View Single Post
Old April 5, 2015, 08:05 PM
palmanator

Default Re: Decided To Try The Idea Don Brought Up - But In A Different Way

Regarding the subject line:

I've only sent out a few after the "marathon" of getting it all set up, video recorded, etc over 2 days - Thursday and Friday.

I had planned to start cranking the emails out, but took the weekend off - so I'll be targeting 25 emails per day starting tomorrow - Monday the 6th.

Anyway, what I did send out didn't require subject lines - as I used the submit forms on their websites - so I haven't even crafted an email subject line as of yet.

Regarding split testing:

My hope for this project is really small - so I have no intention of trying to maximize the results - thus no split testing.

I plan to send out 25 emails a day - with the hopes on landing 1 (one) site per month - maybe for 4 to 6 months.

After the 21st, I'll be changing the emails to a "I've tested your website, and you may not be aware of it, but on April 21st, Google made a major change to the search engine result criteria, and your website does NOT meet the NEW Google standards - blah - blah - blah"

I am NOT after a huge successful result.

I'm just looking to capitalize on the "hotness" of the next few months and take advantage of the timing and only do a few sites.

Using Don's wording - I'm after the low hanging fruit, and if you throw enough stuff on the wall and some of it will stick :-)

Regarding "sample" sites.

Since I am only after a SMALL number of interested clients, I don't see the need to try and do "sample" sites.

IF someone responds, my thoughts are to just tell them that I will "match" as closely as possible their existing site with a new WordPress responsive site.

I'm just finishing up one now that I had already been doing before Don's post - as I knew the owner of a business here in Cedar City - so I plan to follow the same pattern.

My clients existing website is http://rustysranchhouse.com.

It is a Joomla based website.

I rebuilt it by purchasing a domain name for this project - so that the exisiting site could stay in place while I re-created a WordPress mobile friendly version.

The NEW WordPress version is currently located at http://restaurant-test-site-2.com/

That's where I built the NEW version. I am about to move it on to the existing site - overwriting and replacing the non-mobile friendly Joomla version.

I will then be adding some new features to it and doing some SEO as well for the client over the next few months.

Hope that makes sense.