Administrator

Default You are one SPECIAAL dude Don.

HOLY BATMAN...litttle ol you...

can do atha??? All by y0urself???

You the man Don, You the man.

GorDon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post

HOLY CAMOLY....what Negativity! I can't believe it!

"First off...."dealers or customers see you simply wipe on and wipe off, they feel you haven't worked for the money. Yes, the headlight got cleaned, but the perception is what allows one to charge more.

I DO NOT ASK THE LOT OWNERS TO COME AND WATCH ME! I simply ask if I could clean ONE Headlight on ONE car. I use my "Secret Stuff" and go back to the Office and ask the owner to COME SEE WHAT I'VE DONE!

He does NOT KNOW if I've used a BUFFER or SANDER of whatever....all he knows is....YUP! THAT HEADLIGHT SURE LOOKS A LOT BRIGHTER THAN THE OTHER!

Gee Willikers! It's called "SalesmanShip"! If you allow Lot Owners to SEE what yer doin'.....their FIRST instinct is....."Hey! Why do I need THIS guy, I kin do dis myself!"

Excuse em waa.....THIS is for LOT OWNERS ......NOT vehicle Owners!

Hey....again....we're NOT talking here about "ROCKET SCIENCE"! If the guy who's gonna PAY ME (owner of the Lot).....sees the headlight I cleaned AND....IT LOOKS CLEANED AND BETTER THAN THE ONE I DIDN'T CLEAN...he doesn't give a whoopy fizz about "RESTORATION"....he's ONLY looking for a way he can;
SELL his vehicles....FASTER.....and for MORE MONEY! He doesn't give a "Rats Butt" about how long the clean headlight lasts!!!!!!

We are NOT trying to sell to OWNERS of VEHICLES! We're selling to Used Car Lot Owners!...which is a WHOLE DIFFERENT BALLGAME!

A guy in my town sells "RESTORATION OF HEADLIGHTS"! He charges $60! and does a BUFFER thingee! This is NOT the "Market" I'm taking about!

I am NOT interested in "setting up shop on a street corner, to sell to vehicle OWNERS!"

My "Target Market" is.....USED CAR LOT OWNERS who's ONLY interest is;
SELLING VEHICLES FASTER
and
FOR MORE MONEY!

Heck.....if the Headlights turn into mud a week AFTER car buyers get their cars home.....IT'S UP TO THEM TO HIRE SOMEONE TO "PROPERLY RESTORE"!

We're talking here about TWO (2) different Markets!

I have never had any interest in Satisfying CAR OWNERS! That's atotally DIRRERENT Market! My Market is satisfying used car lot OWNERS! IF.....you can see the difference!

Don Alm

Also.....whenever I've gone into ANY Used Car Lot and asked the OWNER if he has any cars where previous owners were SMOKERS.....they've ALWAYS (on a lot of 10 cars or more) given me TWO or more.....for which I took my can of "Fog" (cost me $3.50ea) .....filled the interior and a few minutes later...open the doors and WHALA.....NO MORE SMOKY SMELL! You Kiddin' ME! They QUICKLY GIVE ME $35 PER VEHICLE! If you can't do this for TEN cars a day.....you ain't tryin'!