View Single Post
Old October 4, 2019, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Default Throwback idea, high touch vs high tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Thanks Gordon.

You have given me food for thought. I like the idea of doing a 90 minute presentation to determine interest. This could certainly be done to determine interest in an entertainment course. ( I already created a 26 week course and have sold it in the past)

Additionally, this gives me ideas for teaching folks how to really make the internet work for them... My wife says I can find just about anything with my searching skills.

Moreover, I think the personal approach to teaching workshops is "old enough" to be new. At least , you can make a few bucks while testing the waters.

Looking very forward to seeing how things pan out for you !

Millard, I think you are sitting on a silver mine, hope you get it out.

Today, there is a generation which prefers HIGH TECH over HIGH TOUCH, in other words, they like communication at a distance and are awkard with direct interaction. Although, they like group, to get together socially.

Learning wise, many studies have shown there is an efficiency factor which is significant when someone learns from a live person vs self study or a remote instructor (as in the MasterClass series), if Ron Howard gave you the same info in your house, you would retain more of it, and also ask the questions as they came up. However, mountains of cash evidence say that remote learning, and do it on your own is alive, thriving and good for the bank account. Of course it is, you leverage your time incredibly.

No different than when I put my golf clinics on cassette tape, and multiplied myself by the thousands. Today, instead of dvd, cd, cassette tape or VHS or even BETA tapes (yikes)...

We have the podcast, portable and on demand. Or if visuals are needed, downloads or YouTube like videos. Again, the MASTERCLASS idea offers a great proven road, albeit, the do use well known experts. To downsize that, you just need to have a specific expertise, you might not be as well know as David Copperfield for example, but having been a WORKING magician, actually performing and getting paid for decades goes a long way to credibility.

My BIGGEST idea is to create a center which can be duplicated in many cities.
My Bigger idea is to have the ONE operating on an Absentee Owner basis and becoming a Cash Cow.
My big idea is to just have several courses which replace a job (not for me, but for my daughter).

She is NYC, has been for the last 6 years. She has taught at the BrooklynBrainery so brings first hand experience. She is a professional trainer and the classes, many to executives on Wall St (etc.) go for over 5 figures a day. She's paid hundreds of dollars a DAY to do the training.

I would like for her to come home for a year, finish her third book, and replace her jobs in NYC with doing the same thing here in Northeast Ohio. I could easily earn a decent income just booking her but the idea is not to keep her working, but to give her the time to write and create.

So, one or two days a week, gives her the income which matches a week of NYC income, which has to be substantial due to high living costs. She can live a year here in Kent, OH for what she spends in 3 months over there.

Combined, we have enough classes and workshops to take care of ourselves, but the idea is to have other people in on the act.

And again, it has steps, or progressions, and even an Exit Strategy, if we can build one, replicate it, get a few successful up and running, then attract the attention of Big Pockets Corp. and let them buy it out (minus SQ1 or any proprietary IP we develop).

Harvey Brody did teach me to full flesh out the idea, get a clear view from the rooftop, and at this point, there is still a lot of fog around it. I want to measure THRICE, or more, before I cut the cloth.

But, on a dime, I turn and just do SQ1 at the Co-op workspace 1 or 2 days a week and not worry, but be happy.

Thanks Millard for helping in the process. I keep you and others with stuff to offer in mind, when I'm throwing stuff up on the white boards.

Gordon