View Single Post
Old May 24, 2015, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Default WE have a better batting average than Popcorn and Naisbitt combined.

Faith and John made tons of money coining new terms and selling their "research" (now highly discredited) to Fortune 1000 companies (stupidity abounds).

for the last 15 years, some of the trends WE (including you) have forecast have come truer than the high paid consultant or the online astrologer...

cause if you know the state of the PARADE OF LIFE, it isn't that hard to predict the future, is it?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Is being successful at predicting the future, really about marketing your future predictions?

One of the most famous "future predictors" is Faith Popcorn... Who, I think, is really a master marketer.

First, her birth name was Faith Plotkin. Somewhere, she changed it to Faith Popcorn.

Does anyone really have the surname "Popcorn?" However, which is easier to remember, Plotkin or Popcorn? Which has more positive mental associations? It was a good marketing move!

Secondly, she's great at coming up with catchy terms for trends... Cocooning... Atmosfear... Egonomics... EVEolution...

There's definitely some "catchy" stuff there!

I wonder if that's where the real skill is for the successful future predictors...!

Hmmm...

- Dien Risotto

(My new, more "catchy" surname...! )

P.S. Here's a great story about Faith Popcorn's name...

There's No `Pop' In Plotkin, So She Changed Her Name
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/200...azine-reporter