View Single Post
Old April 21, 2024, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Default The evolution of sports betting.

Back in the day, say at the VFW, one would pick Ohio State over Michigan and maybe a point spread. Betting was pretty simple.

And also illegal.

So now, what we've seen, and Ohio is new to legalized sports betting, only a year under our belt...but today,

One can create his own bets. A safe bet would be MI over OH. But with the apps, one can pick over/under yards QB will throw, how many sacks the DE will get, how may + or- yards a receiver has. And the more of these you have it gives greater and greater odds...and thus, a 5 dollar bet could return 2,000 or more if you have all the parlay possibilities. It is or can be complicated.

It is so many ways of losing (and I guess, winning too), and there is this entire APP generation who does it all on their cell.

See, where we used to pick a team to win, today's sport book gives you many ways to wager.

Beating the spread is one of the most placed bets. That is why injury reports are so critical. Many NFL games are decided by a touchdown or less, so if you have a so so field go kicker, and the spread is 2.5, and he makes the last minute field goal and wins, he covers the spread.

Anyhow, the point being, I'm studying and looking at all the PAID sports betting advice being given. There is frenzy, and the many, many, many new podcasts, which are recent, didn't have many just a few years ago...but now there is 24/7 sports info, and with apps, anyone can place a wager.

So, in information marketing, I look for a target audience, knowing LOTTERY IS big, there, and they are like squirrels and anything that looks like a nut, they go for...Sports betting...still finding itself where back in the day everything was mostly clandestine, in clubs, bars, below the table...now everything is above board.

It is easy to place a bet, and with luck, maybe turn that 5 into 1,000. And with sports FANS, betting on their home team, well, it isn't any wonder it has grown so fast. Billions.

Finding the people ready, willing and able to PAY for information is the key to all information marketing in general, which is why AVATARS and profiles are so important. I can render a guess at what sports avatars look like, simply by watching an episode of the Pat McAfee show and see the "stooges" in action. By the way, if he had stock, I'd issue a BUY-BUY-BUY alert.

Anyone can start a podcast, and today, it seems everyone does.

It goes full circle to INTENT. Mine is to create, build then SELL a property...that isn't a secret process by any means, but the question is how fast, how big, how easy...leveraging other people, to the point where I sail off into the sunset.

In this fleshing out creating stage, where you throw as much mud on the wall as you can, I have to go slow enough to stay with what sticks until I find that core audience, and make it valuable to them, so when I do sell it off, we all win.

Whether or not sports betting gets folded into it, depends on what I can come up of value to offer...and that may be a cautionary tale, or it could be as simple as this formula: if the starting left tackle, and left guard are not playing, and a DE is a leading sacker in the league, put your money on the defense, against 28 of the 32 QBs in the NFL.

Or maybe a bit more complicated, W=BB X TB-xx (weather/dome) X Taylor Swift

Gordon