View Single Post
Old April 3, 2024, 12:43 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default The Success Secrets of a Formerly Jailed Felon...

Hi Millard,

I'm definitely one for making notes... I have many, many notes over the years...

Right now, I essentially write them in Google Docs...

What kind of notes?

Some are compilations...

I have just short of 50 things that make any piece of writing "interesting" for the reader... To get them hooked, and to keep them reading (and loving it)...

Of course, "conflict" is one (often mentioned by people teaching how to write stories)...

I actually wrote "Conflict identify with one side"... I think if there's a conflict, and if you identify with one side over the other, it just makes it even more interesting! (Think of any sports competition!)

Here's another... "Negative adjectives." I actually got that from Gary Halbert...

Read it here...

https://thegaryhalbertletter.com/HOTD/17.htm

If I introduced it as "The key to success of former jailed felon, Gary Halbert"... that made it more interesting! (No shade on Gary... though it's true... it makes you want to read it even more... I've learned a lot from him...)

There are plenty more... I could easily turn this list into a very valuable product, if I wanted to...

I have notes on finding untapped resources you ALREADY HAVE that you can profit from, if you run a successful, existing business... (By a successful business, I mean that you already have happy customers...) Also very valuable (and extremely hard to find this info elsewhere)...

Just by "tapping" into my notes, I'm sure I have plenty of blockbuster products in there...

But my point here is, it's valuable to take notes, and hang on to them!

Best wishes, Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Glenn,

I appreciate the tip about Jerry Seinfeld's book. Gotta hand it to him for writing everything down.

This reminds me of something Ben Settle, of Email Players fame mentioned.

Ben uses checklists a lot. Just like using Seinfeld's book. Jerry's book would give you a lot of direction... to point you in the right direction.

Ben Settle's use of checklists can do the same. His stuff is NOT cheap, but very powerful.

Again, thanks for tip Glenn.