Thread: My case study.
View Single Post
Old August 2, 2022, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Default The fact is...

Dien, Just the fact you've had an email list and have been mailing them for that long, puts you head and shoulders above many out there.

I think you have some great STORED VALUE, on the whole how to front, you can bring to the market, and you have some bought/hidden assets to make that a relatively quick and easy thing to do.

Maybe now that he has become a customer, his wallet will open up and a deluge will follow...just don't bank on it, ok?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I think one big difference is, when they have a report ("done for them"), they have an asset they can sell for years to come, even for decades...

With this other marketer I'm referring to - I guess one asset his customers will have is the "created for you" email list.

But, if I remember right, that done-for-you email list was only going to have I think 50 people on it... It wasn't going to be very large...

An email lists also get "stale" after a while... People's email addresses change, or their interests change...

(Oh, and when I said he would "provide the product that you sell" - I meant that his customers would be selling the product as an affiliate... they wouldn't own the product themselves...)

However, having said that, I sent out an email a few weeks ago, and I made some sales. I went through some of the sales out of curiosity... I saw one guy had subscribed to my email list on 30 June, 2008 (I just looked it up now again to confirm)...

...and this was his first purchase! Wow... That's quite a while... a 14-year gap between subscribing and buying!

Maybe that's an indictment of me as a marketer! Though I'm also pleased that he was apparently happy to stay on my email list for 14 years... and keep reading!

(I do my best to try to keep things fascinating - and also useful - for the reader... )

Best wishes,

Dien