View Single Post
Old November 27, 2008, 03:41 PM
Cornell

Default Just trying to protect forum - don't want repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
Cornell,

Thanks.

I've got a good punishment. And I don't give two hoots about any PC stuff hitting the fan.

My punishment...

Soak ALL bullets in pig fat. Then go Terrorist Hunting.

Michael Ross

Hi Michael:

Was just trying to protect the forum seeing as how the search engines pick up the content here.

A few years back I managed to get B.Myers forum on the national news here at 6 and 11...not to mention the calls to me from the government agencies.

Suppose it wasn't all that bad for Bill...he got some pretty decent press coverage for free )

But I didn't think the forum needed to see the limelight of news coverage on this topic and perhaps be the target of extremist hacking or worse.

Just an example of how crazy the governments are...

I was friendly with 4 partners in a local business who were of the Islamic faith...over the course of a few months I learned of their travels in the country and with their current comings and goings at that time I became suspicious of their activities. The one had a computer with problems and asked if I could fix it, and if not I could just heave it in the garbage....well it wasn't worth fixing and before he turned it over to me he deleted everything but the programs off the drives. That I found very suspicious, so being curious I was able to recover some of the deleted files.

I called the Feds, provided sparse details but told them I had the drives and was told we had provincial task forces that dealt with these mattters...I was referred to the task force, and guess who and what faith the person was I had to report this too...being a single parent with two kids still to raise... and not wanting to be the recipient just yet of a stray snipers bullet, needless to say I did not carry through on reporting it.

Cornell