View Single Post
Old November 13, 2022, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Default Enter the hot tub...time machine.

Joe Karbo was the guy who showed me what a hotsheet was. He got several of them, but that was long before fax, Internet, just good ol USPS snail mail.

The one that caught my eye, was one about boats for sale in S. CA. It cost 20 dollars, and only 200 of them were mailed, weekly. Joe and his boat buddies got this one day ahead price reduction list from some S. CA yacht/boat association. I remember thinking, 20 x 200 for a single piece of paper, a stamp, an envelope...I could do that.

So I think that decades old example might fit the bill as far as what you are asking. A premium priced HOTSHEET requires a good list, with "inside" or advanced information, but it certainly is doable. I think many stock gurus have these types of things.

I feel the VALUE, doesn't come from making the information valuable, that requires selling/persuasion...NO, the value is in the DESIRE, the market, the list of people who already want it, so no selling is required.

Today, I wouldn't be keen on anything face to face, for myself...and my thinking is, if it can be done remotely, do it this way, because you are not limited to an area, location and trust me, the less slop and mess and people you have involved, the better it will be.

Think market first, and choose targets with money to pay for a premium, then you don't need so much effort in selling, but simply allowing for a limited number, use EXCLUSIVITY for higher prices.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
I like the idea of a HOTSHEET simply because it is simple. This got me to thinking.

Glenn Osborn has discussed his newsletter experience at the Jay Abraham conferences in various places. This newsletter concept for businesses is a very good one. Could the newsletter concept be used with a HOTSHEET?

Would this HOTSHEET be valuable enough to charge a premium price for it?

How would you make it valuable enough to charge a premium price?

With such a valuable HOTSHEET, say, delivered monthly, would it make sense to sell it face-to-face?

I know it is a lot of questions, but all this talk of HOTSHEETS just got me into overdrive.