View Single Post
Old January 9, 2010, 02:56 PM
Skip Rosell

Default Niches How important to making money?

There are many ways to find niches that are ripe for the taking. How do you find a niche to target?

There is amazon hot sellers, Google Trends, Most popular ezinearticle base, etc.

I use Ebay. I go to pulse.ebay.com and look under each category. The first listing is the top 10 items searched and bid on in each category. Since millions search and bid at Ebay each day it is a good indicator to what is "hot".

Then I look at the auctions for that item and sort by auction ending soonest. The closer the auction gets to ending the more bids. I look for items in that category that have many bids. I like to see 15 or more bids on the auctions ending in the next hour or two. That tells me if the item(s) are in demand by people that have credit cards. Not just searchers for free information.

To make sure these are hot items and are being bought I check the completed auctions to see what % of the auctions sold in the last two weeks. If 80% or more of the items listed sell then I know I have a hot market to target.

How about you? Do you have a favorite way to pick your niches?

Best of success,

Skip Rosell