View Single Post
Old December 15, 2008, 01:32 AM
L.B. Jenkins

Default A dark and dire for the few not the masses.

Wow Gordon,

I never realized that you were such a "Doom and Gloom" kind of person.

The problem I'm having with all of this, is simply this. Now that the secretary of Treasury, Henry Paulson got his $700 Billion Dollar wish, he is not tapping into it and is not making the banks follow through by making loans as was required when this bill was drafted and passed by OUR US GOVERNMENT!!!

What happened to if the banks can't make loans, our financial sector will collapse? Where is the urgency now? Did something magically happen where our banks are now stable?

Bernie Franks, the Chairman of the Finance Committee is furious about this because it was him and Henry Paulson that wrote that bill together and got it passed. But now the distribution of this money is not taking place.

Let's also not forget that the Department of Treasury just acquired an additional $2,000,000,000,000 trillion dollars of US taxpayer monies and is not disclosing why they were granted this, on who's authority, and will not disclose who will receive this money.

Now another revelation has been exposed to the American public. It turns out that the Big 3 auto bailout was really only for 2 of the Big 3. All that scariness if they don't get their monies all three are going under, but now Ford isn't. What happened there? Did something magically happen that now Ford is stable?

The other point I want to make is that our total US population is over 300,000,000 million and is rapidly approaching 400,000,000 million. But we're talking about a meltdown of a country where 1-1.5 million Americans may be out of work. What about the other 298,000,000 million citizens that are still working? Our country is not going to meltdown nor is going to collapse.

I know by this time next year, I will still be here and I will be still making sales and making money.

For those that have lost their jobs, if they are serious about working then they will do what it takes to get that ball rolling again. For those who want to stand on street corners, with their resumes plastered on sign boards, are silly and foolishly wasting their of time.

Every moment they stand there, they are not making an effort to bring in an income. 2009 will be dire for them, but not those who wake up tomorrow and get busy starting all over.

BTW, economists are still stating that our markets are still bullish and that bargains are everywhere. I say, 2009 is going to be a feeding frenzy and it is rapidly approaching a buyer's market. Especially for the small investor.

Last edited by L.B. Jenkins : December 15, 2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Corrected typing errors. Thanks to Ankesh.