SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Lawrence the curb painter still around (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6451)

JoshuaT July 7, 2009 03:56 PM

Is Lawrence the curb painter still around

I have been painting curbs all summer and have been doing ok. Knocking on doors gives me a 10-14% response. It is HOT where I live in Vegas and would love to learn how to get contracts or up my response knocking. It seems as though years ago Lawrence had this down to a tee. I would love to get in contact with him. Is he around or does anyone have his contact info or marketing material? Thanks

Ankesh July 7, 2009 04:18 PM

Re: Is Lawrence the curb painter still around

Unfortunately Lawrence passed away in December of 2007.

Lawrence had a product that he sold that helped folks achieve 60-80% response rates in painting curbs and peephole installations... I don't know if its being sold today too or not by his relative or someone. (Maybe John Palma or someone can answer that for you - and if the product is being sold - you can buy it. It was very comprehensive with samples of marketing pieces that Lawrence himself used.)

If thats not being sold anymore - search the archives. Lawrence shared a lot of his ideas freely.

SteveSki July 8, 2009 05:21 AM

Hi Joshua, I can send you my flyers and much of the info that Lawrence shared with me. Why not consider using Address America's Curb-Lite system instead of painting? See: www.AddressAmerica.com You can also download their flyers from that site for free. Address America is about to launch a new affiliate program for active distributors. I'm no longer an active distributor since moving to Australia so I can't be part of the new and more lucrative program but I can tell you that the old affiliate program made me thousands extra on top of my own address installations. The new program should be even better. So consider hooking up with Address America.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski

The World's Coolest Email - Send email and video that self destructs. Did I mention that it's FREE?

JoshuaT July 16, 2009 05:23 AM

Hello again,
Steve, I have tried to Pm you. Please contact me through email at [email protected]. I am trying to get my curb painting business to a point where I can make 150 a day. Lawrence must have been a master at 300 a day. I would also like to talk about your photography business. Thank you.

L.B. Jenkins July 16, 2009 11:54 AM

Joshua,

Here's just one way to enhance your business. Hire and train someone to actually do the curb painting. They get a percentage of each job they do. Now you are freed up to go door knocking if that is your method.

You could also invest in a couple of direct connect type phones so you can call your employee to come to a particular location to provide same day service if that is what your client wants.

You will grow from there. As you grow hire an additional person and pay them a percentage of the call. Then you can expand into other areas of business.

SteveSki July 17, 2009 06:51 AM

Re: Is Lawrence the curb painter still around - OK Josh... you asked so....

Hi Josh, OK I'll send you some free marketing tips for both curb painting and photography. Please let others here know what you think of the information without spilling my secrets as I'm not about to share my hard earned knowledge with the entire world for free. However I'll help you because you asked and I believe that since you have already been taking action with curb painting that you will also take action with my super simple photography methods. Forget $300 a day addressing homes. I guarantee you'll make at least $500 a day taking portraits and only putting in 2 to 3 hours a day! I don't care if you have any prior experience or not because anyone who takes action and follows my plan exactly will succeed. Don't complicate things by changing my system. Simple, short and sweet works best.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
www.PetPhotographyBusiness.com
www.MoneyMakingPhotography.com

QKnight June 13, 2010 09:10 PM

Steve,
I've been going through some old posts here and found this one and another where you refer to Lawrence's plan for marketing Address America. Could you tell me more about this?
Thank You,
Quinn

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 24917)
Hi Joshua, I can send you my flyers and much of the info that Lawrence shared with me. Why not consider using Address America's Curb-Lite system instead of painting? See: You can also download their flyers from that site for free. Address America is about to launch a new affiliate program for active distributors. I'm no longer an active distributor since moving to Australia so I can't be part of the new and more lucrative program but I can tell you that the old affiliate program made me thousands extra on top of my own address installations. The new program should be even better. So consider hooking up with Address America.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski

The World's Coolest Email - Send email and video that self destructs. Did I mention that it's FREE?[/url][/b]

SteveSki June 25, 2010 10:26 AM

Hi Quinn, PM me your address and I'll print and mail a copy to you.

Cheers,
Steve

QKnight June 30, 2010 10:02 PM

Steve,
If you read this, I am interested in the manual. I'm a new user here at SOWPUB and haven't yet made enough posts to PM you. I've sent you an e-mail, but I don't know if you've received it or not. As soon as I make enough posts, I'll PM my address to you.
Thanks,
Quinn