View Single Post
Old April 18, 2024, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default Thanks Dien, didn't know this.

Thanks for the update, he is apparently back at work, his emails have started last month, I've been on the list, although, like so many emails today, I mostly delete without reading...especially anything marketing, yecch.

Mike was on the cover of Mother Earth News and his annual driveway sale of little plants produced thousands of dollars. One time, me and the net Guerrilla, Rick Smith drove up and he gave us a little tour. Hard working guy and a very nice family too.

Depression is a serious thing, not something like a Cher slap to the face of Nick Cage can cure...her famous "Snap Out of It. " line.

Those who don't understand depression often think that is what one needs...glad you found something that worked for you.

As for my Anti Marketers mindset, well, after being behind all the curtains, and getting it...it may be more of anti people mindset these days, not a good mindset to have for a would be marketer.

So, I plan on doing the Lucky Al's Lottery newsletters sans marketing, it will exist, and I guess one could call it affiliate, but any leads, links or looking at this, will be rewarded, but there won't be any copywriting involved...here it is, take it or leave it. If it needs more than that, I'm out.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I remember Mike McGroarty! He sold plants I think...

This seems to be his website nowadays...

https://mikesbackyardnursery.com

I remember he used (with your permission) your "Dumb Ol' Dirt Farmer" alter ego...

I didn't know about his son Duston McGroarty...

Anyway, I found Duston's website, and signed up for his free newsletter...

Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything... Which I was surprised about... Not even an email acknowledging that I had signed up... I did some more digging...

And I found this post... Which is an email he sent to his customers, which says (in part)...
"This email has been a long time coming. Sorry it took me so long to send this to you.

"I've been suffering from major depression since late June (2023). Many days I couldn't find the will to get out of bed. Why? I don't know why. That's what sucks about this disease."
Depression is no joke... I had some serious depression earlier in my life (late teens - early twenties)...

So I hope and pray Duston is okay and is able to recover... It's not easy. I also lost a good friend to depression about 25 years ago...

Duston's message is here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Review/comm...mment/kiafkng/

In my case, I found that spirituality helped with the depression... As well as what they call cognitive therapy, which I read about and applied to myself...

If anyone here suffers from depression, feel free to reach out...

Best wishes,

Dien