 PM

Anyone have any extra Hurricane Isabel air?

Saw this from another forum.

It is purely amazing what people will buy on eBay. The winner of this auction is either a real sucker or has way too much money laying around. Link is below.

Gotta love the ad copy though (DANGER...)

Dennis

Hurricane Air For Sale

Dien Rice September 29, 2003 07:08 AM

Thanks Dennis! Here's another weird eBay auction...

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for posting that! :)

Hmmm... Do you need to refrigerate hurricanes to keep them fresh? :)

Here's another eBay auction... (Link below) This might be enough to put you off your soup!

- Dien

The secret to making animal crackers...

Dien Rice September 29, 2003 05:43 PM

What I loved about that eBay ad is...

Hi Dennis,

More about that ad...

I LOVE the "Certificate of Authenticity". If it has a "Certificate of Authenticity" - then it has to be authentic, right? :)

And also, he forgot to put a "Keep Out Of Reach Of Children" sticker on it. If it gets in the hands of kids who open it up - he could have a lawsuit on his hands!

Ah, it's a dangerous product! :)

- Dien Rice

Dennis Anglin September 29, 2003 06:12 PM

Thanks for the added laugh

I never thought of that.

Looks like people are on the bandwagon. Do a search on eBay for Hurricane Air (don't check mark the title and description) and see what else is offered. One person has 5 jars of muddy water and air from the hurricane "Guaranteed to be real". I'll take three if their cheap.

Sheesh!

Dennis

Margaret MacGillivray September 30, 2003 12:31 PM

Re: Anyone have any extra Hurricane Isabel air?

Hi, Dennis - inspiration comes in many forms :-) - and you just inspired me to try my own little "wierd" corner of eBay.

Margaret

Ghosting for Halloween on eBay!

Dennis Anglin October 1, 2003 01:59 AM

I became an eBay seller by acident

Hi Margaret,

Those ghosts are defintely unique. Good luck with them.

I became an eBay seller when a friend of mine brought me two grocery bags full of Drug Rep Pens. They are pens with the names of different medications on them.

"Jokingly" he said to sell them on eBay because people will buy anything. Sure enough. I did an eBay search for one of the pens and found that their is a fair demand for these pens. I have sold 10 pens and a cork note pad for $13. I just listed more pens this weekend and on one of my auctions (for 5 pens) the latest bid is for $21.50 plus S&H.

Sure it's chump change, but it pays for the gas for the week. Not only that, but they will help raise my feedback rating for bigger and better items.

It's been an interesting learning experience.

Dennis

Just pens

Margaret MacGillivray October 1, 2003 02:50 AM

Re: I became an eBay seller by acident

Hi, Dennis - it's a real buzz selling stuff on eBay. I haven't done it for some time but I decided it was time! I hope you get the whole lot sold!

It would be interested to know if the people bidding are collecting specific names - or if they're reacting to different layouts and pics. as long as you make some money!

Cheers
M