View Single Post
Old February 23, 2018, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Default How do we market our secret?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
"The secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows."
- Aristotle Onassis

I've been spending time with a very successful entrepreneur... Whose whole approach to business is encapsulated by this quote!

If you know something that nobody else knows - and it can help your business, or help your customers - then you are in a great position...

It could mean many possible things... It could be a secret recipe ("11 secret herbs and spices" for example), or the secret mix of alloys used to make Zildjian cymbals (the world's leading manufacturer of cymbals, still run by the same family after 400 years)... It could be a secret source for products others don't know about... It could be secret methods of persuasion... It could be a manufacturing secret that others find hard to copy...

Whatever it is, it should be effective, and few others should know it (the fewer that know it, the better)...!

I do believe, with this approach, you can do very well for yourself...

Best wishes,

Dien

In the case of recipes, trade secrets, how do we let our target market know we have the secret? KFC had stores and advertising.

I get that secrets of other things is important, but if you are offering a service or product, how do we let our markets know we have this specialized knowledge?

Having secrets is kind of a general idea, can you give any more examples?

Gordon